Dan, Rupert and Emma Go Unscripted

344

Jul 13, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

In a switch up from the standard interview format, where the interviewer would be asking Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) the questions, the Trio gets the opportunity to ask one and other the questions in a new video available on AOL Movies. In this interview, fans had the opportunity to write in questions they would want to ask the Trio and the actors would direct those questions to each other, as well as a few of their own. In the interview they discuss some of the most outrageous rumors they’ve heard, Rupert and Emma talk about Ron and Hermione in the final book and Dan recalls one of his most extreme moments with a fan. This very funny video also features a few clips from the film and a number of great moments with the Trio.

Thanks to TLC reader Christina and Andie for the heads up!

60 Responses to Dan, Rupert and Emma Go Unscripted

Avatar Image says:

oooh that sounds interesting! I can’t wait to see it! :D I wonder what they wanna ask each other?

Avatar Image says:

That was a lot of fun to watch. It was just like being able to sit down with the trio and talk with them. You could really see the special bond these three have. Plus it’s a welcome change from the usual interview. This was much more fun.

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha, wow, that was really funny. It’s a great idea to have them ask each other the questions, because it makes the interview go so much smoother and it makes for some funny moments.

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha, I knew I loved these guys! very fun to watch, and you definitely learn about some new stories to tell people about them. If my friends didn’t think I stalked the actors enough, now I’ve got more stories!

Oh, and how could Dan no know the difference between Sebastian and Flounder in “The Little Mermaid?” Emma needs to make him watch that again!

Avatar Image says:

that was a great one! i loved the crazy fan story.

btw dan… sebastian doesnt equal flounder…

XD… it was awesome tho!!!!

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

Wow something has surpassed ‘the towel girl’...

that was really funny. I’ll have to tell my friend about this. SHe won’t be able to stop laughing.

BTW Dan… WI stands for Wisconsin.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, that was a really good interview, I watched it a while ago, they were all really cute and funny together, lol.

Oh dear! That spider part, they sounded really like Ron and hermy in the books! Ron was all serious about it, and hermy was all giggles, Ron was saying “it’s not funny”, Rupert said “it’s serious” through his smiling gritted teeth and seemed like he was telling her with his eyes I’ll throw something at you if you don’t stop laughing, lol.

It’s scary how sometimes they act so much like their book characters!!!!

I also loved when Rupert said maybe one of us will die. LOL. That was hilarious especially when Emma got offended. LOL. I laughed out at this part, Rupert had no idea what implications his words could imply, LOL! I love it when he does that, when he says things without having any idea how hilarious he sounded :D

And LOL at Dan, he looks all wicked whenever the R/Hr kiss thing is mentioned! LOL! For some reason, he reminds me of Fred & George the way he was looking at Rupert and Emma, like he was gonna start rubbing his hands together getting ready to watch the show or something, lol, for some reason, this R/Hr stuff seem to amuse him immensely, lol, it’s one of the rare times I actually found him cute, lol :D

This interview + the clips from the Hand/Foot/Wand Ceremony, really show why those 3 have such a fantastic chemistry together :) They have this real siblings/family atmosphere, which is just really enjoyable to watch :)

Avatar Image says:

ATTENTION EMMA FANS!!! Emma will be in Late Night with Conan Obrien in one hour! at 12:37 am eastern time! which is I guess in 56 minutes where I live!!!

Avatar Image says:

That was one of the best interviews I have seen. I usually don’t watch the interviewsbecause after awhile they all sound the same, but this was really funny. They do seem to be great friends.

Avatar Image says:

This was really well done and relaxed. Sometimes this kind of thing can be stilted or forced, but you really get the feeling watching them that they not only enjoyed doing this but enjoy being together. I have to say that I am so impressed with the trio, after five films none of them have fallen anywhere near the public embarrassment of other(mostly American)child actors. They all seem well grounded and still a bit amused by the “fame aspect” that being in the films has brought them. They are more professional than some adult actors I could name too.

Avatar Image says:

I was quite pleased by this interview. It showed how close they were as friends. yay for friendship (LOL, weird moment)

Avatar Image says:

I found myself giggeling along with them. That was so much better then the typical interview. You get to see their real life freindships with out script. They seem to be quite giggely around one another, it’s very brother and sister. Rupert, Im the same way about spiders, I hate to kill anything but put a spider within ten feet of me, my shoe comes down hard and swift! shudders! OMG, “Id rather die then kiss you.” Poor Emma, lol!

Avatar Image says:

That was really good, I liked Dans story of when Rupert saw a spider and he jumped up on a chair.

The best quote from it is when Emma and Rupert are discussing how it would be wierd for them to have a kissing scene with each other and than Rup is like “Well maybe one of us will die”. Rupert you are flipping hilarious.

