Hey Jude… Wanna Be in a Harry Potter Movie?

122

Oct 05, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

MTV has a fun new video interview today with two of the UK’s finest actors, Michael Cain eand Jude Law, who discuss the fact that they have never been asked to be in a Harry Potter movie. While promoting their new movie “Sleuth,” they point out that “Ken” has been in the Harry Potter films, with Ken being “Sleuth” director Kenneth Branagh, who so memorably portrayed Gilderoy Lockhart in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Actor Jude Law (twice nominated for Oscars for his excellent work in “Cold Mountain,” and “The Talented Mr. Ripley”) says he has read all the Harry Potter books but joked he was too old to play Harry. Meanwhile Michael Caine (two time Oscar winner for “Hannah and Her Sisters, “Cider House Rules”) says the Harry Potter films aren’t his sort of movie. He says he has never been asked to be in the films, has not read the books or watched the movies, but jokes and says he better start watching them now that he is working for Potter producer David Heyman on a new film. To watch this interview, click here.( the scroll down to middle of the page).

39 Responses to Hey Jude… Wanna Be in a Harry Potter Movie?

Hehe. Like the news tile Sue! :D

Avatar Image says:

Jude could play… hmm. Greyback? Though I’d rather see Clive Owen in that role… oh, surely there must be enough room for them both ;)

Avatar Image says:

I love how they titled this article; awesome, awesome, awesome.

Oh I Love The Beatles! (L) and that song is one of my favorites

Avatar Image says:

Jude Law is too pretty to be in a Harry Potter movie. Although they should just start sticking random well-known British actors in photographs and portraits. They could get the whole country in the last two movies if they try hard enough!

Avatar Image says:

caine would be a wicked xeno lovegood. make this happen!

Avatar Image says:

I think jude would be perfect in it i always thought he should be tom riddle cuz he resembles the guy that played him in chamber of secrets.

Avatar Image says:

I had always thought that Michael Caine should have succeeded Richard Harris if they couldn’t get Peter O’Toole. Not because Michael Caine is perfect for the role, but because Michael Caine can do anything!

Jude Law is frankly a little too weird-looking for my taste, but Clive Owen? Yummy! Put him anywhere!

As for Xeno Lovegood, they have the perfect actor in Billy Connelly. I hope that rumor pans out.

Avatar Image says:

Billy Connolly as Xeno Lovegood? BRILLIANT! I think “The Big Yang” would be excellent here!

Avatar Image says:

Jude Law could be a young Grindewald.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with ginevra. Caine would have gotten Dumbledore spot on. He would have rocked. I felt shades of Dumbledore just watching him in that video . . .

But Clive as Greyback? Clive is much too fine. Greyback doesn’t deserve to look that good.

Avatar Image says:

Woah, I just thought of Jude Law as Ted Tonks and he looks a heck of a lot like how I imagine him! Just grow a beard and I’ll be happy!

And Michael Caine for Xeno Lovegood? That’d be brilliant!

Avatar Image says:

I remember when people had wanted Jude Law as Remus Lupin before PoA. I would have like Michael Caine as Dumbledore because I agree with everyone here that that man can do anything. I would not want Jude Law or Clive Owen to play Greyback! Greyback comes across as repulsive and those two actors are the farthest from that as possible and I would want to cry if I saw that. Haha.

Avatar Image says:

i’d like to see Michael Caine in HP! there’s only the DH left for him to be in. hmm… who could he play? Ted Tonks? Yaxley?? it has to be a prominent role.

Avatar Image says:

nothing personal to Jude Law, but i’d rather he not be in the movie—he’s just too Hollywoody.

i’m more than fine with Clive Owen, though. i have wondered why i don’t see his name amongst the considered actors for the Harry movies. He has the indie background and undergroundedness i seek.

ok. i admit that i like Clive. Jude— i just don’t “feel” him. =P

Avatar Image says:

It would be wonderful to see Jude in a Harry Potter movie! He totally deserves consideration :)

Avatar Image says:

tis commented above that Clive is “too fine” for Greyback. actually, Clive has that roughened edge who can totally play a badass… coz he is a badass in real life. brooding and passionate he’ll play any role realistically.

Avatar Image says:

Love the idea of Billy Connelly and I agree with Melynda – can’t imagine any role in the books for Jude Law. (Maybe Reg Catermole in DH but I doubt they’ll include that scene.) If he must be in it then stick him in a portrait! It’s an interesting idea to make him Grindewald but unfortunately he’s already too old for the part! We need a 16 year old for that part.

okay..maybe yaxley

Avatar Image says:

Speaking of parts – any word on who Narcissa will be? I don’t think I’ve heard anything yet, and she wasn’t shown in GOF or did I blink too much and miss her?

Avatar Image says:

And we also need a 16 year old for Harry Potter… Dan has just turned 20!

Billy for Xeno- Perfect. I also think they should get Jo Brand for Aunti Muriel! Jennifer Saunders for Mrs Malfoy and I think if you roughed Jason Statham up a bit he might make an interesting Greyback.

