Scotsman’s “Order of the Phoenix” Set Report and New Interview with Katie Leung

205

Jul 01, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

This Sunday’s Scotsman is featuring a new Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix set report where the Trio and director David Yates, discuss the films story, darker elements and the maturity of not only the characters, but cast as well. David Yates speaks on a number of subjects in the article, one of which being the cast he has the opportunity to direct, saying, “What’s beautiful about today is that you have a room full of, in my opinion, some of the finest actors in the world, in one scene.”

The article goes onto describe the scene during that days set visit:

And as David Thewlis and Gary Oldman pass me by, deep in conversation, while Brendan Gleeson, in full costume as the visually challenged ‘Mad Eye’ Moody, and Julie Walters loiter in the background, it’s hard to disagree.

Yet while it’s easy enough to swoop up the “crème de la crème of British acting talent” as Watson calls them – including new additions Helena Bonham Carter and Imelda Staunton – where the Potter films have played it smart is in regularly drafting in new directors. Certainly, bringing in the Mexican Alfonso Cuarón for Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, by far the darkest of the series to date, was a stroke of genius.

The Scotsman also has a new interview with actress Katie Leung (Cho Chang) where she talks more about her role in the film and her life since first playing Cho Chang in Goblet of Fire.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be in theaters July 11.

7 Responses to Scotsman’s “Order of the Phoenix” Set Report and New Interview with Katie Leung

Avatar Image says:

Actually I think Daniel thinks the same[from other interviews I’ve seen from him] about the kiss between Harry and Cho that was filmed ,that Katie “really “does.It wasn’t meant to be great or passionate kiss .I think Katie will be lured into acting in more films. It would be great to be on a set with Gary Oldman and David Thawless walking around talking.

Avatar Image says:

sorry David Thewlis. lol!

Avatar Image says:

Yes, some fans were afraid about the way they would film the kiss, but they have done it like it is described in the book, like a first kiss is. :) And they are saving the passionate kiss for Harry and Ginny in HBP. :D

Avatar Image says:

You know what I don’t like about England?

The fact that you guys can drink 3 years before we can.

Avatar Image says:

I’m always torn between my Harry Potter fan brain and my movie buff brain. The HP fan says Cuaron is a moron and was far too liberal with the text whereas the movie brain says he did an amazing job witht he series. Oh and yeah I cant wait to see the HBP kiss

Avatar Image says:

Cuaron a genius? While I did enjoy his filming techniques (lots of zoom-ins from great distances, tolling of the bells, black crows, etc.), I just can’t get over the rasta-shrunken-head thing on the Knight Bus. Totally annoying.

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: I dunno about the genius thing...

Write a Reply or Comment