New Interview with Evanna Lynch

115

Jun 18, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

BBC News has a new interview online with actress Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), in which she gives her thoughts on the final Harry Potter book coming out, how she began reading the series in the first place and speaks a little about the upcoming Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix film. She is noted in the article as saying: “My favourite book has to be Order of the Phoenix, not because I’m in the film – but I suppose that helps! It’s the spirit of fighting back and getting ready for Voldemort that I like.”

As for the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Miss Lynch says that she will be in line just as any other fan would at the midnight release on July 21st. Quoteage:

This is my schedule – I get out of a summer course on Thursday night, go to the bookshop, start queuing, queue all day Friday with my biggest Harry Potter fan friends, then read all of Friday night, all of Saturday, and then Sunday is a mourning day.

I guess some people might recognise me in the queue, but everyone is just going to be so excited for the book that they won’t care about me.

Thanks to Wendy for the heads up!

47 Responses to New Interview with Evanna Lynch

Avatar Image says:

Whoot! She truely is a fan. I’m so glad that she was chosen. She has the right attitude about everything and all:)

Avatar Image says:

Whoops: the link leads to an error page. Or is it just a problem on my end?

yawn…

Avatar Image says:

I love Evanna Lynch! Now that girl is a TRUE Harry Potter fan!

Avatar Image says:

You guys know the link’s not working, right? I just love this girl – I’m not sure if it’s something about her or the fact that she’s just as big a fan of the series as the rest of us…but I’m so happy for her that she’s been able to have such an experience with something she loves. The more I see about her, the more excited I am to see her in the movie!

Avatar Image says:

I really like this girl which is good because I’m a huge Harry/ Luna shipper. She seems to be getting the character right. Good for her.

Avatar Image says:

That bit about people not caring about her? I wouldn’t be so sure… and I surely hope she doesn’t announce which bookstore she’ll be at. I’m glad to see she’s so normal still but she needs to remember that she’s a public figure these days and needs a certain amount of protection…

Avatar Image says:

Yay for Harry/Luna shippers. Ever since the scene where he asked her to Slughorn’s party…it was fate, I tell you. (Forget Ginny.) Evanna is so amazing. I wonder if she’ll show up at any of the Harry Potter cons this summer; Chris Rankin did a few years back, so maybe Evanna will make an appearance.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, Amy, you’re absolutely right. There are some (no pun intended) loons out there that might try to attack her or something.

Avatar Image says:

Amy, I’d say she’d be alright, in Ireland we take pride in ignoring our stars! – I’ve seen Bono loads and my flatemate spoke to him and never mentioned anything about the band or fame or whatever- she was talking to his friend about cats! You never really see famous people mobbed here…unless they’re some crappy boy band! Actually I also passed Colin Farrell last summer in my local craft shop (buying paints for him Mam- bless!) and I was seriously tempted to run after him!

Holy cannoli! All day the day before? That is some pretty serious waiting! XD

She seems like such a cool little girl!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t access the link…gives me a “page not found” message…I even searched for it on BBC and can’t find the interview. Odd.

She’s great!!

Avatar Image says:

It’s so nice to have a really dedicated Harry Potter fan in the movies!

Avatar Image says:

Still no link, here, in Canada.

Let’s wait and see.

Isn’t life cruel?

Avatar Image says:

No link here, either. I’d really like to read her interview. She seems like such a sweet and down to earth kind of girl. I’m really glad she’s such a huge fan, I don’t really hear about too many of the actors in HP talking about how they love the books or are fans of the books.

Avatar Image says:

Uk….no link here either. But she seems perfect for the role, and I’m looking forward to seeing her in the movies even more so now

Avatar Image says:

I can’t get the link to work either and I can’t seem to find the itnerview while searching on BBC.

Avatar Image says:

Good so I’m not the only one it’s not working for.

Avatar Image says:

lynn, are you determined to say something bad about every thing mentoned on here? Just wondering…

Avatar Image says:

I like Luna. She is witout malice. As for the actrice, she seems to espouse the character effortlessly.

Only a few weeks and we will be under the charm.

