In Style Magazine Feature on Emma Watson (Updated)

278

Dec 05, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The January 2008 issue of In Style magazine will feature actress Emma Watson. The Daily Mail has a preview of this new article that shows the Hermione Granger actress sporting a fifties style look in a series of new photos. Emma is quoted as saying she doesnt like working with a stylist before red carpet premieres (“Getting someone else to choose things takes the fun out of it,”), and she also mentions her new role in the upcoming BBC film “Ballet Shoes”

The teenager says she related to her character, Pauline Fossil, an orphan. She reminds me a lot of when I was younger’ she said. “I was such a drama queen.”

Also, In Style let us know they will soon have a new behind the scenes video of the photo shoot with Emma, and we will update with more when that goes online. As we reported previously, “Ballet Shoes” will air in the UK on BBC1 December 26. Emma will also begin filming again for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” on December 18th. The UK edition of In Style magazine containing this feature on Emma Watson goes on sale later this week.

UPDATE: Thanks to EmmaWatsonFan.net who let us know they have scans from the magazine, here.

Thanks to In Style and Radcakesfan!

61 Responses to In Style Magazine Feature on Emma Watson (Updated)

She’s pretty

hot hot hot

Avatar Image says:

Emma grows more beautiful every day.

WOW. She’s gorgeous!

Avatar Image says:

Emma looks absolutely STUNNING in this shoot.

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know if this will air on BBC America or in the States?

Avatar Image says:

She looks fantastic!!!!! This has to be one of the best shoots she’s ever done.

she looks beautiful .

Avatar Image says:

WOW! She is so freakin’...wow.

ommmyygodd she looks nice

Avatar Image says:

Man, Emma has become such a pro at these photo shoots. Chloe Mallet is a pretty amazing photographer as well. I really hope Ballet Shoes does well.

Avatar Image says:

Wow she does look very pretty. I can’t believe they misspelled Granger though and put an i after the a.

Avatar Image says:

jessica alba is the cover girl&she is so hot and preety

Avatar Image says:

Emma looks really good and more mature with eyeliner on :)

Avatar Image says:

she’s has breathtaking beauty ,sweet ,smart and gracious what else is there .

Avatar Image says:

:) Emma alwasy looks so gorgeous and acts so professional – Lets hope this has helped her improve her acting even more XD

Wow! She looks gorgeous!

Avatar Image says:

I know the comment pages here are full of fangirls, but I’m always shocked to see such blatant, jealous, insensitive idiocy.

Emma looks amazing, as always.

Avatar Image says:

On my electronic TV guide, I have ‘Ballet Shoes’ airing at 20:30 (GMT) on Friday 28 December on BBC1.

Don’t know if this is helpful

Avatar Image says:

Emma looks so beautiful in every photo, even ones in which she’s fallen over or something silly!

Why are some of you people saying that she looks ugly and/or abusing her?! Get a life. This site is for the books, the movies and the actors/actresses playing the parts! Jeez.

Avatar Image says:

Emma always looks great when she does these classic retro photoshoots. If she were about 4 inches taller she really could have been a model.

Anyway, Ballet Shoes airs on the 28th December, not the 26th (which is Boxing Day). And the BBC advert for their ‘Christmas crackers’ featuring Emma, David Tennant, and Tim Spall is on regularly now. Can’t wait for the holidays.

She looks really nice.

Avatar Image says:

What is it with the Daily Mail? They hate Jo, Jo HATES them, but they keep doing Harry Potter stories, even when they’re not the ones who write them.

Avatar Image says:

diricawl, this isn’t really a Harry Potter story, it’s an Emma Watson article. She’s appeared in their toilet roll rag before because they obsess over whoever the young movers and shakers are. But this is their fashion magazine and they generally keep politics out of it (we know Jo Rowling ain’t no Tory).

MY EFFING GOD!!!

ABSOLOUTLEY BEAUTIFUL!!

Avatar Image says:

wow…it is INCREDIBLY difficult to not be jealous of this girl…er, woman? Teenager! Because she’s gorgeous, has great fashion sense, seems to have kept her head with all of this, AND has the job all of us ladies want, right?

