J. K. Rowling Receives ‘Woman in Film and Television’ Honor

111

Dec 07, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling was honored this past afternoon at the 17th Annual Women in Film and Television Awards held in London, England. The event, which took place over lunch today, ‘recognizes the contribution of women in the U.K. film and TV industries’ and seeks to support the interests, status, and diversity of women in those industries. Variety is reporting Ms. Rowling received the Script Award, which was sponsored by the U.K. Film Council.

Images are now also online from the event courtesy of Getty. You can now see a few photos of actress Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), who was in attendance at the event, here.

Congratulations Jo!

Thanks to radcakesfan for mailing!

14 Responses to J. K. Rowling Receives ‘Woman in Film and Television’ Honor

Avatar Image says:

Very good Jo. I am proud of you keep up with the hard work.

Avatar Image says:

Well done Jo :) Does anyone know if she actually attended the event?

Avatar Image says:

That a good question Amy S, i would like to know that too, and i wonder if that picture was taken in the event or is just a regular Photo.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Jo! You absolutely deserve every award in my humble opinion :-) This seems like an early Christmas present for you.

Avatar Image says:

She must have collected hundred of awards by now… Congratulations mrs Rowling!

Avatar Image says:

Well -she deserves it. She has created a wonderful thing of which she should be justly proud. I find the updating of her site today very amusing; she can’t go “cold turkey” from the world of Potter yet can she ?

Avatar Image says:

Yay Jo! Congratulations; you totally deserve it!

Avatar Image says:

Aww, Evanna looks adorable!!! And Simon Cowell… swoons I have a rediculous crush on him. O:)

I guess Jo wasn’t there, since there aren’t any pictures of her?

Way to go Jo!

Avatar Image says:

Well done Jo! That’s it! CONGRATULATIONS. You realyl deserve it, you’re the most creative person I know. However, you’re #1!

Aww I guess she wasn’t there =( But oh well. Congratulations Jo _

I am sosososo excited about the documentary. Excepting Deathly Hallows [and possibly getting into university…], this is going to make my year =D

WOOOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS JO!!!

Avatar Image says:

has nobody pointed out tho that Jo works for neither tv nor film, im not sure actually what she won this award for and whao how long is evanna’s hair?

Avatar Image says:

Well, her books were turned into a movie and she co-worked on the script, and that’s what she won for. I think that’s what they meant.

Write a Reply or Comment