Another funny thing was how they didnt know what the state abreviations ment.

Avatar Image says:

I saw this originally a couple of days ago. I loved how giggly they all were, they couldn’t stop laughing! I am sure that happens a lot on set and they have trouble getting through their scenes, lol! All their stories were great and don’t worry Rupert I am just as petrified of spiders as you are! And the ending was the funniest part about Rupert and Emma possibly having to kiss in movie 7, that was hilarious! The whole thing was so funny!

Avatar Image says:

that was hilarious, one of the most funniest things i’ve seen in forever, im still cracking up

Avatar Image says:

Wow this was funny. It’s so cute how Emma didn’t know what the state abreviations were for xD. So awesome unscripted.

Ah DH is coming out in seven days…...

Avatar Image says:

Ahhhh, I loved this. I adore seeing actors out of character and relating to one another. They seemed like true friends, which I’m sure they are, and I especially liked the questions they came up with themselves. Very cool.

Avatar Image says:

that was great. i wish they could do more interviews like that. if it is tiresome for us to hear the same old questions asked think about how it must be for them. it would be great if they did a whole hour interview of each other. and i am sorry but i just think rupert is adorable. that was frickin’ hilarious. “maybe one of us will die”. still laughing out loud about that.

Avatar Image says:

The bit about the spiders was priceless. The whole interview was really good, I actually quite liked that they asked each other questions.

Avatar Image says:

sounds like fun but would love a transcript as its not viewable from the uk where i live :-((

Avatar Image says:

This was really, really good. It’s a shame more interviews can’t be done this way. I really enjoy how at ease they are with themselves and their parts. I think that might be the most emotion I’ve ever seen Rupert show during an interview. Well done.

Avatar Image says:

You can whatch this on Mac! Can somebody U tube it or put it into another format it looks so coool i wanna see it!!!!

YouTube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=T3RyvtKphVw

And for those who want to watch it at the AOL site but have the “not available in your area” message, you can watch it by doing the fllowing:

Go to “Control Panel” Then to “Regional and Language Options” At the bottom of the window, there’s “Location”, change it from your country to the US. Click OK.

Then, in the task bar, double click on the time Go to the 2nd tab “Time Zone” And choose any US time zone instead of yours. Click OK.

If it doesn’t work right away, try restarting your PC

And make sure you’re watching it on IE, not any other browser.

Hope this helps :)

Avatar Image says:

emma looks lovley in that video. lol did she call Rupert Rups? brilliant.

Avatar Image says:

So funny! And thanks a million to Cinderella for instructions on how to watch it even though it’s “not available in your area”. :)

Avatar Image says:

i remember when i was going to school in the UK and i also had no idea that in america, they abbreviated their states with two letters… so i completely understood it when emma didn’t know what the letters were.

great interview overall… very entertaining and interesting. one of the best i’ve seen involving the trio.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks a million Cinderella, I was gutted what I couldnt see it.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the links and instructions guys…between not showing clips outside the US and not showing them on a Mac….AOL really should write their own version of how to win friends and influence people.

And before anyone comments on AOL being an America Online…..AOL also try to push their internet services in Europe, have Euro call centres here etc.

Avatar Image says:

PLEASE PUT THIS ON LEAKY I CANT SEE IT!

Avatar Image says:

The F*ing bastards say “the video is not currently available in your area”. WTF? Internet’s supposed not to have frontiers! Can someone “who is in the right area” upload this video where anyone can see it? Death to AOL.

Avatar Image says:

when I clicked on the link I got “This clip is unavailable in your area”, any chance it’ll be added to the video gallery?

That was pretty cool.

Thanks Cinderella!!

I can see it on you tube now … very annoying that we can’t see it from the UK…hmph…

Avatar Image says:

ya. cant see it in asia either.

thanks cinderella for that link on youtube!

they were really great, and cant you feel that sudden tension on that last question? hehehe. puts emma and rupert on the spot!

Avatar Image says:

ZOMG I’m dead XD !!! I could not stop laughing – the whole “Where’s ‘WI’? Women’s Institute?”... and Rupert’s whole “I’d rather die than kiss Emma…” too funny!

Avatar Image says:

Sebastian isn’t the fish, Flounder is!! Obviously! Sebastian is the rastafarian lobster XD

Great interview =)

Avatar Image says:

This was great, they have such a good chemistry. I loved Dan’s face while he was saying when they film the kiss he will be there, like Cinderella said it remmebered me the way Fread and George’s reaction would be. xD But he was really nice telling them that they shouldn’t worry, that it wil be fine. :) It was cute how he knew Emma would choose the mermaid. And it’s good he doesn’t know who Sebastian was, it means he doesn’t waste his time watching many Disneys movies. I wish we would see more interviews like this one, they all seemed much more relaxed.

