Biography Channel To Air Special on “Harry Potter Kids”

123

Dec 07, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The Biography Channel will be airing a special documentary called “The Harry Potter Kids” which profiles actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger). The cable channel website describes this program as:

They were virtually unknown when they were cast in the first Harry Potter movie in 2000, but Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint have since become worldwide stars. When Radcliffe won the coveted role as Harry in The Sorcerer’s Stone, he was plucked from almost compete obscurity. Grint was a fan of the books and wanted a part in the films so much that he sent a video of himself rapping about how much he wanted the role. Watson was just 11 and had almost no acting experience when the film was released. Today, all the Potter kids are grown, especially Watson, who has been named one of the world’s sexiest women by the magazine “FHM”.

George Beahm, who wrote several unofficial books on the Harry Potter series , is among those interviewed for the program which will be broadcast on the Biography Channel December 19 at 9:00pm (ET) then again on December 20 at 1:00 am (ET). Anyone who can capture video, please send it in! Thanks George!

18 Responses to Biography Channel To Air Special on “Harry Potter Kids”

Avatar Image says:

This should be an interesting show. But for the wider tabloid world, not as scandalous as other young actors. To the great credit of the producers and families and especially the trio themselves, they have not gone the way of Lindsey Lohan or Brittney Spears. This fact still amazes me. For having been so young when the series started they have all remained quite grounded and even humble in their celebrity.

Avatar Image says:

I would not have said that appearing in “Tailor of Panama” and “David Copperfield” could be described “complete obscurity”. Of the trio, Dan was the only one with screen experience.

Avatar Image says:

I suppose in the US, they would not have seen Dan yet in Copperfield and he had just finished filming a minor role in Tailor, so I suppose “almost complete obscurity” probably would have made sense. Can’t wait to see this.

Avatar Image says:

This sounds interesting. I hope someone can capture it.

Yeah, they so far have turned out to seem to be great kids and I have a feeling that won’t change. They all seem very grounded. Thank goodness.

Avatar Image says:

When I saw the first film, I was amazed at how good these three actors were in their respective roles. Now, years later, with the perspective of time, we’ve seen them grow up and grow into their roles, and come to own those roles.

I imagine Daniel Radcliffe - now a veteran actor - has a good bit of empathy for young Dakota Blue Richards, who finds herself in the same situation Daniel was in when the first Harry Potter movie was being shot: The weight of the entire franchises really rests on the interpretation that Daniel (and now Dakota) bring to bear, because their respective movies center on them.

Happily, all three of the Harry Potter actors (and Dakota Blue Richards, as well) seem to have avoided the lifestyle pitfalls that have plagued their American counterparts like Britney and Lindsay, who have shown us what happens when one loses perspective.

Daniel, Rupert, and Emma have done great jobs in portraying their respective characters, and I look forward not only to their new films to come but this particular biography, so we can go back to the beginning of their careers and reflect on their growth.

From the Biography Channel blurb:

I’m sorry, but I find that sad. It’s as if Emma’s worth as an adult is defined by her sexuality. Bad form, Biography Channel, for buying into the Hollywood bottom line.

Avatar Image says:

“They have not gone the way of Lindsey Lohan or Brittney Spears.” I am glad the Harry Potter trio didn’t turn like Lindsey or Brittney. I have give kudos to the producers and to their families, but I think you guys kinda over react that all young American actors/actress will turn out a mess. Look at Dakota Fanning she is 13 yrs old and is doing very well. Hasn’t had any problems except controversy with her movie “Hound Dog” (rape scene). Drew Barrymore had problems when she was young but she got out fine. Now a great actress and producer. Jodie Foster turned out great; a Oscar winner and successful acting career. Brooke Shields, has done great, also didn’t have any problems except with the controversy of her movie “Pretty Baby” where she did a nude scene at age 12. Sorry for being off topic. Lately have been reading how some people including Dan and Emma seem to assume that alot of young American Actors/Actress will turn into a mess. I had to get this rant out.

Avatar Image says:

What channel in canada, Ontario ( Rogers digital box) is the Biography Channel?

Avatar Image says:

I think that A&E plays it in Canada. You should be able to find that in your tv listings. Possibly channel 31? It might depend on where you live. Hope this helps from one Canadian HP fan to another!

Avatar Image says:

Bandersnatch: I agree with that. It really peeved me and lowered the credibility of this documentary a lot. Plus she is not even eighteen. Still underage! Creepy much?

Avatar Image says:

thanks :D A&E? okayyy, im eastern time!!!

Avatar Image says:

So will this documentary be aired on A&E in the States? Not sure if the A&E in the US and Canada are the same. If anyone could clarify, it would be most appreciated! :)

Avatar Image says:

Actually, Dakota Blue Richards was sent to visit Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson to get their advice on what’s about to happen to her. They’re the old veterans now!

You know, that original casting job on the first movie may have been the best in the history of movies.

oj;oijiojihjuiguyjyjtfgcd

cool, can’t wait

A clarification:

If you check out the LINK, it will take you to the “Biography channel.” This is a cable station and is affiliated with A&E, but it is not - I repeat, NOT - airing on A&E, which is running “CSI Miami” in that timeslot.

As it turned out, I don’t get the station myself, and in order to do so I had to upgrade to a “digital” package that added 100 more stations to my TV. So I hope to self-install the package in time to watch this event.

They interviewed me for two hours in Los Angeles, but I expect they’ll just run a few minutes total, here and there. Which is fine with me as I’d like to hear what Radcliffe, Grint, and Watson have to say. (I should add that Stan Goldin of Whimsic Alley fame was also present, but they ran out of time and couldn’t get his wonderful comments about the three film stars.

For those of you who don’t get the Biography Channel, I’m sure someone will record it and post it on YouTube.

Vou jogar Harry Potter xau

Avatar Image says:

will someone please make sure to capture this and post it on the internet when it airs?

Write a Reply or Comment