123

Dec 06, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Empire Magazine has just released their list of the 100 Sexiest Movie Stars, and a number of actors from the Harry Potter films have been named with this title. Joining the ranks of many popular and good looking actors from past and present, Harry Potter actors Alan Rickman (Professor Snape), Gary Oldman (Sirius Black), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) were chosen by voters to be included on the list. Empire describes a certain defining moment for Alan Rickman, who came in at 83 on the list, as his role in the “Die Hard” film saying “Ambitious, well dressed, classically educated – if he weren’t pure evil, Die Hard’s Hans Gruber would be great boyfriend material,” and goes on to say:

All the girls love a bad boy and no one does bad better than Alan Rickman. It’s the voice that does it, that and a commanding screen presence. Such is his ability to give good evil that he even makes the oily Professor Severus Snape somehow attractive.

Following at number 72, Gary Oldman makes his place on the list for giving “even the most horrific characters a sexy edge,” while Emma Watson comes in at 26 with the note: “She’s grown up well through the Harry Potter movies from bushy haired child to confident, elegant young woman.”

Finally, they say of Dan Radcliffe, who placed at number 23 in the rankings:

It seems like only yesterday that young master Potter first walked into Hogwarts, now he’s getting his kit off in the West End – how soon they grow up. Having developed into a confident and fine-looking young actor, Radcliffe’s future looks very bright indeed.

45 Responses to Empire Names Rickman, Oldman, Watson, and Radcliffe Among 100 Sexiest Movie Stars

Avatar Image says:

You can tell we’re coming to the end of the year…another silly list from the media and more to come!

Avatar Image says:

Oh I couldnt agree more with them – Alan is so handsome as Snape and the way he demands attention makes me swoon for more and I never want him to leave the scene. Gray Oldman, Daniel and Emma are very attractive as well congratulations to all 4 sexy potter people!

Avatar Image says:

hey what happen to rupert!!! i think rupert should be in the list!!! he is one of the hottest guy out there!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Congrats to all, they are all quite stunning in their own way. Agree MIA, wish Rups had made the list.

Additionally, I am totally offended on Sue’s behalf – HELLO? Jason Isaacs? Let’s be honest, that man is hot! :)

Avatar Image says:

I love the end of the year lists! Dan is almost always on them somewheres, and the papparazzi are simply not doing their job lol. This one is especially nice as I have never noticed Empire to have stuff on HP. I don’t think they ever have made a cover, except for Dumbledore, so i don’t buy it. (read/skim it yes, buy, no). As well, as they said, it was open to all and that’s why all these old/dead icons made the list, so that makes these four HP actors accomplishment even more significant to my eyes. Whoohoo, go Dan, Emma, Alan and Gary!

Avatar Image says:

What?wait, are you kidding me? wheres rupert at?!

Avatar Image says:

This list alone is giving me a good reason to move from the States to England! They are all REALLY attractive and deserve to be on this list. Go team!

Avatar Image says:

I am not one of those people who say Rupert should be on every list that Dan is on but I am Partial to red heads so I am putting Rupert on my sexiest movie stars list. Dan you have a place on my list too!

Avatar Image says:

What’s this? No Jason Isaacs …hmmf ;) goes back to actual work now sorry, just had to get that out of my system :)

Avatar Image says:

WHAT ABOUT JASON? He’s the sexiest in HP… hell, he’s one of the sexiest EVER! Booh list people!

Nice to see Daniel Craig be #3, and Hugh Jackman @ #15. :D

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is sexy. That is all.

Avatar Image says:

I’m loving Alan Rickman on the list and Gary Oldman, but yeah I was the same way, where in the world is Jason Isaacs? They need more input on that list.

Where is Jason?

And Emma is cute but isn’t she only 16? Regardless, she seems a bit young for this particular list.

Avatar Image says:

psh! where’s Tom Felton?!! where? where?!!

_

Avatar Image says:

GARY IS SEXY!!!!!!!!!!! Alan is too!!!

But what about Jason Isaacs? I think Mister Evil himself deserves a place in it.. even if it was nr. 100!!!

Avatar Image says:

Sexy yes. Glad to see the lovely Allan Rickman and the always adorable Dan made the list. Gary Oldman is OK but what about Lucious Lucius. Jason Isaacs belongs on this list as well.

Avatar Image says:

OH, COME ON PEOPLE. I can’t believe what I’m reading here.

The whole idea of the 100 Sexiest ANYTHING is ludicrous. There will be at least a half-dozen more of these stupid lists before too long. How old do you have to be to get on this list anyway? Did Dakota Fanning make it as well? This is NONSENSE.

Personally, I’m holding out for the “100 Sexiest Farm Animals”. Now that should generate a lot of discussion! Hey Aberforth, where are you?

