New Wizard of the Month, Door Opening Archives on JKRowling.com

Oct 31, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Our favorite author has taken a cue from Madam Pince it would seem, and has now launched a reference of sorts with new Wizard of the Month, and Door Opening archives on JKRowling.com. Harry Potter fans can now visit Jo’s site, and be able to access previous Wizard of the Months via the calendar found on the desk. If you wish to revisit some of the previous door openings including those mysterious and tricky WOMBATs, you can do so by using the intriguing time turner gizmo that is located between the door to Jo’s office and the mirror (do watch out for Peeves!). Enjoy!

UPDATE: Courtesy of the wondrous Lexicon Bel, here is a handy reference to all those past door openings (Note if you wish to access them, make sure to click on the handle of the time turner, then click on the glowing blue globe)

June 28, 2004 = 1st Door opening- Brick wall puzzle

August 16, 2004 = 2nd Door opening- Dart board, Gringots Vault

October 31, 2004 = 3rd Door opening- Flying keys

December 20, 2004 = 4th Door opening- Christmas riddles

March 31, 2006 = 5th Door opening- Mirror reparo, WOMBAT 1

September 29, 2006 = 6th Door opening- WOMBAT 2

December 21, 2006 = 7th Door opening- Christmas present

Wednesday June 13, 2007 = 8th Door opening- WOMBAT 3

Thanks Roonwit!

54 Responses to New Wizard of the Month, Door Opening Archives on JKRowling.com

Avatar Image says:

A big thanks for letting us know. As I don’t check the site regularly anymore, due to lack of updates I probably wouldn’t have noticed myself. ;c)

Avatar Image says:

I flip the Time Turner but I can’t open the door, and the WOTM calendar doesn’t change…

Avatar Image says:

Thats wicked-i love the effects when you click to go back in time! Although an update from Jo would have been much nicer news!

Avatar Image says:

taj: You might have problems with cached files. Try an alternate alias for the site such as http://www.jkrowling.org/ but remember that the doors aren’t always straight forward to open.

I do like it that Jo has archived the previous doors, because I get the impression that people felt they missed out if they weren’t there when the door opened previously, or only discovered the site relatively recently.

PS. the WOMBATS work and are graded instantly.

Avatar Image says:

how do u flip the timeturner…?

Avatar Image says:

EEK! I can’t work the time-turner…

Avatar Image says:

I’m having the same problem when i try to use the time-turner, it doesn’t open for me under jkrowling.com or jkrowling.org

Avatar Image says:

As usual with these doors clicking randomly in the general area will yield results. Note you have to change the date before the time turner will work.

Avatar Image says:

Does it mean that there won’t be new wizards of the month?

Avatar Image says:

I don’t remember how to put the elder wand, the cape and the stone…Please help me :P

Avatar Image says:

This is WONDERFUL! Thanks for the news Leaky. It’s been great fun this morning remembering the excitement of door openings past, as well as checking out all the past Wizards of the month I’d forgotten about.

Capucine, the Lexicon website should still have the information you need about the door opening puzzles.

Avatar Image says:

That’s awesome but does that mean that Jo is never going to give us another door opening and a new wizard of the month again? :/

Avatar Image says:

So cool ! I’ve been wanting to do it again for years !

Yeah, i’ll do some wombat training, be careful here i am !

Avatar Image says:

My computer or my internet connexion doesn’t want to go on the archive on the site…

Avatar Image says:

looks like the site won’t be updated anymore…

Avatar Image says:

looks like there won’t be any more wizards of the month… guess that’s kind of obvious ending with Harry…. :( Sad pandas :(

Avatar Image says:

How disappointing if we never get Ron, Hermione or others as the Wizard of the Month.

Avatar Image says:

I very much doubt Jo has given up on the site. In fact it is notable that the default setting for the door is closed, implying that Jo intends to open it again as she could just have left it open with the acknowledgments. Thus I fully expect Ron or Hermione to appear on the WotM calendar tomorrow.

Avatar Image says:

An OUTSTADING for Lightmaker for this update. A DREADFUL for Jo, becuase she hasn’t make nothing for JKR.com from 20th July.

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone notice the following on Jo’s site? I don’t think I ever saw it mentioned anywhere:

In the room with the closed door, you can rip off some of the wallpaper: click directly on or slightly above the right upper corner of the light switch (The exact point is a little hard to find). Then hold the mouse button and go up and a little to the right. Underneath there’s a clue(?). It shows a cauldron and some sort of egg and hair(?) which go in it. Does anyone know what clue this is?

Avatar Image says:

tanka: That is new, well spotted.

Avatar Image says:

If you wait for peeves to knock over the pens on the main page the egg falls out of it. Haven’t found the hair yet – This is exciting!!

Avatar Image says:

Ahh, I can’t seem to get into any of the older doors! :( The door won’t open even after I use the time turner. I wish I had more time say I could go back and see what I’ve missed but I have a ton of projects I have to do. Bah.

