Wizards to Wrock the House at Terminus

Oct 01, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Get ready to wrock and roll, wizard style, as Terminus has announced a very cool musical event to kick off their Harry Potter conference next summer. Wrock Chicago, an all day wizarding rock concert, will feature 25 groups in this special event to be held on August 6, 2008. Taking place the day before the official Terminus conference is set to begin, this wizarding extravaganza will feature headline groups such Harry and the Potters, Draco and the Malfoys, The Remus Lupins, The Whomping Willows, and The Switchblade Kittens, along with many other popular wizard rock groups such as Catchlove, The Moaning Myrtles, The Mudbloods, The Parselmouths, Ginny and the Heartbreakers and many more.

This event will take place at the Chicago Hilton hotel and will feature several stage areas where the groups will be performing. Tickets to this event are currently available to Terminus attendees at the cost of $20.00 for the entire day and provides access to all the stages. Please note that any remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public next spring, and will perhaps also be available at the door on August 6 should any tickets remain. To purchase tickets and for more information about this event including a full list of all the groups due to play at the event, please click here. Terminus2008 will be held in Chicago, Illinois August 7-11, 2008.

22 Responses to Wizards to Wrock the House at Terminus

WOOOOOOOOO FIRST!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I can’t wait. I love all the bands that are going, except I’ve never heard of the Switchblade Kittens before…I guess I’m behind the times :)

Avatar Image says:

Ah I can’t wait! I need to start saving up my money for this spectacular event!

Avatar Image says:

Whoa, portus does like three small bands and terminus does TWENTY FIVE including all the big ones? crazy. i know which one i’m going to now.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t waite for this i’m so ganna be there!!! dose anyone know if podcast did a commentary for any of the HP movies??? THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been reading about this all day today! (ok not all day just in between classes of course ;)) Every wrock band that is on my friends list on MySpace has this posted as a bulletin and it seems like EVERYONE is beyond excited! And why shouldn’t they be? I must go to Terminus now without a doubt! I hope I see so many of you there!!!

Avatar Image says:

Hmm…seems I might be planning a trip to Chicago this summer… Awesome news!

Avatar Image says:

Words cannot express how excited I am about this.

Oh. My. God.

speaking of luna..

how come Luna and the Lovegoods don’t go to any of these events… they’re really good (i’ve only heard a few of their songs, but they’re AWESOME)

Avatar Image says:

I’ll never understand why people like wizard rock…

Avatar Image says:

Wizard Rock is fun. I think that’s why people like it. I, for one, respect the creativity of the musicians, through their lyrics AND their music.

So, I’ll be there with bells on! This is going to be a great event, and I can’t wait.

Avatar Image says:

It’s an artform and like all art it’s subjective. Some like it, some don’t. I really can’t wait. I’m so glad I didn’t book my plane ticket yet. I need to add an extra day! Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

still wish luna and the lovegoods would be there… that would make the show.

Avatar Image says:

i most certainly cant be there…..THOUGH I WISH I COULD….dont get the wrong idea…..I love Draco and the Malfoys!!!!!...._....

Avatar Image says:

Wow!cool news! One small question though… WHERE is it in Chicago? What place?

Avatar Image says:

Why am I not suprised that Terminus isn’t even near Seattle, WA?

Avatar Image says:

I’m so mad. I live in Chicago, but I am going to be out of town for Terminus.

Avatar Image says:

They don’t have cool stuff like this in Australia…...

Avatar Image says:

great.truly. all we need now are dobby and the houselves,neville and the longbottoms,percy and the prefects,voldemort and the deatheaters,hogwarts and the professors or better still why not have the trio of Dan,Rupert and Emma record their own cover of some silly little tune. It would be number one the world over,even if the trio were tone-deaf and if it was the worst pop song recorded in history.

I wanna go!!!