“Order of the Phoenix” Gets Into ‘Second Life’

263

Jun 26, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

SCI Fi Wire reports the online 3D virtual world created by its users, Second Life, is teaming up with IMAX for the release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix to give their users exclusive access to IMAX Harry Potter content. In the Second Life virtual world, users will be able to get promotional material and other sneak peeks from the film. From the article:

IMAX will work with “virtual street teams” in Second Life, known as “buzz agents’ from July 9 through July 16 to give away virtual rewards, including IMAX T-shirts, IMAX 3-D glasses and IMAX director’s chairs.

The company will also offer tickets to IMAX theaters to see the movie.

Residents of Second Life will be able to visit a virtual IMAX office to view the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix trailer, receive various promotional items and learn more about the latest movie releases in IMAX theaters.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released in theaters and IMAX on July 11.

10 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” Gets Into ‘Second Life’

Avatar Image says:

Veryyyy cool ! ^^

Avatar Image says:

man I’m so going to the IMAX 2 watch HP ootf I just can’t wait any longer!!!

Avatar Image says:

any1 lookin at dis watch newsround now!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

My sister is a member of that site! So wooohoo!!! hehe

Avatar Image says:

That’s pretty funny! I have a Second Life account.

Avatar Image says:

Yknow, I was just waiting for something like this! Glad I joined months ago!

Avatar Image says:

Okay i thought this was about the actually Harry potter sim on Second Life. I am part of a group that created a Harry Potter sim which includes Hogwarts and the alley (with the leaky cauldron which i run). But this is cool too. But if you are on Second Life come visit us!

Avatar Image says:

Well darn, I thought this was an actual sim based on Harry Potter. But any official Harry Potter online presense would likely come from EA. And…they’re not known for their strong online offerings.

I’ll check out your sim, MissPhoenix. There’s just not a lot of Potter in SL, so I look forward to it. :)

Avatar Image says:

Hey, found the second life location for the promotion.

Pretty Lame if you ask me, IMAX really blew it big time. No Harry Potter freebies, you do get some cool in world version of the IMAX 3D glasses, but they come with an annoying overhead advertisment for the movie, Like I want to be a walking billboard. Hope IMAX gets a refund for whoever set this up for them.

Laters.

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: I was not impressed...

Write a Reply or Comment