Avatar Image says:

Yes, Melynda~a great Tom Riddle, indeed! As for Ms Smith: Yes, she was in OOtP, though not as much as she aught to have been. I have heard, (RUMOR, ONLY) that she has been ill. Back to Caine and Law: Yes,Mr Caine might be good for ‘Greyback’, but I do see Clive Owen, in that role. Jude Law might make a good ‘Bill Weasley’!

No, Dan just turned 18.

He is tiny and, considering the emotional presence and maturity needed for Harry, a slightly older actor is a great choice. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to acclimate to a new Harry for the last movie? It would be devastating.

Nah!! No Jude Law in HP. He just doesn’t fit. But, YES to Michael Caine :D

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, it’s kind of laughable considering Michael Caine is well known to do a movie for the paycheck only. It’s better if he doesn’t do this, I like guys like Jason Isaacs who knows the stories inside out and is a fan himself.

Avatar Image says:

i agree with the comment about jude being a young grindewald they discribe him as being handsome. this dumbledore also isnt meeting my expectations HES TOO ALL OVER THE PLACE AND WHATS UP WITH THE ROBES AND HAT HES WERING IN EVERY EFFING MOVIE IN THE BOOKS SHE ALWAYS TAKES THE TIME OUT TO DESCRIBE HOW REGAL LOOKING HIS ROBES ARE AND YET IN THE MOVIES ITS THA SAME OLD GREY BATHROBE

Avatar Image says:

u know who should play narcissa? that woman who plays the wife of the surgeon i nip tuck she is blond blue eyed british actress ooh i think she wuld be perfect shoot i forgot her name tho

Avatar Image says:

her name is joely richardson from nip tuck found it. she should be narcissa

Avatar Image says:

I have actually thought before that Jude would be a good Scrimgeour, but they’d have to make him look a bit older.

Avatar Image says:

DeliaDee QUOTE I find it very interesting that Michael Caine said that Harry Potter isn’t “his sort of movie” yet he’s never read the books nor seen the movies. I adore Michael Caine but feel this sounds like an almost elitist thing to say – especially considering the actors that have/do play in these movies. Or am I overreacting? /QUOTE

Overreacting. Not all adults are interested in HP, not a thing wrong with that. He isn’t in to fantasy, or kids movies generally perhaps, nothing wrong with that either. Not at all elitest.

I couldn’t give a toss about the latest slasher or superhero film – does that make me elitest?

Avatar Image says:

hee hee hee. loved the title!!!

lol. Jude Law and Michael Kane are great actors…. id love to see Jude in HP… but idk who’d he play… maybe a Weasley brother? He’d have to color his hair…. but itd still be COOL!!!!! (oooo. bill. i’d like to see him as bill.)

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

Victoria Beckaham would be a great Narcissa, she has the snooty, just smelled dung look down. Jolie Richards is great too.

Right after King Richard died Michael Caine was the first actor that came to mind. He would have been a great Dumbledore, He still could be, they just need to fire Gambon.

Avatar Image says:

Jolie Richards is perfect for narcissa jude law = young grindelwld michael caine = ted tonks

Avatar Image says:

Oh yes, please bring on Michael Caine. But please spare us from having to see Jude Law in any second of the last 2 Potter films. I can’t stand Jude on or off screen!!

Avatar Image says:

the majority of actors already plaing a “part” are good, pity that DD looks “scruffy” I am sure it is the way the camera picks up on detail. We have loads of “brits” who would be suitable for various parts.The guy who plays Uncle vernon would have been my choice for slughorn but he is taken as Vernon.Dame Maggie Smith is awesum as Minerva McGonnegal ( i think we should see more of her).There are a lot of characters with the correct “demeanor” for many parts unfortunately the films are not long enough to get everyone in.It is a shame as there are loads of actors who would be great as certain roles but if all the people mentioned in the books were included the films would have to be in segments like spending several days at the cinema, which most of us fans would love ! (cinema/movie theatres would not be happy devoting a full 2 or 3 days for a single admission price) but of course a little impractical. :)Sorry I had better stop as I will go on for hours. Good luck all ! Flittwick.

Avatar Image says:

Jude Law would make a great young Tom Riddle for the sixth movie.

Avatar Image says:

Guys, I just had an idea. What if Sir Michael Caine (one of my favorite actors) played Aberforth? I mean he could’ve played DD, Aberforth is his brother so there’s the family resemblance. I’m a bit biased but I think that’s a good suggestion, considering there aren’t many older roles for him to play. I never thought of Clive Owen! He’s wonderful, too. But I think that if Sir Michael Caine does give the series a chance and watch the films, he’ll consider it. I mean, he worked with Alfonso Cuaron, so he should know that the series has matured and gained credibility/substance.

Avatar Image says:

Michael Caine will great as Aberforth. The problem with Jude Law that the series has lack any characters that fit for an actor in his late twenties or early thirties.

Write a Reply or Comment