Avatar Image says:

Emma is looking superb in this pic

Avatar Image says:

I’m not sure whether I like Emma or not but she looks absolutely stunning.

She will be successful with her looks alone. Hasn’t she been signed by a top model agency? you can see why!

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Joy, she looks way more mature with eyeliner. Why does she never use it?? It looks very good on her =) The smokey eye also looked good on her. They did it for the Teen Vogue article. Her eye make up is pretty simple in public appearances. I think she just uses a foundation and probably an enlightening, but she does never use eyeshadow nor eyeliner, and she doesn’t use blush, eiter. That’s why we all gasp when we see her with her make up done like this. Her make up is very natural, so when she see her like this she looks much more beautiful!! ^^

Avatar Image says:

Emma’s still a kid, she shouldn’t have to wear lots of make-up unless she’s comfortable wearing it. I admire women who don’t feel the need to plaster their faces with make up to look ‘beautiful’. And I think Emma looks naturally pretty without too much of it anyway.

As for those saying she won’t have a successful acting career, it’s a bit soon to judge. I’ll have a better idea after watching Ballet Shoes, and maybe a couple of other non Potter roles. I also want to see Rupert in something else because he has more time between Potter films seeing as he hasn’t gone into further or higher education.

Avatar Image says:

Absolutely, Zee! She looks absolutely stunning, in a natural way. She just shines natural radiance! She’s not a spokesperson for ‘Mabeline’ or ‘Cover Girl’ (the makeup, not the magazine) I might even expect this gorgeous young lady to appear on ‘Covergirl’ (the magazine)! After all, sometimes, these magazines look for Natural Beauty! You go, Emma!

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely adore Emma Watson, she looks fabulous! She is a classic beauty and a talented actress, I wish her much success! It is so refreshing to see someone who is a true beauty with real talent (the names Catherine Zeta-Jones, Gwenyth Paltrow come to mind. Maybe I am a bit biased but I have the same coloring as her- fair skin, brown eyes and brown hair with blonde highlights :) Sorry but I don’t think us brown eyed girls get enough credence in Hollywood! Yay Emma!

Avatar Image says:

And the best thing is that she is so beautiful (I personally have never seen a more beautiful 17-year-old in my life) that she does not have to display herself in an undignified way. Just look at these pictures—completely covered from the neck down. With a face that stunning, you don’t need to show anything else.

Avatar Image says:

Emma has shown us how she can transform fr a school girl to a 1930s ballerina to a 50s siren!she’s truly a classy and elegant young lady…and the best part is,Emma is soo humble abt her brains,wealth and influence on today’s teens and fans at large..

visit my site for daily emma updates.

danradcemmaw.blogspot.com

Avatar Image says:

I must agreed with all of you she does look Hot, let hope it stays that way she is great person with a great personality.

Avatar Image says:

This girl is VERY BRIGHT, UNPRETENTIOUS, and DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.

I think I’m jealous.

GO EMMA!

Avatar Image says:

The behind-the-scenes video is up on InStyle!

Avatar Image says:

I always knew she would rock the red lipstick and eyeliner, I KNEW it! She should wear them more often in premieres and stuff.

I won’t say a word about her acting, but she IS one gorgeous girl! And she’s becoming better and better in every photoshoot she does… You go girl!

[Mark my word, whe will become Chanel’s new face one day.]

Avatar Image says:

I’m the same age as her and I don’t look a quarter as good as she looks. Can’t wait to see Ballet shoes. It will be a nice change from what I usually watch at Christmas.

Avatar Image says:

A NEW BALLET SHOES PICTURE: http://www.emma-watson-fans.net/hpgallery/displayimage.php?album=474&pos=30

[Not official, sorry.]

She looks so gorgeous and mature with red lipstick, why the heck doesn’t she wear it more often? rolls eyes

And I definitely think she could use help from a professional stylist. She would look a LOT better.

Avatar Image says:

What color eyeliner do you think she is wearing? I love that look so much I want to try it myself and I can’t wait for the new In Style to come out! If anyone can tell please let us know!

