LeakyNews.com

David Yates on the Doctor Who Movie: Not for another five to seven years

Yates
Posted by: Melissa
March 30, 2012, 11:49 PM

As part of this week's Harry Potter WB Studio Tour press extravaganza, Leaky had a chance to sit down with David Yates, director of the last four Harry Potter films. He talked a bit about the possibility of the Doctor Who movie: namely, confirming that he is in talks to do it and that it will be five to seven years before it's made. "We've talked loosely about a movie," he said. "It's something I'm very excited about but it's a very slow burn."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Oh poo, thats long time to wait. But it’ll be worth it. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on March 31, 2012, 12:17 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Doctor who deserves a new film but not sure if David Yates could do it right :/

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 31, 2012, 06:24 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Dr Who visits Hogwarts?

Posted by Won_Two on March 31, 2012, 09:00 AM report to moderator

I’m sort of speechless. I don’t know how I feel about this.

Posted by . on March 31, 2012, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Was there a Doctor Who movie before? I’m a new fan, just started watching last season when it started in Utah. I am not a very hooked fan!

Posted by LunaLuver on April 01, 2012, 02:04 AM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

I would love to see a new Doctor Who movie. However from the info I have found and read on the internet, I really think that David Yates should reconsider most of his ideas.

@LunaLuver There were three movies before. Two starring Peter Cushing and one starring Paul McGann.

Posted by MoonlitFox on April 01, 2012, 09:43 PM report to moderator
Lawgcav_thumb

Please leave Doctor Who alone, Mister Yates. It really doesn’t need to be on the big screen and us fans are far too busy still debating how canonical the TV Movie from 1996 is.

Cheers.

Posted by Atticus on April 05, 2012, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Timeturner2_thumb

that’s a long wait!

Posted by mariakingsford on April 10, 2012, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?