Sometimes, life is sweet.

Avatar Image says:

The link doesn’t appear to be working… too bad, cuz I love Luna.

Avatar Image says:

Aww shes great! Has anyone in the UK recieved tickets to the London bool release yet?

Avatar Image says:

We’re working on the link, guys. :)

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if they took down that page. I can’t find it on BBC. OH WELL, I like that she’s a fan first. OH man, I can’t wait to see more of her.

Avatar Image says:

I hope I won….would be an awesome present for me

crosses fingers….though if i havent got the mail by now, im doubting i won, which is a shame :(

Avatar Image says:

This is a test to see if comments posted on Leaky’s main site show up on Leaky’s text-only site.

Nope, they don’t.

Avatar Image says:

They took it down for some reason… I wonder why. Maybe theyre having technical problems.

Avatar Image says:

Um… the link to BBC doesn’t work. :( Ah man, I wanted to hear what one of the luckiest fans had to say about ALL of the news lately. ;)

Avatar Image says:

I really hope that she doesn’t get bothered too much. How annoying would that be? To be so extremely excited about the book and be waiting there and then have all of these people come and ask for autographs and all of that. I hope she’s right that everyone will just be too excited by the book to care.

Avatar Image says:

I love Evanna! She totally is a fan. I love the fact that she said everyone would be so into the books they wouldn’t care about her! She’s modest too. I can’t wait to see her on screen!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I love luna i hope she does the quidditch match in the HBP the movie i loved it in the book and she is an awesome fan

Avatar Image says:

Was reading a book this weekend that said that radishes can be used for protection. I wonder if Luna’s radish earrings will be protective in some way?

Avatar Image says:

Could someone please fix the link. I’d like to know what else she has to say. Sounds interesting!

Avatar Image says:

Guys—Edward already said they’re working on the link. Have some patience, ok?

Avatar Image says:

The description of the quidich match by Luna was one of the most hilarious moment of that book. Unfortunately, it is not to be seen, as there are no quidich games in the film. Yet, one can always reread the book and imagine the scene. I know I did. What a laugh.

Avatar Image says:

Gotta love Evana! She’s so awsome. OotP is my favorite book as well, and I think she’d understand why perfectly (although Luna being introduced in it IS one of many good reasons for loving OotP).

Avatar Image says:

This link does not work!

The link doesn’t work!! :(

The link is not working! I wanna read! :’(

Avatar Image says:

For people who can not see the link.

The website is:

Avatar Image says:

If this does not work then do the following.

1) Go to www.bbc.com 2) Click on news 3) Then click on entertainment on the left side 4) Click on the dan and bonnie picture

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the link to the article Victoria, but that’s not the same one they were trying to link to in this post. The one that should have been linked here was with Evanna only, or so the post on the site said. For some reason it has been taken down though.

Avatar Image says:

I think they have at least some of the same contents – I suspect they decided to merge the Luna one into the combined interview rather than having it separate.

Avatar Image says:

I HATE EVANNA LYNCH not because im “jealous” or whatever but because she doesnt look like luna at all. nor does she sound like her. it was really disappointing to find out she was playing the role of luna, and luna is supposed to have BIG eyes, evannas eyes arent nearly as protuberent as they are described in the book. and i have seen people comment about how she is pretty and stuff…u have to be kidding me, this chick is far from pretty, she looks like malfoy with long hair….and malfoys A BOY. she better be a really good actress because if not then she will just completely SUCK!

Avatar Image says:

Perhaps it was taken down because Evanna might have let slip on something about the film that shouldnt have been said. I cant imagine what that could possibly be though. Alternatively, she was saying she will queue up for midnight book release and so may cause concern for her safety if anyone knows where she will be. Just thinking of possibilities because it is quite clear that the link is not broken. The article has been deliberately removed. I am sure of this because if you do a search for Evanna Lynch on the BBC website – the article does not appear. Shame because I too like to read what she says as a Potter fan in a movie potter world and as a bonus she has such a pure and endearing heart and is quite a clever girl – her parents must be very proud.

Write a Reply or Comment