Avatar Image says:

I love the way this young lady never resorts to looking slutty. She always wears age-appropriate clothes and looks classy. And I think she’s as gorgeous without make up as she is with it. Not overly keen on red lipstick (and Emma doesn’t need it because she doesn’t have pale lips). But she looks stunning in this photoshoot, one of her best so far.

Avatar Image says:

AWESOME! i want that issue. Too bad i don’t live in the UK. She looks really cute in that little picture.Emma looks great and definitely deserves this attention. I can’t wait to see Ballet Shoes because it’s such a great book and it looks like they’ve done an awesome job with the movie.

I’ve never had a stylist, but I agree with Emma because having someone else choose my clothes for me would get kind of boring after awhile and it wouldn’t be fun because I wouldn’t be able to really take credit for choosing the outfit. But it has to have it’s perks every now and then too.

And Helena123 stop being jealous I can’t stand little girls like you.

Avatar Image says:

Ballet Shoes is on the BBC on the 26th. Yesterday both Emma’s official site, and tbe BBC confirmed it.

Avatar Image says:

“And Helena123 stop being jealous I can’t stand little girls like you.”

Oh I’m SO sorry I’m a ‘jealous little girl’. I didn’t mean to sound like one. I’m just frustrated because I think she looks so damn beautiful in those photos! I’m NOT saying that she looks somehow ‘un-beautiful’ without it, because I bet she looks pretty when she has just woken up!

And when I said I think she should sometimes use a professional’s help with clothes – I didn’t mean it in a bad way! I did NOT say she dresses horribly, I said(or meant, because obviously I said it in a bad way) that she has the potential to be a true fashion icon. And a lot of actresses have stylists to help them.

I’m an Emma-fan(except that her acting was not great in GoF and OotP but I do hope that she will become a talented actress). And of course I’m jealous of her, who here isn’t? Just look at her. And I’m not a ‘little’ girl.

I apologise. English is most definitely not my first language and obviously I sounded like a jealous cow, even though I didn’t mean to sound like one(and I’m still not sure what was it that made me sound like it).

helena123-

What you said wasn’t rude or anything, just poorly worded here and there. But I thought you made it clear you thought Emma looked good…Just the comment about getting a professional to help with clothing choices didn’t sound as complimentry. People just get worked up—you know, we’re all fans here, whether of the books or the movies or both, so we can get pretty easily riled up sometimes! So no worries, you didn’t sound like a “jealous cow”! :)

Avatar Image says:

These ‘photoshoots’ just perpetuate that, they only make us ‘ugly’ girls feel even more worthless by society.

I hope she realises how lucky she is.

Avatar Image says:

She does better than most girls in her position when you compare her to her contemporaries.

Avatar Image says:

Emma looks gorgeous! I am very jealous, but happy for her! I hope everything turns out great for her. I think when people say they’re jealous, they mean it as a complitment…just the fact that she’s someone to be jealous of! Anyway, Emma looks great, and she seems like an excellent role model. I’m glad my eleven-year-old cousin looks up to someone like her, who seems to have her head on straight.

kelseythehpfan -

Phew! Thank you so much for saying that! I was actually really upset that I gave such an impression of myself. And when I read my comments I can see why it seemed like I was somehow critisizing Emma.

It’s just… hard sometimes! Because English isn’t my first language(as you can see), and I often say things in a way I don’t intend to or then I just make really stupid mistakes. Be patient, lol.

“Well, of course I’m jealous!! I mean, it shows, if you’re drop-dead gorgeous like Emma, everyone loves you, you’re a goddess, life is easy, if you’re not, you’re worthless.

I hope she realises how lucky she is.”

I kind of agree with you. Life would be so much easier if you looked like Emma… everyone(particulary guys)worshipping you – who wouldn’t want that? And these photos just make me feel worse about myself because I know I can never look like that. I try-try-try, all the time, every day, to do better: to spend more time, to spend more money, to look better than my friends, to do everything better so that I would look better. But it doesn’t work. It seems like everyone still looks a heck of a lot better than me and I just feel worse every day.

