Video of Dan Radcliffe on Parkinson Program Now Online

272

Nov 04, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

As we first told you, actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) appeared on the UK chat show Parkinson this weekend to promote his latest film, “My Boy Jack.” We now have video of Dan’s appearance to bring you courtesy of our Order partner Dan Radcliffe.com. The downloadable video, which is of rather substantial size (nearly 70MB), can be found right here.

During the interview, Dan speaks of his role in “My Boy Jack” and of its departure from the world of Harry Potter to the reality for a young man in World War One. This leads to a discussion of his role in “Equus” and growing up on the Harry Potter film sets. He also talks briefly of the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” film, which is currently in production, and of actor Michael Gambon’s reaction to the revelation about his character, Albus Dumbledore. A number of images of Dan from the Parkinson program can be seen right here also thanks to DanRadcliffe.com.

“My Boy Jack” is scheduled to make its debut in the UK on ITV1, Sunday, November 11th from 9pm ’ 11pm (local time).

24 Responses to Video of Dan Radcliffe on Parkinson Program Now Online

Avatar Image says:

Dan looked really good during this interview. He made me smile.

First post?

Avatar Image says:

Has anyone heard or seen anything of a U.S. air date?

Avatar Image says:

I can’t figure out how to watch the video.

Avatar Image says:

hey, can somebosy make a download of this video that’ll play on my ipod cuz the link that you all posted wont convert so it works of my ipod.

Avatar Image says:

Hum, christie… Parkinson is the name of the guy who interviewed Dan (I just thought someone should say it before someone else who didn’t read the news panic) ^^; I agree it’s a terrible disease tho, my aunt has it

Avatar Image says:

What a pleasant interview! Made me crack up laughing a few times. :) Dan looked so handsome too, and I really want to see My Boy Jack! :)

Avatar Image says:

Dan looked really good. He has had better interviews but it was still good!

I believe we only get pictures from the DVD launch only later this week. Wasn’t it on Emma’s officical site?

Good for you Bratpack!

Wonderful interview as always. Daniel always makes me laugh or smile and My boy Jack looks amazing!

Avatar Image says:

God, he is so charming. Lovely interview!

Avatar Image says:

Very pleasant interview.Very well presented. Thanks “leaky”!

Avatar Image says:

This is a cute interview. I downloaded the file from dadradcliffe.com and it doesn’t have the part with French and Saunders. Does anyone have a link to the whole show?

Avatar Image says:

I haven’t read any of the other posts…OMG! What a powerful actor our Dan is! He is a great asset to the world of Acting! I would love to see him, on Broadway, but alas I live in the “deep South”! Oh, well…. (and he looks smart as paint with a Mustache!) *)

Avatar Image says:

Well does any one know how to make it so people that don’t have all the computer requirements can, because I really want to watch it but it won’t let me.:(

Avatar Image says:

If you only want to watch it, the video is also in YouTube. Search under Dan Radcliffe and Parkinson.

I try downloading it, but it seems Megaupload has issues with Puerto Rico. I hope that another downloadable version can be made hint hint TLC

Dan is a great person to interview. He is never boring.

Avatar Image says:

Very nice. Looks like My Boy Jack will be a very powerful movie.

Avatar Image says:

The bit with Dawn French making that comment to Daniel was absolutely priceless! I was laughing my head off (almost literally).

Avatar Image says:

@ Laura, I wet myself at that ‘wand’ comment from Dawn French too. She was really on fire on that show though. Poor Jennifer hardly got a word in edgeways, and even when Ray Winston came on she piped up and started talking about his and her roles as Mr & Mrs Beaver in Narnia lol. Dan sat there giggling throughout.

Oh, I’m recording My Boy Jack next Sunday (11th Nov Remembrence Day) – already set my digibox to record it. Can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

I watched it on Saturday. Pretty good interview. I’m definitely watching “My Boy Jack” on Sunday.

Avatar Image says:

couldn’t watch the video. Can you upload it to your galleries please?

Avatar Image says:

As stated, earlier, that was a great interview! I read from zee and fran: Is this an BBC Televised thing? Not a Theatrical Release?? If so, can it be gotten, here “across the pond”, maybe on Satelite or Cable?? I’d love to see it! :D

Avatar Image says:

It’s on British TV Channel ITV 1. I think it might be shown in America at a later date, but I don’t know which channel.

Avatar Image says:

:( (pouts) Oh, well. I’ll be waiting for it! *)

Avatar Image says:

What is particularly wonderful about Dan doing “My Boy Jack” is that he’ll bring in a huge audience of young people who know little or nothing about The Great War, and they’ll learn, as did Kipling, about the tragic waste of life in this first modern conflict of the 20th century. By the way, for Americans unfamiliar with the custom, Dan and Parkinson are wearing fake poppies in their lapels in observance of “Remembrance Day” or “Veterans Day”, as we call it here in the States. The flower’s significance comes from the poem, “In Flanders Fields”, by Lt Col. John McCrae (Canadian Army), killed in 1918 :

IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blow Between the crosses row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, Loved and were loved, and now we lie In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe: To you from failing hands we throw The torch; be yours to hold it high. If ye break faith with us who die We shall not sleep, though poppies grow In Flanders fields.

You can read more about the poet and the poem at http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/flanders.htm

That was lovely, Judy.