Confirmed: “Order of the Phoenix” DVD Due November 12

217

Sep 17, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Warner Brothers UK has now issued a press release confirming the November 12 release date for the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD. While we do not yet have the press release for the US release date, and there had been reports of a December 12 release date in the US, we are awaiting confirmation on this, and will update once that is confirmed

The press release confirms the earlier reports of the long awaited “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD on a two-disc standard set, as well as the availability of the fifth Harry Potter film on HD and BluRay disc formats. It also confirms again the extras to be found on the OotP DVD as follows:

DVD Extras

The Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix double Disc DVD will thrill audiences with a vast array of exhilarating bonus features ’ here’s the content detail in full:

DISC 1: Feature film

DISC 2: Exciting Additional Scenes (15 mins)

· Trailing Tonks (19.21 mins)

· Harry Potter: The Magic of Editing (32 mins)

· The Hidden Secrets of Harry Potter (44 mins)

· ROM (includes timeline and a “link” to a sneak peak of HP6)

· Auto trailers on the bonus disc include the Hogwarts DVD, Harry Potter EA Game and Lego Batman Game.

As reported earlier, there will be a cool limited edition 10 Disc Trunk Gift Set, that will contain over 3 hours of behind the scenes footage. The prices for the various box sets which will also be available on November 12 (listed below in UK Pounds) will likely match those set for the US.

Harry Potter Movies 1-5 DVD Box Set will also be available on 12th November 2007 priced £39.99 RRP

Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition Trunk 10 Disc DVD Box Set will also be available on 12th November 2007 priced £69.99 RRP

Harry Potter Interactive DVD Game: Hogwarts Challenge will also be available on 12th November 2007 priced £19.99 RRP

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will also be available on single disc DVD.

The special interactive game is described as:

Choose your house and hone your spell-casting and Quidditch skills with challenges inspired by Harry’s time at Hogwarts. Master the tasks, collect the most points for your house and win Quidditch World Cup tickets. Are you ready? Daunting tasks and challenges await, involving moving staircases, the Whooping Willow, wizard duels and much more.

With the option to compete with up to three other players, and with adjustable levels of difficulty for each individual, fans of all ages and expertise can share the fun, making Hogwarts Challenge the perfect reason for the family to gather round the television this Christmas.

Thanks much Ryan!

34 Responses to Confirmed: “Order of the Phoenix” DVD Due November 12

Avatar Image says:

Boy, they’ve been all over the map with this release date. First it was November, then we heard December 11 and now it’s back to November again. Well, whatever. At least it’s coming out fairly quickly. Looking forward to this one….it will bear repeated viewings.

Avatar Image says:

I think whoever said December 11th was confused. In Britain November 12th is 12/11. If an american reads 12/11, they’d read it as December 11th.

Avatar Image says:

Completly agree Sam-12/11 confused a lot of people! Pleasure Sue-i have cover art confirmed in that press release I am about to email you to add in! Its the same one we have seen though!

Avatar Image says:

After all the confusion that has happened lately about release dates, I’m glad that we have finally one confirmed. And hopefully the American DVD’s come out on the same day.

Avatar Image says:

ohmigosh i can’t wait for it to come out… i agree w/ the whole 12/11 thing but at least it’s coming out soon

Avatar Image says:

and on a side note, HBP Filming officially began today!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I honestly never have complained about what the dvds look like, but seriously, this dvd cover is atrocious. why oh why couldn’t they have used the black poster that has all of six of them with harry in the middle? that picture is so cool. this is just three random pictures photoshopped together. barf.

Avatar Image says:

More proof that Amreicans need to make fewer mistakes:)

And Bill, WooT!!! I was completly freaking out earlier and obsessing with one of my friends. But the I noticed that filming will only start one more time…so then I got sad. At least I now have this earlier date to make me happy!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Hope we find out soon when it’ll be released in the States. It definitely won’t be November 12th coz that’s a Monday.

Avatar Image says:

“reports of a December 12 release date in the US, we are awaiting confirmation on this, and will update once that is confirmed”

Thank you, very much. What I’ve been pointing out from the beginning.

Avatar Image says:

Hey, Shoshana—AMERICANS need to make fewer mistakes. Check your spelling. (And where are YOU from?)

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool but i thought there was only 10 minutes of deleted scenes according to the other sites.

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know if the Limited Edition Trunk set will be HD or BluRay or just Standard DVD?

