LeakyNews.com

Harry Potter wins Two MTV Movie Awards

News
Posted by: Catherine
June 04, 2012, 12:15 AM

The MTV Movie Awards aired tonight at 9:00 pm. During the show Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 won in two of the six categories in which it was nominated. Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Tom Felton were awarded Best Cast, and Harry Potter was voted as Best Hero. The full list of winners is up on mtv.com. The acceptance speech for Best Cast, given by Emma Watson, can be seen below. More pictures and video clips of tonights wards hopefully coming soon!

Get More: 2012 Movie Awards, New Movies

Emma Watson and the cast of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" present the nominees of Best Male Performance:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Wig4_thumb
I live in UK, we can’t see MTV USA video’s over here!
Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 04, 2012, 03:45 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That’s so cool that Harry Potter win’s 2 Awards!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 04, 2012, 03:48 AM report to moderator
E_sunshine_gif_match_darke_moon_thumb

My mom wouldn’t let me watch the show, but my best friend called me and said he thought Emma got teary eyed when she read Josh’s name. Um, guess I should have watched the clip first, Ill do that now!!
s

Posted by Elodie Eeylop on June 04, 2012, 04:00 AM report to moderator
E_sunshine_gif_match_darke_moon_thumb

The clip doesn’t show that part. Did anyone else think she was teary eyed?

Posted by Elodie Eeylop on June 04, 2012, 04:09 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

How can Harry Potter NOT receive best hero?! :-?
And Emma was sublime, as pretty much always :)

Posted by devilskinn on June 04, 2012, 05:25 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Aren’t these awards meaningless, because people can log in over and over and vote as many times as they want? How else could Twilight have beaten Ron & Hermione for Best Kiss?

And somebody at Leaky needs to learn how to spell ‘category.’ This is the second time lately that I’ve seen it spelled ‘catagory’ on a Leaky News item.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 04, 2012, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

And ‘performance’. (They’ve spelled it as ‘performence’ above the second clip.) Of course, I can’t view the clips either.)

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on June 04, 2012, 09:49 AM report to moderator

Harry Potter is way too underated. (BTW, I love how Emma included Hedwig and Dobby and at least said something about Dan and Rupert, who I love dearly) But, this world is now going for the “in” series, the “Hunger Games”. They could care less if it is about people being blown to bits, or if it’s another boring live triangle. Harry Potter will ALWAYS be the best series of the universe, and as long as us loyal fans will live no other series will come close to being as life-changing as Potter. Someone said to me “You know HP is just a series, right? You’ll get over it?” And I said, “Are telling me that you’d get over something the whole world is still processing? You think the ones who love us ever truly leave us, and come back most clearly when we are in need of them?” Harry Potter is about selfless love and the REAL ultimte sacrifice. Anyone would join some game for their sibling, but Harry Potter died as much for Draco Malfoy as for Ron and Hermione. And also, what about Snape? Giving not only hislife, but every second of it for his true love, when she was GONE, and couldn’t offer him thanks about what he had done for her and her son? Living the life of a man who ishated when he was THE BRAVEST MAN I’D EVER KNOWN!? Harry Potter should havewon all of those awards, but they didn’t because it is asure sign theworld is turning into a violent place, where things as good and pure as HP are looked down upon. But us fans are STILL ALIVE! We follow the best celebrities out there who can actually inspire us to be better people, and other fans out there inspire us to be better people! You will never get that with another series, so I am immensely blessed to know Potter and to be one of the hugest fans of it. :)

Posted by katelyner123 on June 04, 2012, 10:55 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

@katelyner123, we are all loyal Potter fans here on Leaky, but it’s not the ONLY piece of literature in the world worth celebrating, and sometimes I think that you need to take a chill pill.

‘The Hunger Games’ is not just about ‘people being blown to bits,’ and the love triangle is a very minor part of the plot – it’s mainly shown as one of the tools that the Capitol uses to manipulate Katniss. The story has very valuable lessons to teach about serious issues that are pertinent to our modern world, such as the use of violence (including what happens when people try to use violence to fight violence); PTSD, the horrible long-term psychological effects of exposure to battlefield conditions and how we need to take better care of our returning soldiers; how mass media like reality TV can be used to dumb-down and control the masses; and where society is headed if we let the gap between the haves and the have-nots continue to widen indefinitely. It is certainly possible to be a devotee of the Potterverse but still appreciate and enjoy what other books and films have to offer.

I think that the real problem with the MTV Awards is that they have no ‘one person, one vote’ controls as far as I can tell. All they really measure is which movie has the most rabid fanbase, willing to spend their days voting for the same thing over and over. Therefore, they’re not worth getting worked up about, regardless of who wins what.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 04, 2012, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Yet again they snub the giant squid… :+/

Posted by Won_Two on June 04, 2012, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

just watched the awards on my dvr and i know i have to put in my bit or i’m going to explode. :o i love the hunger games, i really do…but i’ve loved harry longer. dan deserved the best male actor award and so did emma for the female actress…they’ve been bringing it since 2001 and it kind of sucks that they didn’t get so much as a nod for all that hard work. don’t get me wrong, i was ectastic that they got best cast award, (and best hero) but still…

seriously though, best movie…breaking dawn?! i was hoping that if hp didn’t win at least hunger games would…bridesmaids is better than breaking dawn for godric’s sake! and best kiss!!? siriusly what happened there?!

even if rupert and emma’s/ron and hermione’s kiss was built over 7 books (and eight movies) and gives us a infinitely more realistic and dynamic (and i’ll say it, overall stronger/better) relationship than robert pattinson and kristen stewart/bella and edward could ever provide on a movie screen, it was still the latter that won. unbelievable. actually, judging from past years, it’s not too unbelieveable to be honest, but this year was the one that stung the most.

it’s almost like the oscars all over again, except instead of a bunch of old guys snubbing them its tween girls. i know that the trio don’t need these awards, and they’re confident enough in their own performances to know that they were phenomenal…but when it comes down to it it’s nice to have a little recognition from them this year.

i mean, no one from the cast showed up to it, it goes to show how much faith they had in mtv…the only person who showed up was emma, and it was mostly for ’perks.

the most important thing is that every single person on that cast and crew, (and not to mention all of us fans) know the truth, and as doctor seuss says “those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ugh, just another spot-on year for the movie awards.i’m disgusted. :s

Posted by hermy007 on June 04, 2012, 02:03 PM report to moderator

I dont know if I have missed something, but I thought that this was a HARRY POTTER fan site. I am unfortunately starting to queston the loyalty of some of these “fans”. This is starting to make me doubt, and I hope that I am not the only one with these views- I hope everyone on here is loyal to Potter like I am and always will be. What is all of this craze about the Hunger Games? It is obviously another Twilight and will die out soon. Us true HP fans will never go with whatever people think is “in”, they will stay with Potter forever. There will come a time, when we all must make the choice between what is right, and what is easy.

Posted by katelyner123 on June 04, 2012, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Well, two is better than non. =/ Harry Potter should have won all of course. Twilight, well, I just dont have words for how stupid it is that that can win anything.

Posted by LunaLuver on June 04, 2012, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

two is a start,next time HP will win more ,I don’t think it was really fair that The Hunger Games was up for the same things as Harry,Hp been around for ten years and has a huge fan base and THG is new and on everyones minds !
As for the ‘T’ word ,IT IS NOT WORTH THE FILM,NOR THE PAPER THOSE (if you want to call them ) BOOKS ARE PRINTED ON!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on June 04, 2012, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

Can’t watch it :(… HP should have won more awards!

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on June 05, 2012, 02:01 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?