Avatar Image says:

Good choices, but I agree, leaving out Jason Isaacs is just rediculous… well he’s definitely my #1 ;)

Avatar Image says:

Yaaaaaaaayyyyy ! Congrats to all the HP actors/actresses who made it :) And Congrats to everyone whi didn’t :)

Avatar Image says:

Four HP stars on the 100 sexiest movie actors! And this list seems to be an all time list cause I see some dead people there. lol. Dan deserves that 23rd spot although If I had my way, he’d be on the top 10. But still, an 18 year old on a sexy list is impressive. I don’t think Emma Watson should be on the top 50 however. They didn’t even list her “sexiest moment” cause frankly, she still has none! It’s all coming in the next movies. Gah!

But I guess those who voted for Dan, automatically voted for Emma too. Pity they didn’t include Rupert. And hey, how about Jason Isaacs?

Avatar Image says:

Congrats Dan on that #23 spot. I think this is an all time sexiest actors list cause I see some dead dudes included there. And if we count only the males, then DanRad is actually the #11 sexiest actor for al time. Congrats to Emma too eventhough #26 is way high up a number for her. But maybe those who voted for Dan also voted for Emma.

And Colin Farrel wasn’t included there so maybe the Rupertfans shouldn’t sourgrapes too much. Even Zac Efron was at the bottom of the list and he was just declared the hottest teen today by Teen magazine. This Empire list is a comprehensive list for both male and female, young and old, even the dead so the competition is pretty fierce.

Avatar Image says:

It SO nice to see a non HP related media recognise Dan, Emma ,Gary and Alan. Empire usually ignores anything HP related. Bravo ! for making the list -all of you! You SO deserve it!

Ruperts got OWNED….

Avatar Image says:

Love the list, I think by now some people shold get use to it and stop complaining for NO reason at all, regular people don’t find all HP actors attractive, and I’m glad this list was not psoted in any HP site, this shows that people not affiliated to the HP are voting for who they think are the hotties and they are getting the right hotties, Dan, Alan and Rickman!!

Avatar Image says:

Uh, Jazzie, I wouldn’t vote for Emma as one of the sexiest people just because I would vote for Dan. I’d place my vote on Keanu Reeves or some other hottie GUY. Girl-wise, it would go to Monica Belluci. People voted for the actors/actresses they thought were sexy-be they icons of the past or present. Empire put no restrictions on who people could nominate. Regarding Emma, she is 17, of age in the UK. She is not considered a child there, so she is fair game here. Also, why should the trio be considered a trio for life, or anything? They are individuals, not triplets, and should be judged on their individual merits, as they are outside the HP sites. Yeesh.

Avatar Image says:

Why are people commenting on who isn’t on the list? If you wanted someone on the list you should have voted for them. The voting has been going on for over a month on the Empire magazine website. Other actors not making it into the top 100 obviously didn’t get enough votes. It’s all about the numbers! And Empire do feature Potter covers and do features too. Although I have to say, the top ten – Eva Green is so not going to be there next year.

Avatar Image says:

These lists are stupid anyway. Not that Dan and Emma don´t deserve any praise they get, they are lovely, handsome people, but Dan on the list of the sexiest while Rupert is not one there? I know, not everyone is fond of red-heads, but from what I can see, Rupert has got a lot of female fans who think he is very attractive. Nonetheless, he is not to be found on the list. Just because WB shunts the character of Ron and subsequently Rupert in the movies and in their promotion aside. What a pity. That just makes this list a joke. They are obviously superficial and don´t look deeper into it.

I adore Alan Rickman. He is a fantastic actor, one of the best. But one of the sexiest? While men like Jason Isaacs or Colin Ferrel are not on the list? Come on: this IS a joke. A stupid joke. Dan, Rupert, Emma, Alan and Gary are adorable not because they are on some freaking stupid list. They are adorable because they just are. I love them all, so I rather forget about any lists. LoL Can´t we fans decide for ourselves who we find sexy and attractive? I think we can. :)

Avatar Image says:

I’d have had Rupert on there, along with Alfie Enoch and Jason Isaacs – the three best looking HP guys in my humble opinion. For the HP ladies I’d have had (in addition to Emma Watson), Emma Thompson, Helena Bonham Carter, Katie Leung and Nat Tena.

Hmm, anyone else not sure about to this new look comments page?

Avatar Image says:

D-E-A-D people are on this list!

Do you understand that? DEAD PEOPLE!

Leaky fans, why are we even talking about this?

Avatar Image says:

Love to read comments from soar fans complaining why her/his actor is not on the list…very entertaining hahahahaha!!

Avatar Image says:

I agree Voldy_M, it is hilarious to read.

To Accio_HP7, why should the fact that Rupert is not on the list make this list a joke? It has nothing to do with the WB.It has nothing to do with being a redhead. It does have to do with being considered sexy. As people have been pointing out, there are DEAD people on the list lol. It’s not like they are in the news all the time. Empire requested people nominate their sexiest movie stars and that’s what they got. If old and dead people got on this list, that makes this list even more unbiased and different than any other I can think of. Just because the majority of the voters thought other people were more sexy than your vote doesn’t make the poll any less valid. That’s stupid.

Tom Felton???? RUPERT???

RUPERT IS SO MUCH SEXIER THAN DANIEL!!!!