Avatar Image says:

THANKS Leaky! This video is HILARIOUS!

My favorite Part #1: Dan’s story about the girl fan who pulled up in a car along side Dan’s car and then tried to climb out of the window of her car and in through the window of Dan’s car WITHOUT TOUCHING THE GROUND.

My favorite Part #2: Emma and Rupert talking about possible Ron and Hermione kiss in Deathly Hallows. Rupert says ”...but one of us may die.” Emma’s response is HYSTERICAL!

VERY FUNNY Interview!!!

Avatar Image says:

That was absolutely brillant! I couldn’t stop laughing. It is wonderful to see how close they are. They didn’t seem uncomfortable at all. The best though was that they didn’t know that the letters were the abbreviations for the states. Erm, that would be California and Wisconsin ya’ll! :-D

Avatar Image says:

You’re welcome everyone :)

Avatar Image says:

Dan leaves me in complete awe. I utterly love him and am startled by him. LOL. He’s perfect! This is one of the sweetest interviews I’ve seen of the trio.

Avatar Image says:

lol. Loved it. It really made my day. I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for Rupert and Ron and the interview just made it even more cusiony. I get a kick out of the kissy thing. I kind of got the impression that neither wanted to say that it wouldn’t be that bad!! I betcha they’ll like it. Hee hee.

Avatar Image says:

i think after 6yrs of filming together they will definately be all close and comfy with each other. its obvious. but i think i like the fact about rupert being all calm and collected wen his charachter is completely different.and the instance of his jumping up in a chair wid reference to tom and jerry is hilarious! dat was really funny. but hey i wanna know bout the towel girl and thanks to the person u sent the link for YOU Tube. thanks a lot!!

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha that was hilarious! I loved hearing about the new crazy fan.

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah, this is also the best interview I’ve seen yet because its funny and the same questions they always ask aren’t repeated.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so disapointed that Dan didn’t know WI stood for Wisconsin. He doesn’t know my state!

Thanks for the tips!

Avatar Image says:

That was a really good interview. I laughed, really hard. It was funny to see them together. I liked it, actually, and I hope they do more like this.

Avatar Image says:

I liked the part when they were talking about ron and hermione getting together, and how it would be weird kissing each other. I couldn’t stop laughing when he said “maybe one of us will die” and emma got all offended. That was pretty funny. Also the part about the little mermaid and ruperts fear of spiders.

Avatar Image says:

This was great to watch. I am so impressed by how well they get on together and how normal and grounded they are. BTW, to those who are surpised that they don’t know the state abbreviations, do you know where Surry, Oxfordshire, and Chelsea are? They know as little about this country as we Americans know about theirs. We expect them to be worldly, but they are British through and through. Rather pleasant I think.

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely love this interview. I’d love it if they had more of these, actually, I’m off to search for some. The stories from on set and Dan’s car adventure in NY were great. :D

Avatar Image says:

By the way, when Dan threw in the “Women’s Institution” bit, I cracked up. Lovely.

Avatar Image says:

This clip is not available to people outside the States, like me… Can anybody upload it on TLC?

Avatar Image says:

they definately should have wrote out the state names for them instead of just using the abreviations. Loved that interview!

Avatar Image says:

Can somebody post a transscript? This seems like a very funny interview.

Avatar Image says:

I love these kids. This was a wonderful interview, their personalities really shine. I’ll have to go see the movie again – they’ve convinced me – maybe I’ll enjoy it more the second time, maybe it just takes 2 viewings. They are fabulous no matter what the editing has done.

Avatar Image says:

Will this be uploaded to the Leaky Video Galleries/YouTube? It’s not available in my area. :(

Avatar Image says:

thanx Cinderella 4 the link at utube, otherwise it’d have been impossible 2 watch! amazing video!! one of the best!!

Avatar Image says:

Great interview. All three of them looked perfectly at ease with themselves and each other. It seems that they’re shouldering the burden of fame spectacularly.

Emma looked absolutely beautiful. I think she’ll have a great future in acting.

(Oh, and don’t take me for a perv over that last remark. I’m young myself, and both Emma and I are Brits above the age of consent).

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know about everyone else but I am really enjoying the interviews that all three are doing this time around. You can defintely see that they are good friends. When Goblet of Fire came out Rupert seemed very sullen – maybe still in character – but it seemed like it was all Dan & Emma with Rupert in the back. This time all three are out front and seem to be having a wonderful time!

Write a Reply or Comment