Your thoughts wanted for our year-end PotterCasts

364

Dec 05, 2007

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

It’s that time again, the end-of-year-wrap-everything-up time – and in preparation for our last PotterCasts of 2007, we’re asking for some feedback from you on a few things:

First, we are still collecting Christmas filks! They will be accepted through December 10, and it’s a bit of a tradition around here, so we can’t wait to see what you come up with this time.

Second, let us know what questions you still have about the plot of the Harry Potter series. What characters or plot points do you want to know more about? What do you want to know about the future of the characters?

And last, tell us about your most vivid and lasting memories from this tremendous year. It’s been a big one for all of us and your answers are going to frame up next year’s discussions. We want to get a sense of what’s on your minds. So give us a ring and leave us a voicemail at:

Skype name: PotterCast
Call (U.S.): 1.702.42.53259 (1.702.42.LEAKY)
U.K.: 020.7193.2872
Or send us an email with your (recorded audio!) thought at [email protected]

Thanks, guys!

27 Responses to Your thoughts wanted for our year-end PotterCasts

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm. Strange questions you’re asking of us there Melissa, if I didn’t know better I’d think you were planning on having someone on the show who could answer those questions.

Avatar Image says:

How come Sirius didn’t become a werewolf after being mangled by werewolf Lupin in POA? Was it because Sirius was already an animagus dog? I thought if you were bitten by a werewolf, you became a werewolf. That’s one question that always pops up in my mind. But maybe it was answered in the book and I’ve just forgotten. It’s been awhile since I’ve read the book, whereas I’ve seen the movie like a zillion times.

Avatar Image says:

What is the exact function of a rubber duck?

lol! heee

Hmmm.. but seriously? I don’t off the top of my head.. will have to think on it

Avatar Image says:

Interesting thing to ask of us, indeed…

Avatar Image says:

Not so strange. It’s been a big year. Hmmm. I have to think about these. Can’t wait to hear the end of year stuff, PC!!! Melissa will you be on this one?

U.K.: 020.7193.2872

...And don’t forget the plus!

(Well, someone had to say it. Of course, I think the plus-joke has finally died. Rest in Peace, little plus.)

Avatar Image says:

Oh, Nimbus. LOL. We wish. :)

Avatar Image says:

THIS YEAR HAS BEEN THE BEST YEAR IN HARRY POTTER HISTORY!!!! can’t wait for the end of year potter cast!!! will be awesome!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, Melissa. That IS a lot to work on. I, like Nimbus, think maybe y’all have something (or someone) “special” coming on. Who knows, right? Anyway, that’s a lot to “chew” on. So many questions, so many books, so much good stuff….....and too little time! Are you going to “break this up”, maybe? Melissa, you and “the TLC gang” are wonderful, and I can’t wait. (you ARE going to be there, Right?) Wouldn’t be the same without you! Still great, but not “the same”!

Avatar Image says:

My question is why didn’t Dumbledore leave instruction in his will for his wand to be snapped in half, then that would have been an end to the Elder Wand. I realise, however, it would also have meant no story.

Avatar Image says:

I heard J.K. Rowling listens to Pottercast!

Avatar Image says:

OK people, please dont’ get carried away and then find yourselves sorely disappointed with our holiday shows!! We asked you for several things, the way we sometimes do. The last we heard, Jo does not listen to podcasts, any of them. Should we ever be lucky enough to have her on the show you will know at the very first moment we can tell you. Until that happy day, chill out and don’t read into this benign request. We just are testing out some ideas for format for the next year, and want to end the year leading into them with this. We don’t tell you what that format is, right now, because, well, it’s not done. Everyone relax. :)

Avatar Image says:

When do you want our voicemails/e-mails in by? At least by the last week of December right? It’s so odd to think that all this HP madness and amazingness has all gone by and we’re already approaching the end of 2007. Please keep up the amazing job you guys do at both Leaky and PotterCast. I’ve been listening to PotterCast since day one and It’s always made my day better and always has made me feel a part of the fandom. I love you guys!! I’ll certainly be sending in a voicemail very soon! HUGS!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think after the Bit by Bit of Deathly Hallows, I’d love to hear some really in-depth discussions on the characters. Not one of them is without flaws, so I think there is a lot of room for some great talk.

Scribby 5 has really hit its stride lately. It is very genuine sounding and really entices me to read the essays being discussed. Perhaps some in-depth essay discussions, too?

Avatar Image says:

Holy cow! You’ve got Dumbledore on the show, don’t you, Melissa? Don’t you?

Avatar Image says:

Why yes, Bandersnatch! Why yes, we do! LOL.

Avatar Image says:

I would like to get a filk in for that show, but I don’t know where to find music or backing tracks online. Please help! Is there a thread in the forums, and can anyone direct me to a site online? I’ve already done the words, just need the music!

Avatar Image says:

Message recieved and understood. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Avatar Image says:

A fantastic year, I wait eagerly for potterCast to be released every week. I usually can answer lots of questions ,there again I can ask about each and every chapter much of which has an inspitation about real life too !....Flittwick:)

Avatar Image says:

Absolutely, Gottaloveluna! Melissa and CO, some Filk would be GREAT!

Avatar Image says:

I actually love that in an hour or more of show, we get a couple of seconds or minutes of some relaxed banter. So much better that way.

Avatar Image says:

Not an answer to your questions, but…

I hope the new format next year will include Canon Conclusions/Conundrums with Steve. This is my favorite segment, and I have missed it (and Steve) the past few episodes.

Melissa, I enjoy hearing about your cat, and I hope you are back on PotterCast soon!

I’ll have to give some thought to your actual questions…

CONGRATULATIONS, POTTERCAST!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEES WITH NEVERENDING JOY

You guys have worked so hard the last two-and-a-half years: you totally deserve it! Thank you so much for all you’ve done for the fandom! Many, many hugs to all of you!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I know – this is after the fact, but I still want the answer from her: Was Draco marked during the summer between 5th and 6th year or was it after he fled Hogwarts? See, this was never ansered conclusively and until it is. I cling to my long held fantasy that Fenrir scratched his arm as a warning…

Ah, well – if only I had read this post last week. I keep missing these opportunities! Dang!

Looking forward to tomorrow,

Zarathustra

oh my word

congratulations!

Avatar Image says:

I want to know everything there is left to know about Ron and Hermione! I know, I’m obsessed, but I’m not gonna lie about it :P

Avatar Image says:

Ooooh Melissa…remember that time you lied to us? At Christmas, too…

Totally worth it, though- and we love you for it! :DDD What a pleasure- you guys continue to get exactly what you deserve for the work you do for us! Thanks forever!

Write a Reply or Comment