364

Dec 03, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The Leaky Cauldron and
PotterCast are happy to present to you the latest addition to our fan DVD audio commentary tracks! Have your DVD players at the ready, as your PotterCast Trio is here to provide you with insight, information, and hopefully a little entertainment, as you watch the first film, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.” It’ll be just as if Sue, Melissa, and John are sitting beside you watching the film together. This audio commentary is available on iTunes as well as via direct download. An additional PAL version is available for users with “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” DVDs. That audio file, which is not available on the PotterCast feed, can be downloaded right here.

Here is a little ‘How-To’ on syncing this audio with the DVD film:

Follow these instructions to set up this podcast to play alongside your “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” DVD (which you will need to own):

1. Set up your DVD in your TV/computer/console/other player, and start to play the full-length feature film.

2. When the screen goes from BLUE to BLACK, hit PAUSE.

3. Start this audio track.

4. John will count down (“Three…two…one…click”): UNPAUSE your DVD when he says “click.”

5. Enjoy!

PAUSING:

Once again, you can download the audio track via iTunes or using direct download, and feel free to participate in PotterCast discussion right here on our Leaky Lounge.

Enjoy!

43 Responses to Leaky and PotterCast Present: “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” Fan Commentary

omg omg!!!

that’s AWESOME! (except for the fact that it’s the week before finals)

Thanks PC!!!

Avatar Image says:

Finally!!!!! Now I have something to watch while I do all the homework I put off.

Avatar Image says:

aahhhhhhhhhh sounds amazing now the sad fact of life sets in i cant listen to this for another 17 days until winter break

Avatar Image says:

wawawawait can i do this with my battered VHS tape of the movie…..im not outdated…..its just very very loved

Avatar Image says:

This is great news! I can do this while I’m waiting for my next disks of the first season of Heroes to arrive from Netflix!

I have never enjoyed watching the HP movies as much as when I listen to the PotterCast trio commentary! Thanks!

Avatar Image says:

i’ve never listened to pottercast or anything, but i have to say, this is a clever idea. way to go.

Squee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!! I can’t wait to go listen!

Avatar Image says:

YEAH! Thanks guys! Hope you do one for Order of the Phoenix when it comes out.

Avatar Image says:

Nice. I really didn’t think you’d release another one until the OOtP DVD came out here in the US. I’ll have to watch this tomorrow night.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg!!!

Avatar Image says:

Is it me or did you do this already about a year and a half ago. Just asking.

Jeff

Avatar Image says:

Weeeeeee! Finally! Something to squee about until Sweeney Todd hits theaters! C’mere, SS DVD!

Avatar Image says:

Jeff, they had done the Chamber of Secrets and then Goblet of Fire (the even ones, for some reason)...

Hippity Hip Hooray for new DVD commentaries!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yayness!!!

Avatar Image says:

Jeff, they were going to do SS, but John couldn’t find his copy, so they did CoS instead.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness!!!!! Yay, thank you Leaky! I cannot wait!

Although, the part about unpausing the video and audio tracks is wrong. If you pause the video first and the audio second, you’ll want to unpause the VIDEO first and the AUDIO second, not the other way around. :)

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I was just wondering what I was going to do with the rest of my Sunday evening!

I started my movie, but I’m not really sure what you’re talking about when you say the screen goes from blue to black. When I start mine, it just goes straight to black and then the WB logo comes up along with Headwig’s Theme. Oh well. Hopefully I can still sync it up.

Avatar Image says:

Awww, AFTER the weekend?! Haha. Oh well. Just watched PoA on ABC.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I see. the directions you give on the audio are different than the ones in print here. I’ll go with what you say on the audio. Problem solved!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you, these commentaries are wonderful!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! That’s a brilliant idea! Thank you guys!! It’ll be fun to watch, you guys are hilarious!

Hope you do the same for the other DVDs!

YES! ABOUT TIME! GEEEZ!

I’m going to listen as soon as I’m done with all my college HW stuff. BTW, hurry up and do PoA before OotP comes out on DVD!

Avatar Image says:

This makes me FAR too happy and it couldn’t come at a better time (despite it being finals week).

Thank you!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! i can’t wait to listen to it. i just watched SS on friday when it came on ABC family, but i gladly watch it again to hear this podcast!

Avatar Image says:

Yes! Thank you so, so, so much! My friend and I have been waiting for this for ages!! We’re actually planning a party right now for it! Squee!!

Avatar Image says:

why is there two sorcerer’s stone commentaries. and where is the commentaries for movie 3 and 4?

Avatar Image says:

i stand corrected , i labeled the first commentaries incorrectly. my bad

Avatar Image says:

LOL for the instructions. It’s a really great chance to watch SS again. :)

Avatar Image says:

Where can I get either the commentaries from GoF or CoS?? I couldn’t find them in the Past Episodes section.

Avatar Image says:

I am looking at the episode list using the link from the article but I don’t see anything about a commentary. There is nothing in the list more than 90 minutes long. Shouldn’t it be 3 hours?

Avatar Image says:

Nice. I can watch Sorcerer’s Stone with the commentary while I wait for my next Netflix item (Quantum Leap Season 3 if anyone cares…).

Avatar Image says:

Oh man, I was laughing way too hard during this commentary. I actually wasn’t even watching the movie with it (I know it that well…scary). I’m so excited for PoA (which I know will be hilarious, there’s so much to poke fun at!), and OoTP (just because I need another excuse to watch it). Keep up the good work!!

Avatar Image says:

btw, do you know where I could find the DVD commentary for CoS and GoF also? I loved this one, and I am a new an so I missed the first two…I couldn’t find them on the archives…thanks in advance!

Avatar Image says:

For those of you looking for the previous two commentary tracks (for GoF and CoS): http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/dvdcommentaries

Or use the top banner on the main page, Features—> DVD Commentaries.

my favorite movie other than 5—-

you’re doing 5 when it comes out right?

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm… I guess now would be the time to listen to all of the commentaries you guys do.

Squeeee!!!! Thanks guys!!!

Awesome! Going to try that out soon! Can’t wait for more! Squeeeeeeeeee!!!!! XD

Avatar Image says:

Aww this made me miss Melissa – but it was fun all the same! Thanks for doing these commentaries guys :)

Avatar Image says:

This is so sweet! Thanks for the podcast. Oh by the way I just want to help out, but your instructions are a bit off

“As these are separate video/audio tracks playing simultaneously, pausing will pose a problem. If you pause the video first, and the audio second, unpausing the audio first and video second will probably link you up pretty closely to the earlier synchronization.”

what you should do is if you pause the video first, and the audio second. then unpause the video first, then unpause the audio second. You need to keep the order.

I’ll explain it for you because it’s a little confusing; if you pause the video first, the audio then runs some extra time. then when you unpause the video first, the video then runs the extra time; making it catch up to the audio, so then they would be about the same spot.

P.S. I’m digging the built in spell check :) it’s awesome!

Avatar Image says: I'm so sad.... nothing i do will make this thing sync properly. i'll get to to a perfect spot where it seems perfectly in line, and within 5 minutes it's way off... why on earth would that happen?

Write a Reply or Comment