First Video of Printed “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” Books (Updated)

112

Jun 30, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The Today Show has now aired the first official video of the final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, being printed and packed away in boxes. Released from US publishers Scholastic, you can watch this video of the books being printed in machines, and then sealed in shipping boxes with the words printed on the sides in bold DO NOT OPEN UNTIL JULY 21, 2007, via this link (click on the side under the video where it says “Harry Potter and the Mystery Question” -click the Launch button).

Also the network is asking a mystery question about Harry Potter each day, and intriguingly, Scholastic editor Arthur Levine is shown asking a question about the role of Pettigrew and his wizard debt in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.” The video from the Today Show segment which shows the first books being printed can now be seen right here in our Video Galleries.

32 Responses to First Video of Printed “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” Books (Updated)

First?

Oh, well.

Screw it.

SQUEEEEEE

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

FREAKING EXCITED! MORE MORE MORE!

Avatar Image says:

As ” bad ” as I have thought he was all along. He could well actually be working for the OOTP and Dumbledore[with the hugh help of Lilly Potter’s ] ] plan! JKR has said there will be twists and this could well be one of them. it is an interesting though anyway.

Also, he could just realise that Harry IS his only hope.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness!!! Just knowing that the final installment of the series was just in front of my eyes (albeit in boxes). It is getting so close!! When are bookstores going to have the books in house? Think places already have received them and that they are under lock and key?

Avatar Image says:

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMG I SWEAR I’M GOING CRAZY HERE HAHAHAHA. I’M SO WTF GLAD I RESERVED IT YESTERDAY HAHAHAHAHHAA OMGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Is the video quality as bad for everyone else as it is for me? The audio is fine, but the frame will freeze and then jump around. It’s quite frustrating to hear the sound of the presses and not getting to see the actual books. The next picture the shot jumps to is that of the do-not-open boxes. Auggghhh.

Avatar Image says:

I got chills looking at the printing press running off the pages to DH!

Someone get a hold of the book and tease us a little more. Please, please, please…...

Avatar Image says:

And I reserved it LAST DECEMBER!!!! I know, I’m crazy!

Wooooooohooooooooooo!

Avatar Image says:

It’s actually not working for me. Video won’t start itself…

Avatar Image says:

Our first footage of the last book? Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. Still, I’ll watch it anyways.

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool! Oh I can’t wait to get my hands on that book! I reserved it in February.

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm, judging by how tight the security is for the final book, I’m surprised Scholastic didn’t put time-sensitive sensors on the boxes that would sound an alarm if the boxes were opened any earlier than July 21st. At least it’s not as ridiculous as Bloomsbury putting their books in boxes chained shut with a security guard guarding it 24/7 before the release date. (Which makes sense considering someone tried to steal copies of the U.K. HBP last time, but it’s still extreme in my opinion.)

I’m hoping that I’ll get my book a bit early than Saturday, maybe Friday. Again, if I get it early, I’m keeping mum about it after I read it (I don’t have a gag order, but I do understand J.K.R. and the fans’ wishes to save the secrets until the release date). No sense in getting you guys’ collective wrath by spoiling any of the characters’ fates—if I’m unhappy with the outcome, I’ll just have to deal with it silently.

Ahem,

shall we now pray infront of the boxes, or what?

Avatar Image says:

Yes, by all means, pray in front of the boxes. Laura Mallory would LOVE that.

Avatar Image says:

okay you didn’t even SEE the books in that video what a waste

Avatar Image says:

Not that I am not thrilled to see this, but doesn’t Scholastic show this kind of thing with each new HP release? I’ll bet we will be getting advance set shots of Hagrid’s hut for HBP movie soon… :o) Can it really be July tomorrow? Holy socks: DH will be here in 20 days!!

Avatar Image says:

This was my question at the Las Vegas PotterCast last week! So Wormtail’s debt IS important….

Avatar Image says:

OH.MY.GOSH. SQUEEE! I can not wait to get my hands on one of those books! But is it me,Or could that red headed kid have possibly looked LESS like harry? LOL

Avatar Image says:

I can hear spoilers coming our way. I just know I’ll be spoiled before the release.

Avatar Image says:

This is so exciting!! I’ve only just become an HP fanatic after HBP came out, sad to say, so being like this is new to me. I just wish I had enough sense to pick up the books earlier than when I did. I would have experienced so much of the book hype that I missed out on. But I’m happy to be part of everything as we wait for the final book! Only 20 days left!!!

Avatar Image says:

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…!!!!!!!! so, so near…squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! at least you can’t really read anything from the pages…beacuse i woud have been burning my eyes by now…lol

Avatar Image says:

I have ALWAYS maintained that Peter Pettigrew is the double agent. I’ve never thought it to be Snape. I think I’d pass out if I were actually correct. And I do think that Peter’s role is important. It seems to me that if the editor of the books is asking this question, and he’s actually read the final book, Pete is important.

/can’t wait for the ride!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! I was so sure that Wormtail would not repay his debt, but now I’m not sure. But, then it could be a red herring. I don’t know!!!

Avatar Image says:

those books are beautiful. tear tear

I WANT MY BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please?

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

” It seems to me that if the editor of the books is asking this question, and he’s actually read the final book, Pete is important.”

Well, OF COURSE he’s read the book! He’s the editor!!!! It’s his job to read it and edit it!! But I don’t know, I’m sure it will come up, but the question remains: will Wormtail live long enough to repay that debt?

Avatar Image says:

Sue will be proud to know that I squeed when I saw the books!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, if I get that excited just from a glance of the book pages then Im going to squee my pants when I see the book for the first time! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

If you preorder your book online, will you have it by July 21st?? I’ve already preordered and hope I get it no later than the 21st!

Avatar Image says:

This makes me so happy! I have been jumping up and down for joy as the days until the release get fewer and fewer. Seeing the books, even though they ares still in boxes marked “Do Not Open,” just gets me even more excited.

As for the Peter Pettigrew question, I definitely think he will play a big role in book 7, but there is no way I can forgive him for what he did. To me, he’s even worse than the other Death Eaters, like Lucius Malfoy.

20 more days left, everyone!

Avatar Image says:

I figured Pettigrew would play an important role in DH; however, I hope he dies in the process. :P

Avatar Image says:

Ok, all I can do is cry now… :( This is making me so sad! I am excited, but so sad, this is it! No more! And what’s in it? I don’t want it to end!

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: Saw that show...

Write a Reply or Comment