J.K. Rowling, Emma Watson Among Britain’s Best Dressed

Nov 07, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Harper’s Bazaar magazine has released their annual list of the best dressed women in Britain, and coming in at number seven was Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. The Telegraph reports that JKR (“increasingly glamourous”) “is more guarded with her style and earlier this year appeared in a floor-length, peppermint goddess gown at a charity event at Hampton Court Palace.” Actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films) is listed in the number 24 spot. Ireland Online has the entire list , which will be found in the December issue of Harper’s Bazaar due out this week.

1 Natalia Vodianova
20 Lily Donaldson
21 Keira Knightley
22 Rachel Weisz
23 Kate Winslet
24 Emma Watson
25 Roksanda Ilincic

You can see multiple photos of both women in their stylish attires worn during the many events this year, here in our galleries.Congratulations Jo and Emma!

22 Responses to J.K. Rowling, Emma Watson Among Britain’s Best Dressed

Avatar Image says:

jkr ought to try a purple velvet suit…

^hahahaha!

I agree, Dumby.

Avatar Image says:

Emma? Um…okay. Hey, I think it’s nice that even blind people have the opportunity to be arbiters of fashion.

whistles innocently

Avatar Image says:

I love Emma’s clothes and I’m glad that they chose her to be on the list. I’m of course happy for Jo too!

Avatar Image says:

Ahh, finally Jo gets some recognition for being the beautiful woman that she is ♥

Does anyone know if this was in the actual newspaper today, or just online?

Avatar Image says:

I’m really happy to see Emma on this list. I love her style! Those Chanel pieces she wore to some of the OoTP events were all fabulous.

And Jo always looks glamorous.

Avatar Image says:

Why do Leaky show a soury JK picture with most of their news items? I can understand when they use it for libel suit news or similar but these are cheerful news so show a more cheerful Jo pic!! A fun Jo is what we need after all the recent bullava.

Avatar Image says:

Crikey! I just done a refresh and lo and behold, a beautiful and Happy Jo graces my screen! I guess the pictures are cycled on each refresh?? Anyway congrats to Jo and Emma.

Avatar Image says:

Why is Rupert Grint not on that list? He wore a Harry Potter shirt to one of the OotP premires… I think that definately counts as being one of Britain’s best dressed!

Avatar Image says:

Emma was very fashionable this summer, but that’s only because Chanel gave her loads of free stuff, haha.

But there’s no doubt JKR deserves this. ^^

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Sarah about our two HP gals.

Jo always looks GREAT and I thought Emma was ABSOLUTELY SMASHING in Chanel this year.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorry, this is horribly cheesy, but how perfect is it that JK is #7 . . . I mean really . . . anyway, cheers to both of them!

Avatar Image says:

Just don’t wear the same things JKR does, or she’ll sue you.

Avatar Image says:

hahaha Ishouldbeworking … good catch … #7 … made me laugh … I better get back to work myself!!!

I just hope that Evanna Lynch makes the list next year!!!!

Avatar Image says:

My grandma is more cool than Emma. When she tries to be elegant she seems a 40 years old lady.

Avatar Image says:

Whew!!! Go Emma and JKR! Emma’s style has always been great, but this year she has been off the chain!!! We didn’t see that much of JKR while she was still writing the books, but now that’s she’s finished and has been out in public, her fashion choices are amazing. I loved that pale green dress that she wore to some event. It was great. The dress she wore to the Pride of Britain Awards was also very cute. And I just love all of Emma’s outfits, that girl has got style.

Avatar Image says:

Lily Allen – are you kidding me?

Avatar Image says:

Just remember you guys… this list is a joke. An author make the list for best dressed? An ordinary child-star who - until Chanel gave her clothes - looked like trailer at premieres? HA! HAHAHAHAHA!

This list is the funniest thing since Emma won best actress.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks, TLC, for the great pictures and information! Jo AND Emma deserve to be honoured for their style. (which they have, in abundance, although not always showing it!) *)

Avatar Image says:

Celia, I think you need to calm down. The problem is not jealousy, but obsessed people like you. Clearly, you’re obsessed with celebrities - especially child-star, not-particularly-special celebrities like Emma Watson. If she was, I don’t know, seriously talented, breathtakingly beautiful, maybe it’s worth a little obsession. To me, she’s not. It’s funny why most of you fangirls choose jealousy as your number one argument - it seems like it’s the only reason that would favor Emma, rather than favor the people who dislike Emma. My point exactly—you’re biased. Don’t be. Accept that Emma has flaws in her acting. She’s 17. I don’t like her because I seem to like Hermione, or rather, the books more than the movies, which are portraying Hermione and the movies INCORRECTLY. I don’t like a Hermione who is blonde, who is all about feminism, who is all about treating Ron like a child, who is all about being girlishly pink, who is all about having girl-power, who is all about wearing jeans, who is all about being NOT Hermione. I don’t like the way Emma supports this non-Hermione, and the way she thinks she doesn’t need to act anymore because “she IS Hermione”. Her words, not mine. As I said before, this small celebrity is not worth being jealous of. She’s the least experienced out of the trio, and she, in my opinion, plays her part very badly. That’s my opinion of why I don’t like her. You can’t say I’m jealous, so hopefully, this will have given you some perspective from your short-minded view.

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, that wasn’t supposed to have the lines through the words.

Avatar Image says:

I find obsessive bashing just as silly as obsessive adoring. Frankly, I don’t care either way. Emma Watson seems fine to me, but I don’t know her. I don’t really like the portrayal of Hermione in the films all the time, but that’s just because I have a very vivid idea of my own. Why should I dislike some actor because of that? She’s just a young woman doing an (admittedly enviable) job.

Oh, and Copycat – your scathing wit has me so awed I just might faint. Bashing Jo Rowling is, like, so fashionable! Do it at every random opportunity! For a two-sided issue we’re not involved in enough to be angry about!

Write a Reply or Comment