New Video Preview of J.K. Rowling...A Year in the Life Documentary

J.K. Rowling
December 23, 2007, 12:20 AM

We have another treat tonight for Harry Potter fans, as we now have a second preview clip from the upcoming documentary on JKRowling. ITV sent us this new video which you can watch here in our galleries Jo goes back to the flat where she wrote the first Harry Potter book. In what is a emotional and very moving moment, Jo reflects "This is really the room where I finished Philosopher’s Stone, here. This is really where I turned my life around completely. My life really changed in this flat."

JKR then walks into the bedroom of the apartment, where the new residents have some familiar books on the shelves. She says “For years now I’ve felt that if it all disappeared, and some days I do feel like ‘is it real?’, then this is where I’d come back to, this would be my base line, I’d be back in Leith.And if I’d known that 10 years on I’d come back with a film crew and there’d be my published books on someone else’s bookcase in this room…is really incredible to me.

This clip, as the first one we showed you the other day, is part of an upcoming documentary on Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling that , according to a press release, “paints an intimate portrait of a woman at the height of staggering success which sometimes overawes her, who never expected the international fame that her books have brought her, and provides an honest, poignant and often humorous insight into her past, her personal life and her devotion to her writing and the character she describes as her own hero, Harry. Jo is filmed on a private jet with her husband Neil as they travel to the US for the eagerly anticipated book tour and she also reveals what influenced her writing, notably the death of her mother and how this seeped into every aspect of the books.” JK Rowling…A Year in the Life documentary filmed by James Runcie will be broadcast on UK channel ITV1 Sunday, December 30.

Thanks to ITV!

Posted by lillink on December 23, 2007, 12:59 AM report to moderator
Beth
Posted by Beth on December 23, 2007, 01:04 AM report to moderator
Amy S
Posted by Amy S on December 23, 2007, 01:05 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw from Glenn
Posted by Ravenclaw from Glenn on December 23, 2007, 01:19 AM report to moderator
Someone
Posted by Someone on December 23, 2007, 03:23 AM report to moderator
Light M.
Posted by Light M. on December 23, 2007, 04:22 AM report to moderator
Abby
Posted by Abby on December 23, 2007, 07:46 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I
Posted by Kiwi Mc I on December 23, 2007, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Mountain Violet
Posted by Mountain Violet on December 23, 2007, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Mrs. de Mimsy-Porpington
Posted by Mrs. de Mimsy-Porpington on December 24, 2007, 12:42 AM report to moderator
Debbie
Posted by Debbie on December 24, 2007, 01:30 AM report to moderator

Once again the lift doors opened and four or five witches and wizards got out; at the same time, several paper airplanes swooped into the lift... [br]"Just Interdepartmental memos," Mr. Weasley muttered to [Harry]. "We used to use owls, but the mess was

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014