LeakyNews.com

Final Installment of "Prisoner of Azkaban" Now Up on Pottermore

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
July 31, 2013, 08:50 PM

The final installment of the "Prisoner of Azkaban," is now available to explore on Pottermore. There are five new entries by J. K. Rowling, including Remus Lupin's biography.

With this update, Pottermore also has several new features for users to explore. This includes a new Pottermore home page, a map, and a new side bar. You can read all about these updates and how to use them here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Raven_avatar_thumb

I guess I really do have to revisit… It has been quite a while.

Posted by Won_Two on July 31, 2013, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I don’t think I’ll even try. Despite repeated requests, nothing has been done to help physically disabled people to negotiate the site. My previous attempts to complete a task on the ‘Prisoner of Azkaban’ section seemed to exacerbate the damage to my hand, with painful consequences. I hope that my Leaky friends will keep me up to date with any new writing by JKR, and any interesting artwork.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 01, 2013, 02:33 AM report to moderator
Hogshead_thumb

I’ve been up very late tonight exploring the entirely new version of Pottermore. At first I felt disoriented and lost, but then after I finished the final chapters in Azkaban, I went back to the very first book. There are even a few new scenes and new collectibles in the first two books now. Most glitches are gone. After three hours on PM, I felt more at ease with the whole new format. I saved all the new material from JKR, and will go back to read it all soon. I’ll keep you up to date, V-J. Very sorry about the trouble. Wish PM could fix it for you! Oh, and Moglet, I was happy to collect the Magpie Badge!!

Posted by PollyC on August 01, 2013, 04:03 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@PollyC, Thank you. I’ve tried at least twice to explain the problem, and received polite but ultimately unhelpful replies – you know, the kind that end up with a hope that you’re enjoying Pottermore, when you have got in touch to explain to them why you can’t!

I simply can’t understand why they can’t just provide a code to disabled members to enable them to access the experiences on the site. It wouldn’t spoil the fun for the young and agile, but it would show that they regard us as proper people.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 01, 2013, 08:02 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Valeria-Johanna: One of the new features is that you don’t have to do the moments in order, so you can skip the tasks. Also the moments with new information from Jo are tagged as such in the moment bar so you can just visit them (though quite small so probably not good for those with poor eyesight). I don’t know if that is enough to help, but I think it is worth another look if you haven’t done so already.

Posted by roonwit on August 01, 2013, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

I love the new layout, actually :D I wasn’t bothered by the old one, but it was glitchy sometimes. Love the new moments, too!

Posted by Mad But Happy on August 01, 2013, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Logo150nobrain_thumb

Watch out, I got a message saying that a new plug in was required – which turned off my anti-virus and dumped a load of software on me that I didn’t want. Just finished cleaning up the mess and getting back to where I started.

Posted by zonkoltd on August 02, 2013, 02:41 AM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

I still haven’t join Pottermore yet lol.

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on August 02, 2013, 04:16 PM report to moderator

the actually page picture has become quite small due to all the s**** placed around it, not an improvement on that score.

Posted by kamion999 on August 03, 2013, 04:01 AM report to moderator
Enormous_lucius_thumb_thumb

It’s good that they added the ability to skip parts because I cannot get past the Gnome Toss portion of Chamber of Secrets

Posted by Rsheppard on August 07, 2013, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?