Jason Isaacs Hopes to be in “Deathly Hallows” Film

323

Nov 06, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Jason Isaacs is the subject of a new interview with Liverpool magazine and mentions his hope that he will return as Lucius Malfoy for the film version of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.” In a series of question and answers Jason, who is currently filming ” La Conjurade El Escorial” in Spain, notes he is in this new movie “with puffy velvet trousers, a director who doesn’t speak English, and a very itchy beard; new photos from a press day for the film here. Jason Isaacs also says he is awaiting news of his return to the Harry Potter films among other things. Some excerpts:

“The next thing I am up to is a lot of waiting: waiting to see if Brotherhood goes to a third season (it’s up to the network-they own me for six years); waiting to see if “Stopping Power (a car chase film I starred in with John Cusack but that fell apart due to money trouble) starts again as rumoured; waiting to do publicity for “Good” a film I’ve just finished with Viggo Mortensen; waiting to see if I’m in Harry Potter 7 (I’m in the book but who knows what gets cut to make 900 pages into a film). Or none of the above. That’s what’s exciting.”

“If I could rewind time, I’d stop trying to be dark and interesting and just decide to be happier. Have a lot more sex, travel more, watch less television¦avoid some of the worst 70s fashion aberrations.”

“The things that always make me smile are my two little girls, Larry David, catching my wife welling up with tears while listening to tragically cheesy pop songs.”

“If I had more time I’d have dozens of kids, build an orphanage, be a black belt, play the saxophone, freefall, learn Chinese, roam the world with 5 (British pounds),a penknife and some sticky backed plastic. Think of a better answer.”

Thanks Cara!

32 Responses to Jason Isaacs Hopes to be in “Deathly Hallows” Film

Avatar Image says:

Yay and SQUEE for Jason Isaacs. Lucious Lucius.

Avatar Image says:

Mr Isaacs is such a great guy! I loved the part about his “wife, welling up with tears, while listening to some tragically “cheesey” pop song” He’s a real card, and I hope he comes back to Deathly Hallows! HE’s great!

Avatar Image says:

Have more sex, thats just great. he he he LOL ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Too bad Lucius is in Azkaban for HBP, he was so brilliant in the last one! Please, please bring Isaacs back in DH!

Avatar Image says:

I hope he comes back, too! He looks so good in that blond wig… _

Avatar Image says:

If Jason Isaacs isn’t in the DH the movie, I’m not going to watch it! He’s one of the very few actors in the movie that was perfectly casted!

Avatar Image says:

i can hear Sue squeeing over this article all the way in St Louis ;)

Avatar Image says:

He wants to be in Deathly Hallows… Is that really news? He’s been saying that forever…

Avatar Image says:

If Jason Isaacs isn’t in Deathly Hallows, I’M NOT WATCHING IT. I mean that with every ounce of my being. ARE YOU LISTENING, WB?! ;)

Avatar Image says:

Haha! I love him! And don’t worry Jason, us fans will make sure you’re on DH, we have to see you with that wig and cane one last time!

PS. He looks so hot in those pics! ;D

Avatar Image says:

Pics, great; statements, fantastic! Amy S., I am totally there with you, we have to have Lucius at Malfoy Manner, it just won’t be Deathly Hallows without him!

Side note – Jason Isaacs and Viggo Mortensen in a movie, WOW! That is just yummy squared! Can’t wait to see that “Good” movie!

Avatar Image says:

Can he speak spanish then? He must be really good if he’s making a film in another language!

Avatar Image says:

Aww, I know how his wife feels about songs like that! I’ve been occasionally guilty of welling up over the ‘cheese’ myself!

Avatar Image says:

The thing he said about wanting to see the koran being made into a movie so that he can have an opinion about it without reading it was odd. He is not going to be in hbp. I forget about that.

Avatar Image says:

OH, I love Jason. He is gorgeous and he better be in Deathly Hallows. Although I do wonder how he’ll feel about the cane being destroyed. I wonder if Voldemort will take the whole cane, or just the wand part. Haha, imagine Voldy with Luci’s cane!

Avatar Image says:

I think WB should break out the big check book, and bring everybody back for DH hehe

Avatar Image says:

lizetm said: “we have to see you with that wig and cane one last time!”

Speaking of: Since his wand is in his cane, will Voldemort take the whole thing? And then it’ll get destroyed…. AAHH!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Cool! hope isaccs is cast for deathly hallows! malfoy manor isn’t malfoy manor without him!

Avatar Image says:

Hope to see you in DH, the plot includes Lucius, hopefully you will be in the film too ! yayyyyyyyy

Avatar Image says:

I would hereby like to formally offer my services if you wish to have more children Mr Isaacs.

Avatar Image says:

IMO: WB needs to bring back as many people as possible.

I pretty much love him. I reaaallly hope he is back for DH :]

Avatar Image says:

They HAVE to bring him back! He’s so amazing as Lucius, and you need him in Malfoy Manor. If they don’t put him in I’ll be verrrry annoyed at WB! D:

Avatar Image says:

Jason Isaacs rocks!!!! He and Viggo Mortensen in one and the same movie? I am so going to watch it. Will be fainting of dehydration after all the drooling. ;)

He HAS to be in the DH movie. They can´t cut out Malfoy Manor, they just can´t. And Lucius has to be there, otherwise it makes no sense at all.

Avatar Image says:

YaY he’s so great! I really hope he returns for DH he’s a great Lucius and I always get the feeling from his interviews that he really loves being a part of the HP movies, it’s excellent to see so much enthusiasm from the actors.

Avatar Image says:

seems to me that lucius and narcissa have to be in dh. how else can narcissa “save” harry. ooh, narcissa must be pulling her locks out over “helping” harry.

Avatar Image says:

Jason is such a brilliant actor—he takes my breath away with his versatility, from the deliciously fun and villianous Captain Hook (and daftly ineffectual Mr. Darling) in “Peter Pan” to the cold, brutal and yet still sympathetic (!) gangster in “Brotherhood”. And, oh yeah, his Lucius is luscious, too. As a person, he seems to be funny, smart, adventurous and family-loving. What a mensch!

Avatar Image says:

Not having Lucius Malfoy in the last film is unthinkable. His role is not major, for sure, but his presence is like a spice or an herb in a sauce, without it, it is not the same, it is not as good.

What a hatefull and despicable character. What an actor. All in nuance in that role.

I want to see you, M. Malfoy, just to hate you properly and laugh at you when Voldemore spits in your face and tortures you.

Isn’t life wonderful?

just face it…

i love jason.. and there’s absolutely nothing that can change it, not even jason in drag (<3)..

and this: (<3>

was suposed to be a < with 3 behind it.. (a heart) <3

Avatar Image says:

If he is in the mavie i wont watch it i will dump harry for good!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!! Jason Issacs is way hot w/ dark hair and that “itchy” beard! He HAS to be in DH! The Deatheaters at the table scene is so crucial to the mood of the story and sets up Snape’s role….so Jason HAS to be in DH! And SQUEEE about sums it up! :-)

Write a Reply or Comment