PotterCast in San Francisco Today

Jun 29, 2007

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Hey Frisco – just kidding! We know not to call you that. We’ll just call you San Fran instead. Just kidding again. Anyway, the PotterCast Tour hits San Francisco (“the city,” eh? City of snakes? No? OK) later today – 5 p.m. Pacific time – at the Borders in Stonestown – 233 Winston Drive, San Francisco, CA, 94132. We will see you there! For the rest of our tour dates, blogs, videos, etc., check out PotterCast.com.

15 Responses to PotterCast in San Francisco Today

Avatar Image says:

I just saw the movie!!!!! Yesterday Myspace had a special showing for myspace fans. It only showed in about 8 theatres around the country, so I was amazed that I got a ticket. We stood in line for 7 hours, but it was worth it. Everything you have heard about this is true. It is really the best movie by far. I won’t spoil it for you all, but this one did have more script from the book than any of the others. Yes, there wasn’t some of my favorite parts in there, but the movie really got into the heart of the book. The ending of the last one really left me upset that they cut the last important chapters out. This one, while it was still too short, didn’t leave out the emotion between Harry and Sirius and Harry and Dumbledore. And Ginny looked fantastic, her role was very understated, but the fans will really appreciate the nuances between her and Harry. And the ending included everything that was important to include. (I don’t want to say to much here) I’m just so happy that I got to see it. I’m taking about 100 kids to see the midnight show and I can’t wait to see it again. POTTER ROCKS!!!

Avatar Image says:

You’re local, but I’m working and traffic up to the city is horrid on Friday afternoons/evenings and the train would get me there too late as well. )o= Oh well.

Avatar Image says:

Oh I so wish I could go to this! I only live an hour away but I’m busy :( There’s going to be more chances for me to meet the Pottercasters in the future, right? :)

Avatar Image says:

Whoo Hoo, can’t wait !!! See you there. And YES! it is THE CITY!!! You won’t be disappointed. I’m coming up from the south bay and another Leakster from beautiful Monterey (who is also joining me in England and Scotland for the book release) is coming too. I think we will hit Chipoltle’s for a quick bite on the way up just to get in the mood!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yes, it is “The City”. By the Bay. I left my heart, etc. See you soon!

Avatar Image says:

who’s the Eddie Izzard fan????

Avatar Image says:

Great Job Melissa on the Eddie Izzard references!! I love Eddie!!

Avatar Image says:

I love all pottercasts, so witty and funny!

oh Professor Mimo! how great, thank you! It’s nice to hear that it’s a really good movie. Small question, did you like GOF? :)

Avatar Image says:

Squibby, Yes, I really liked all the movies. GOF was more action than dialog, but that’s how it should be. I think the fans are really going to like this one, there are some amazing interactions going on. :-)

Avatar Image says:

Wish I could come to the podcast today. I’ve been sitting in line since 7:40 this morning outside of the Apple store in Valley Fair (Santa Clara, CA) so I can get my iPhone. I’ve got another 5 to 6 hours to wait. Have fun. I’m sure it will be a great PotterCast event.

New OOTP review!

They slam the movie because it’s all plot and not any fun, but everything they said actually made me extremely happy!

Avatar Image says:

I wish I could be there. But I work downtown until 5:30, and even if I could get off early, you’re going to be out in the boonies.

Hey Pottercast Trio!

I listen to you guys all the time, love Leaky, and live in SF! Unfortunately, i had to go out of town and am going to miss it! I’m so bummed! Have a great show, and enjoy the hell out of the city that I love! I hear the weather is gorgeous there today! Go and get some Irish Coffees down at the Buena Vista by Giradelli Square. They are the best!

XOXO,

ShoSho (aka Katelyn)

Avatar Image says:

I’m SO going to cry! I’ve been wanting to meet Melissa & Co. for years now, and now that they’re just an hour away, I CAN’T GO!!!

Maybe next time?

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: I recorded this...

Write a Reply or Comment