PotterCast 124: We Miss Melvin Already

364

Nov 05, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

This week, the 124th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is back to its regular format with the latest in Harry Potter for your listening pleasure. In this episode, the PotterCasters theorize on the Dursleys in a new ‘Canon Conclundrums’ while our Scribby 5 girls talk about an essay from their 19th issue of Scribbulus. We continue our series of discussions on “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” with fans in a new ‘Bit-by-Bit,’ where we sort out the many Harry Potters in the next chapter of the book. We also get into a moment shared by Harry in Luna from the “Order of the Phoenix” film in a new ‘Phoenix Files’ in addition to bringing you the latest “Half-Blood Prince” filming reports from our readers in the UK and much more. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“We Miss Melvin Already”

- It’s Hagrid’s hut, and other movie news.
- Film location reports from fans.
- Voldie actually does wear Prada.
- A bit or two about Harry.
- The “good” characters vs. “bad” characters and their choices.
- What happened to the Dursleys when they drove away?
- We’re missing Melvin.
- Video Blog Challenge for ˜Jingle Spells.’

RT: 1:27:42/p>

Editor: Stede Bonnett

Scribbulus
Podcast Alley
Digg
Jingle Spells Wizard Rock CD

Direct download (40 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (10 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

15 Responses to PotterCast 124: We Miss Melvin Already

Avatar Image says:

Bloody ‘ell! Time to take a break from the Lexicon debate and giver ‘er a listen!

Avatar Image says:

Lexicon? Lexicon? What is this Lexicon you speak off? :)

Avatar Image says:

Yay, new episode! I’m gonna miss Melissa though, hope she’s having good luck with that book of hers; can’t wait to read it!

Avatar Image says:

Aww, I’ll miss you, Melissa! But I have to admit, the episode title was very funny. “Melvin”...I still giggle over it a bit.

I noticed this episode is longer than usual, LOL.

Avatar Image says:

Great Cast, kids! I especially liked the discussion of “why Deatheaters are ugly” I like to think of it as they are trying to “keep up with Voldemort”! (you have to admit, even in Prada, the man is heinous!) I miss “Melvin” and “Muchcaca”, too! (she’s gonna getcha for THAT one!) LOL…great job! *)

Avatar Image says:

Now we should have a fan commentary…twould be good.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Thanks for making my day! .

Avatar Image says:

I hope you guys discuss the lawsuit a little bit. Just because you’re very sensible, and it’s partially what a talk show is for, and I’d like to hear your takes on it!

Avatar Image says:

Enjoyed it, but I missed Melissa. The three-way conversations are the best. Also, it was strange that Steve was on encouraging JKR to put out her encyclopedia? I know it was recorded some time earlier, but he sounds so cheerful … what was he thinking? Did he know all @#*^% was about to break loose?

Avatar Image says:

I miss Melissa! Otherwise it was a good show.

Avatar Image says:

I was worried about how the show would be without Melissa, you three are so good together. But I must say, John and Sue, you did an admirable job carrying on without Melvin! I look forward to future shows with just the two of you; you all rock!

Avatar Image says:

I have to admit I love it when Sue & John are let loose to be silly but I think Melissa always adds fairness and balance to the show (on issues such as the pink elephant – Lexicon). Well done you guys for not focusing on that. A very unfortunate episode in fandom relations with copyright owners.

Avatar Image says:

John “Pansy” Noe? What happened to Dawlish? Was Melissa the one that kept the watch in the past? It was great anyway.

Avatar Image says:

Well done all of you superb edition you are soooo good. :))

Avatar Image says:

this was my favourite episode in quite a while. i love john and sue’s chemisty. it’s so much fun. you guys rock!

Write a Reply or Comment