Harry Potter Place Party, “Deathly Hallows” Reading Reminder and More

112

Jul 16, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As we are in the final week before the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, we have a few reminders of events happening the night before the release of the book at midnight.

Last month we told you Scholastic would be holding a Harry Potter Place street party in New York City on Friday, July 20. The details of this event include a press conference which will be held that morning at 8am where the editor of the US editions of the books, Arthur Levine, artist Mary GrandPre, and Scholastic President and CEO Dick Robinson will all take part, and they will unveil the first author-signed U.S. edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Also the Harry Potter Place street party starts later that night at 5pm on Mercer Street in Soho (between Prince and Spring Streets) with the entrance on Prince and Mercer. The Knight Bus will be there, along with games and entertainment. For more information on this free and open to the public party, click here.

The big event is of course the release of the book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. As readers well know, author J.K. Rowling will be reading from the book at midnight at a very special event in London, England. You will be able to watch a live broadcast of this reading on the net via www.bloomsbury.com at 12.01am BST on Saturday 21st July 2007. Our favorite author will also be signing copies of “Deathly Hallows” for 1,700 very lucky Harry Potter fans at the Natural History Museum in London. TLC will have complete coverage of this event and have reports from this sure to be amazing gathering in the UK, so stay tuned!

For the rest of us who will not be in London, there are many many fun Harry Potter midnight release parties planned world wide for the night of the release. To find one in your area, be sure to check out our Harry Potter Party resource, www.potterparties.com where we have a full listing of “Deathly Hallows” release parties, costume, decorations and recipe tips as well.

Finally as a reminder, our own podcast, PotterCast, will be appearing live at a release party The Party That Shall Not Be Named sponsored by Anderson’s Book shop in Naperville, Illinois, and if possible we would love to see you there! Hang tight everyone -only a few days to go to the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

18 Responses to Harry Potter Place Party, “Deathly Hallows” Reading Reminder and More

Avatar Image says:

Do we have any more information on what particular piece from Book 7 JKR is going to read? I am not sure I want to listen if she is reading something other than the first chapter. She has to be reading from the first chapter, right?

Avatar Image says:

I’ll be listening- barring the traffic the site will generate.

Avatar Image says:

Third?! Can’t wait for Deathly Hallows!!!!!!!! I will be listening to that PotterCast.Only 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I was visiting with an I-tunes representative who said that DH will be available for download Saturday.

Avatar Image says:

I wonder, what time will be on ET to watch the JK for 12:01 AM BST? I need to know what time our USA ET time? Let me know.

Thank

Avatar Image says:

Im a well of emotion today. My father died on Saturday from complications with diabetis and to top it off if Harry dies in DH Im going to be a puddle of sad for a month!

Avatar Image says:

I hope Bloomsbury site will be able to handle all the traffic. I’ll be one of the many many fans listening Jo. :) Do you think she will read the beginning of the book?

Also, if there is someone here from Spain who could tell me if they know about a midnight party or book store that will have the book before Saturday morning…

Avatar Image says:

AH What I’d kill to go to London to Friday nightand hear my hero read from the most sacred object I have ever come to realize!!

Avatar Image says:

Is that UK time? I want to watch so I wonder will it be on at 4pm pst. This so exciting! 4 days!!!!

Avatar Image says:

oh, it’ll be great. I hope that I’ll listen JKR. I can’t wait :)

I think the times run

London: 12:01 bst New York: 7:01 edt Chicago: 6:01 cdt Denver: 5:01 mdt LosAngeles: 4:01 pdt

Wow, Kerri.

I’m sorry for your loss … the loss of an imaginary character would surely pale in comparison. What a terrible thing to have happened.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so excited! I live in Naperville, IL and I’m overjoyed that PotterCast chose to be at The Party That Shall Not Be Named out of all the other parties in the world!!! THANKS A MILLION Leaky Cauldron! I’ll definitely be there to see & support you!

Avatar Image says:

To kerri, I’m truly sorry about your father, this must be ahorrible time for you. I don’t know if it helps, but do hope that the book can at least put a small smile on your face.

Avatar Image says:

quick question…if i ordered from Barnes and Nobles site with the 2-3 day delivery option, but it said under a picture of the book that if you order now you will recieve on the 21st, will i be getting it the 21st, or 2-3 days after?

Avatar Image says:

wait a minute…so will everyone still be able to watch the webcast of her read even if they aren’t in london?

Avatar Image says:

I’m with Kris … I’m not sure I want to hear anything other than the beginning of DH, even if it’s read by JK herself!

Avatar Image says:

Kerri, I’m terribly sorry about your dad. Stay strong =)

Also, all of you need not worry. Jo will probably read from somewhere in the middle or somewhere where there are no important plot points. Even with HBP she never gave anything away. This is Jo, we’re talking about. She knows how to preserve the moment.

Write a Reply or Comment