EA Launches “Wizarding Widget”

117

Jun 27, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

EA, the makers of the Harry Potter video games, have now launched a very cool Wizarding Widget that you can add to your own blog or website. This widget contains three mini-games so far (Gobstones, Potions and Charms) as well as a token room,and a way to collect special content by beating other scores and the like. For more about this widget, click here.

As this editor can attest, the very exciting Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix video game is now available for purchase at retailers everywhere and via our Cauldron Shop.

15 Responses to EA Launches “Wizarding Widget”

Avatar Image says:

Woo Hoo! After searching all over today, I finally found someone who had received the game in a shipment today! I can hardly wait until everyone gives up evening TV and goes to bed so I can play!

Avatar Image says:

Bought mine today on PS2..have to work tomorrow. so when I get off.. I will read the book, then turn it on and probably never get off of it.. yeah!!! can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

I hate you, Gamestop…you won’t be getting the game in until tomorrow cries

Anyway, have fun playing the game, guys!

Avatar Image says:

I got mine for the wii at gamestop today but I had to wait until my 6 hour work shift was over to play it, that was tough! Its amazing though, so fun and the castle is HUGE!!

Avatar Image says:

have u checked out the widgets yet? i’m downloading it now – haven’t played it yet…

let u all know how it goes…

Avatar Image says:

So this isnt working for me it gets to where you choose your country and then just sits there. Any hints?

Avatar Image says:

I am angry… I went to Walmart and Target and neither had the game! They didn’t have it on ANY platform! :((

Avatar Image says:

P.S. What is the point of having an option to “Remember Name and Email address?” if it won’t work…. hint ;-) hint

Avatar Image says:

this is the first time i’ll be playing a harry potter game? are they any good?

Avatar Image says:

I bought it for xbox 360 yesterday morning (6/26) at Game Stop. So far, I love the game!! It’s cool to hear some of the actors voice their characters.

Avatar Image says:

I got mine about five hours ago, for my Wii!! I love it. I played “Wizard’s Chess”!!! It’s really fun. It’s not the one to get to Quirrell. Just a regular size. The Wiimote as your wand is great. It feels so real. It’s a bit tricky at first, but you get the hang of it after a few minutes of playing. Sirius teaches you how to cast spells, to help clean up at Number twelve, Grimmauld Place. Get the game and have fun with it. I give it five stars. :)

Avatar Image says:

DID ANYONE KNOWS IF THE GAME IS UP TO DOWNLOAD FROM uTorrent???I want it now.I’m from a different country and it is not is stock until July 1st(cries)and I want it now…...please…could someone tell me?

Avatar Image says:

yea i got it yesterday for my ps2 and i beat it 6 hours later…..dont get me wrong it was by far the best game of em all but it was short if u play it through to the end….ill probably try it on hard todaycuz i have no life)

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, Walmart does not have it for PC – and the sales clerk gives me this “Well, it comes in by FedEx, I have no idea when. Could be days from now!”

Grrrrrr – tomorrow is my birthday, and my husband was going to give it to me – but we cannot find it anywhere! We live in a relatively small town, so our choices are not exactly limitless!

Avatar Image says:

do not get the game . . . it was terrible. Sure Hogwarts is the best feature of the game but that’s it. Gameplay is horrible. Beat it in 4 hours. If you put yourself in the shoes of someone who’s never read the book, then you would be pretty lost story wise. Basically, EA accomplished recreating Hogwarts with this game. Nothing more. It’s like a beta testing version for games 6 and 7. Next time EA, make the Potter world explorable: like Hogsmeade, Ministry, Privet Drive, Chamber of Secrets, Diagon Alley, St. Mungo’s, etc.

All-in-all, this game was a great disappointment. Next time that there’s a hype like this . . . wait a few days for reviews to start cropping up online. Rent, DONT BUY!

Write a Reply or Comment