Avatar Image says:

That is why I find a these lists to be ridiculous. Not because Rupert isn’t in it, but because it sets an standard on what ‘most’ people consider to be sexy and attractive. I agree with Accio_HP7, why can’t we decide for ourselves which actors we consider to be sexy? Look at how materialistic the industry has become.

Avatar Image says:

I think you guys are taking this a little bit too seriously, it’s just supposed to be a bit of fun!

“That is why I find a these lists to be ridiculous. Not because Rupert isn’t in it, but because it sets an standard on what ‘most’ people consider to be sexy and attractive.”

You should head over to the Empire site and see the variety of people that appear on the list, Isabel. There is no standard. I don’t think the same people find Brad Pitt and Alan Rickman sexy or sexy for the same reasons.

To be honest, I’m surprised that any of the younger HP stars appeared on this list at all, considering the majority of Empire’s readership has well passed the teenage years….it’s a bit pervy really!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I just laughed when I saw Emma Watson at #23, and for “sexiest moment” they had nothing. I could just imagine all the starlets who weren’t on the list trying to think what they did wrong.

Avatar Image says:

Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson have nothing to do in that list. Being sexy is not just being good looking (and personally I don’t Think Radcliffe is) is about a lot off things, wich neither have, or at least haven’t prove

Avatar Image says:

Gael Garcia Bernal should have been so much higher up.

Avatar Image says:

Emma Watson is too young!, I know that’s right. I’m just happy that James McAvoy’s on there, along with Gerard Butler (!); I’m a big fan. But I do think that Emma and Dan are too young for the list, because they haven’t had sexy moments in film yet (well, maybe Dan did in “December Boys,” but I didn’t see it; but Emma definitely hasn’t). So I’m happy Rupert isn’t on here or Tom or HP’s other young actors, because it wouldn’t be accurate.

Avatar Image says:

You guys are nuts. Rupert Grint is FUGLY. You’d have to pay me to kiss him. I don’t like Jessica Alba. Isaacs should have replaced her. All-in-all, good list though.

Avatar Image says:

It would have been interesting to see the lists of the top 100 of each sex, but we’ll be seeing those lists anyways , just from other sources. It would be different anyways just having the source of the poll being in the UK or the US or China lol. I don’t know how people can say Emma doesn’t belong on the list now that everybody has seen all those recent pics of hers. She is definitely not a little girl, just as Dan isn’t a little boy. They have both grown up so wonderfully and the camera just loves them.

Avatar Image says:

I think Voldy got it right, just because you’re fav star is not on the list it doesn’t make it ridiculous, actually it makes you guys ridiculous, because you are complaining that Rupert is not on the list, but you don’t understand why he was NOT in this list, if you don’t know then let me refresh that for you, Rupert IS NOT ON THE LIST BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE FINDS HIM ATTRACTIVE, SEXY OR SO, and if I’m not mistaken this list was NOT posted here or in any other HP site, so this list is even more bias and valid because the HP fans were NOT involve, most of the voters were Empire readers.

Now Rupert fans are complaining that not only good looks should count to call someone sexy, and you guys are right, but on the same token Dan and Emma have not only looks to make them sexy, sexy is also been smart, sexy is also know how to carry a conversation, sexy is also the way you dress, sexy is also you’re attitude as a person, and Dan and Emma have those qualities.

As an older fans I don’t fancy the young boys, because they are 10 years my senior but I see a lot of things in Dan that people finds attractive not just because he is handsome or good looking guy but the way he carries himself as a young person with an old soul. On Rupert’s case he is more layback and that is a quality that most young girls love but not older woman, I cannot fancy a guy that dresses like Rupert (nothing wrong with it but too layback) most of the older girls that visit Empire like proper guys, with good manners, self assurance, have great sense on style and that can be funny and can have a nice adult conversations, which are the qualities that Dan has and not Rupert, I think Rupert personality goes more for the young teen girls than older girls in their 20s,30s or even 40s, not to say also that he doesn’t have fans that are that old, but I don’t think they are a lot.

Avatar Image says:

maybe rupert’s not on there cuz he hasn’t been showing up in any other works than HP5 (in wihich he didn’t have much screen time =[ ... ) this year…

Avatar Image says:

Bravo Ortensy! Rupert’s not on this list for the simple reason that few to none at all voted for him. Transaltion – few to none at all(of the Empire’s readers) think he’s sexy. period.

And what’s wrong with being not sexy? or not good looking? Not everyone can be Mr. or Ms. Universe. Rupert’s just fine in his casual, ordinary looks. And his fans love his quiet, average persona. Makes him more approachable and more human. He’d win in some huggable sidekick or loyal friend list – just not on any hot and sexy list.

Avatar Image says:

good choices,but i must agree:no rupert,no jason?what’s up with that?

Avatar Image says:

Yes! None other than our very own Alan Rickman! Mr. Rickman really deserves to be up there, and I woul have to agree with Gary Oldman as well. They are excellent actors, not to mention sexy.

But, I ask you, Where is JASON ISAAC and TOM FELTON! Don’t forget the Malfoys!

Write a Reply or Comment