Wow I sound like such a loser.

Avatar Image says:

Emma looks very nice. But the article said she died her hair white-blond for the movie … the last time I looked at the pictures of her on the set of Ballet Shoes, her hair wasn’t “white blond”.

Avatar Image says:

Come on girls, don’t be so down on yourselves. Everyone is beautiful to someone. I think girls can be their own worst critic and very hard on themselves. Emma is a very pretty girl naturally but also consider that for shoots like this one she has an army of make-up artists and stylists making sure she looks perfect. Not to mention the touch-ups that are digitally done to the photos. It’s not realistic by any standard. So it’s sad that girls feel like they have to live up to the lofty standard of beauty perpetuated in glossy magazines like this one. Emma is very pretty but she’s still a teenage girl and probably has had to deal with insecurities like anyone else. especially since she’s constantly under a spotlight and any move she makes is always under intense scrutiny. She’s indeed very lucky to be in the position she’s in but there are still pitfalls.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Julie – Emma is a very beautiful girl, but I’m sure she could pass as “normal” in a regular high school. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, and I personally don’t find the make-up covered girls on the fronts of magazines as gorgeous as “real” people. And, unbearably corny as it sounds, it’s your inside that counts. So, although I myself am horrified by my large-ish nose and yucky auburn hair, my best friend (whom I envy for her looks) says she hates her large-ish ears and brown hair and wishes she looked more like me. It goes to show…Everyone is somehow unhappy with themselves, and everybody is more special than they give themselves credit for.

Avatar Image says:

sigh She’s just so lovely. I’m sixteen and wish I could look like that!

If her acting career doesn’t work out, she could always try modeling!

Avatar Image says:

very well said Julie and Grace W (btw auburn hair isn’t yucky)

Why do people think appearances are so important? Looks don’t last, whether you have them to begin with or not ... unless you are extremely lucky like Helen Mirren, which is very rare. Plastic surgery doesn’t last either come to think of it, so why bother?

To add an extra helping of cheese to the discussion, even the most beautiful person will look ugly if they are ugly inside.

Avatar Image says:

omg! quit with the “jealousy” defense. It’s annoying how people think that everyone who disagrees that Emma is other than pretty is “jealous.” Everybody has a different opinion and definition of beauty or w/e so chill ppl. If anyone doesn’t agree with whatever people are commenting here then don’t be so rude about it that’s why people get all defensive and rude back @ u. You guys end up attacking each other which is completely silly. No one asks you to take their opinion as your own. Quit being defensive and insecure.

btw, i think she’s done well in this photoshoot. so cheers to Emma <3.

Avatar Image says:

gosh I hate her… grr If only I could look as gorgeous as she does.. this is probably the prettiest I’ve seen her

Avatar Image says:

When I was younger my mum used to take the magazine and draw warts and boils on the model’s face we were jealous of and black out her teeth and draw on a big moustache! It made my sister and me laugh like mad and get over it; we realized NOBODY is perfect! DON’t be intimidated. Buy the magazine and draw zits on her face. It won’t hurt Emma and you might feel better having a laugh. Don’t take this so seriously!

If somebody spent zillions of dollars on you and lit you just right and an amazing photographer took zillions of photos and taught you how to pose and you were airbrushed, you’d be stunning as well. That’s all outside stuff. And if all the boys you knew were only attracted to your looks, or because you were in movies (and I bet she gets plenty of that too) you would not be happy.

Also some people mature earlier than others. You may not hit your peak till you’re 30, and all the people you were jealous of in school will look like old hags, because they peaked at 16 (and whether they ruled the school or not will not matter). Your time will come, so cheer up!

Avatar Image says:

HOT HOT HOT!!!!! i’ma marry her.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with something she said. She was such a queen drama when she was a child!! XD I’m glad she’s past that phase now. But it’s a shame that her acting keeps being a little overdramatized!! =( Well, that’s from my point of view.

Avatar Image says:

wow…... you are so hot na hot

Write a Reply or Comment