Avatar Image says:

I am glad we have confirmation on the UK release date, now hopefully we’ll have it for the US soon. I also believe that the 12/11, 11/12 thing is probably the cause for the confusion in the dates. I am also excited because HBP begins filming today and it’s my birthday. What a lovely present!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Shoshana – yes, it’ll start for only one more time, but enjoy the ride, right?

Avatar Image says:

Excellent to hear I don’t have to wait an extra month. Although I hate how they’re leaving out most of the parts that were cut out. I bet we’ll be forced to by more dvds in 5 years with more deleted scenes. :(

Avatar Image says:

This is frustrating. Why can’t they confirm the date for the North American release of Order? I don’t like how the WB has handled this and wish that they would release a North American date sometime soon, which I hope they will soon.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with the 12/11 11/12 theory. Everyone in the US knows the biggest shopping day of the year is Black Friday which is the day after thanksgiving (11/23 this year). If WB is smart, and we know they look for the money making opportunities, the DVD will most likely be out before the 23rd. US DVD always release on Tuesdays so my guess is that it will be released on the 13th or 20th to take advantage of Black Friday the best sale day of the year!

Avatar Image says:

OMG I CAN’T WAIT. THAT IS ONLY 3 DAYS AFTER MY BIRTHDAY! I WANT THE VIDEO FOR MY BIRTHDAY AND NOTHING MORE BUT HARRY POTTER STUFF! I LOVE HARRY POTTER!

Avatar Image says:

Only additional scenes, tonks feature, hidden secrets and magic of editing. That is just pathetic. And there is no making of the movie as well and conversation with the trio is also gone from this release. This is just a huge slap in the face when you think about the excelent release for GOF

Anyone else feel like we are being totally ripped of here?

Avatar Image says:

While I’m glad the date is back to November, I’m very disappointed with the extras. Why not have a commentaries with the art team, David Yates and Goldenberg, and Dan Emma and Rupert? Why not show how and why changes were made to the screenplay when it was first devolping and how it finally became the finished product. How about building the Ministry of Magic, location shooting, pre-production, costumes, concept art, post-production, sound mixing, music, ADR (automatic dialouge replacement), special effects, stories about filming, embaressing moments, and so much more. You spent two years making this movie and you can only provide a few minutes of “making of”. And really, must the DVD really have a special feature that isn’t even about OotP, but the first four movies (and it was on TV). Not to mention the cover art is by far the worst. But, oh well, at least the actual movie was probably my favorite behind GoF and it will be good to have another movie on my shelf.

Avatar Image says:

I think Im most excited to see the Tonks trailers. I really love her character and wish they’d done more in OotP with her. Is she in HBP? I know David Thewelis is coming back. Hopefully they’ll keep in the romace line of it. I highly doubt it though.

Avatar Image says:

Damn that is not many features for such a big movie franchise. Very disappointing:-(

Avatar Image says:

Will, your a bit negative. I agree that there is a lack of real beahind the scenes magic, like my favorite, Bloopers and mess up’s, but c’mon, lighten up and enjoy what you get. Mabey after the final movie, DH’s, we’ll get one DVD that will have a ton of footage from over the years. That’d be great!

Avatar Image says:

I hope you’re right about the 12/11 11/12 confusion; one month between UK and US releases seems a bit odd to me.

I too would love to hear some commentaries for these films, but they’re making them so fast that I don’t think they have time to do that. Alas.

Avatar Image says:

I hope we don’t have to wait that long to get it here! that would be torture!!!

Avatar Image says:

Why are there not so many special features anymore. Goblet of Fire DVD was packed. But this is really a big letdown. I am very disappointed by this release i will also miss the delightful chat with the trio that was on POA and GOF. But is nowhere to be seen here:-(

Avatar Image says:

Hah, they must be saving all the good making-of material for future extended editions. That’s my guess. OOTP was such a massive film, I can’t see any other reason for the lack of features on this DVD.

yay =]

Avatar Image says:

Yea, that’s right, UK and US release dates… forget about the rest of the planet!

What about release dates for a few other places, like Oz!

If its anything like the first announced date for the release of the actual film (WB originally planned to release OotP in Australia in September!), then we’ll probably get the DVD down here in time for Xmas… 2008!!!

Avatar Image says:

What is the Whooping Willow?

Avatar Image says:

The special features is not very good. Doesn’t seem to be much:o(

Avatar Image says:

I’m so glad its been officially announced that its coming out in november and not december!!!!! i wouldn’t be able to wait that long!!!!! lol! :)

AHHH!! november 12th is my birthday =D