Also, are there more cobwebs than usual? ;)

Thanks JK Rowling for letting us have the option to go back to the puzzles we may have missed!

Avatar Image says:

Is she ever going to explain the WOMBATs?

Also, she needs a blog archive. Not that she’s blogged much, but still :)

Avatar Image says:

What I find interesting is the do not disturb sign is back up, which means it will come down again, I wonder what is up her sleeve with that. As for those of you who think the WOTM will not be updated anymore, do not forget it is still October, even over there, give it a few hours for the date to change in England, them panic. If someone did see the new WOTM early, it was probably a mistake that the system self corrected for, probably happened when the new info was put in for the date change.

John B.

Avatar Image says:

I with Jill. I fount the egg but not the hair. Does anyone know if this is a new clue or has it been there for a while?

Avatar Image says:

I think there are at least 3 NEW SECRETS!

- The one of the wall paper of room of requirements.

- use the lies detector, and you will see other clue.

- there is a bug in the awards page i don’t know to which secret belongs…

Avatar Image says:

What’s the lie detector? And where is the hair?

Avatar Image says:

Got the clue from the lie detector. You draw the symbol on the sheet on the “extras” page.

Avatar Image says:

I wish I had time to sit around and work out the new clues but I have an exam to take! Damn college :( Have fun though!

Avatar Image says:

GAAH! Can’t change the date on the time turner. How do you do that?

Avatar Image says:

Spoilers! If you want to unveil secrets of JKR’s site don’t read this!

Go to rubbish bin site. Leave mouse on Spickoscop till it’ll reveal sign with ”?”. Then go to Extra site and on the paper (when we used to draw lightning bolt) try and draw ”?”. New Extra: Subjects 3rd year, classes, teachears and more!

Avatar Image says:

I wanted to ask if you all thought this is the end of the Wizard of the Month. (Which I hope it is not.) Then I started reading through the comments and see there are new secrets! How exciting! Thank you, Jo! :)

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know what the phone does? I was looking through the Wizard of the Month Archives and let it sit open for while when the phone starting ringing. I answered it but it doesn’t do anything.

Avatar Image says:

You should here Jo’s voice when you answer it.

Sorry: hear

Avatar Image says:

This is so cool! I always managed to miss the door openings so it’s cool I get the chance now! :-]

Avatar Image says:

also in the rubbish bin if you click on the pen next to the sneakoscope it breaks and the ink draws another clue on the paper…

Avatar Image says:

Sorry Billy, but that’s an old one. Check on HP Lexicon! :)

Avatar Image says:

“Companion Books” now on News section!

Avatar Image says:

Cool. I enjoyed looking at all the Wizards of the months, especially the one who thought that Wizards were from Mars and Muggles from mushroom :). That ‘Easter Egg’ about the original teachers is cool as well, plus the news post on companion books.

Avatar Image says:

There’s a new ‘news’ entry too called ‘Companion Books’, it isn’t showing on the index page for some reason but if you click on ‘News’ it’s there.

Avatar Image says:

SQUEE. I got the timeturner to work but it only takes you back to July 20 2007. I did get the egg, now to find that little hair or what ever that other thing is.

Avatar Image says:

SQUEE! I got the timeturner to work but it only takes you back to July 20 2007. I did get the egg, now to find that little hair or what ever that other thing is.

Avatar Image says:

Ok, really stoopid question – but how do you get from the rubbish bin back to the main page? I can’t find anything to click on (I got the ? thing though, but I’m trying to get back to the main page so i can get to Extra Stuff)

Avatar Image says:

Click on the pencil sharpener on the floor.

Avatar Image says:

I have a problem. Someone please help!

The room of requirement door will open for me when I set the time turner to 7/20/2007 (acknowledgements). However, when I set the time turner to any date before 7/20/07, the door will not open. The knob turns partway when I move my cursor over it, but when I click, nothing happens.

Help! How do I get the door to open?

Avatar Image says:

I am utterly hear-broken! I get NO time turner and I cannot get the ruddy ”?” to take either ….

Any suggestions?

Avatar Image says:

Oh brother, I’m having a very hard time getting two of the three new secrets to work for me. I can’t get that light switch to do whatever it’s supposed to do (Asked already in other comments section) and that time turner I can’t get to work either. Got the sneak-o-scope to work though, that was reasonably easy, the Question mark must be reasonably good.

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone notice that Felix Summerbee is Wizard of the Month twice? He’s the 1st and 13th.

Avatar Image says:

Never mind about Felix – I just checked the Lexicon to see if they had info and of course they already mentioned that he was WOTM twice. They know everything!

Avatar Image says:

this is probably an old one but if you take the eraser in the extras section and go over the paper it draws a feather, potion, spider, and 2 leaves going into a cauldron with a question mark

Avatar Image says:

Not WOTM for november? What a pity.

Avatar Image says:

I can use the time turner but I don’t get the first one with the Brick wall and the wire hanging down? What do you do? And if I go to the next ones, they’re just black… Someone help!

Write a Reply or Comment