Will Voldemort Be Defeated?

112

Jun 26, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Will Voldemort be defeated? This is what Scholastic is asking in week six of their series of questions leading up to the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The US publishers have also updated their Harry Potter site with a new poster of Half-Blood Prince, as well as a bookmark of the latest question. Be sure to vote for your answer to the question regarding Voldemort, here.

19 Responses to Will Voldemort Be Defeated?

Avatar Image says:

Of course he’ll be defeated!

Avatar Image says:

Totally! How many more questions are there?

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, that was a dumb question to end on.

Avatar Image says:

Laura- they’re not ending on that one…

Okay I’ve just caught up with some of the past questions- I think the question about who will end up with whom is a bit silly, why can you only choose one? And why, on Earth, is Harry & Hermione in the lead!? Why do people still think they’re going to get together?

Avatar Image says:

Voldemort will be defeated of course, Harry will kick his snake-like ass!

Becca, maybe it’s not what they think that will happen, just what they would like to happen, everyone is free to wish whatever they want. :)

Although, I’m a total Harry&Ginny shipper!!!!

Avatar Image says:

“I think the question about who will end up with whom is a bit silly, why can you only choose one?”

There is one terrible answer to your criticism. What if death keeps some of those obvious ships (enough with Harry Hermione) from making it. That could point to a lot of sadness. What if Lupin and Harry die, that would only leave Ron and Hermione as a viable possibility. Hopefully, it’s just a badly worded question.

Avatar Image says:

“Will Voldemort be defeated?” Well…DUH!! Of course he will.

When I first heard that there would be these questions on Scholastic’s web site, I thought that the questions in and of themselves might be a bit illuminating. But after seeing these questions, it seems clear to me that the writers of the questions are not the editors who have read the final book…and then there’s the fact that with the questions being on Scholastic’s site, they are geared toward a rather young target audience.

Anyone want to hazard a guess on what last question will be?

Avatar Image says:

Of course Voldemort’s going to be defeated, it’s the only possible outcome (that makes sense).

Avatar Image says: I think it’s a big DUH that Voldemort will be defeated, but imo it is an open and interesting question as to whether he will die. I definitely don’t think Harry will kill him (Harry won’t deliberately kill anyone—although Harry will render LV mortal by destroying the horcruxes), and I think it is VERY possible that LV will suffer a “fate worse than death” by becoming mortal AND losing his powers (like his mother did). I actually think that would be a great ending.
I was also worried about the “couple” question-one wonders whether or not the people writing the questions know the answers-if they do, is it possible that there IS only one right answer, and death knocks the other possible couples out of the running? Yikes!
Avatar Image says:

I think that for Voldemort to live and loose his powers would not be enough. That would leave it open for him to someday get his powers back or to influence others. I believe that Harry MUST kill Voldemort (who by the way has become less and less human and is the embodiment of evil) and that the killing of Voldemort would be totally justified. Now, for Voldemort to die and then face some torture in his death…that would be a fate worse than (and including) death.

Avatar Image says:

I think that LV will be defeated, but not by Harry. Harry and LV will have a confortation and LV will loose his power. But I think that one of LV’s Death Eaters will be his demise. Maybe Snape.

Avatar Image says:

If he isn’t, I’ll be expecting a refund of approximately 250 dollars, as well as the last 7 years of my life back.

Avatar Image says:

One of the four options is “There will be a truce”...which is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard. After 7 books, Voldemort isn’t likely to say, “Okay I’ve killed enough people now I guess I’ll try and be a nice guy the rest of my life.” I mean…of course he will die…or if not death, then he will meet a fate that’s worse than death, maybe the dementors can suck his soul out. However, looking at the Truce option, I am actually wondering whether these guys have actually read the books :S

Avatar Image says:

There isn’t a new poster (at least I don’t see one when I click the link). I clicked on the link and it only shows posters for books 1-6.

Avatar Image says:

What a curious question!!! It is almost as if they knew something we don’t know…

Avatar Image says:

i prefer reading the story first then i will see

Avatar Image says:

These questions from Scholastic have been downright annoying. Voldemort is going to be defeated. I hope he dies also, but the point is, he’s going to be defeated. How great would the series be if it ended with evil triumphing over good? Come on.

Avatar Image says:

Will Voldemort be defeated? Well….DER!!! Of course he will! The only question is how and by whom? I think there’s a strong possibility that Neville will do the job. Consider the irony of it…the clumsy, forgetful kid who didn’t seem at all powerful ends up doing old Voldemort in. Pretty cool way to end it!

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: He will be utterly destroyed!

Write a Reply or Comment