“Order of the Phoenix” Breaks One Day Box Office Record (Update)

262

Jul 12, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

As we reported last night, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix had an impressive opening night with a reported 12 million dollars in ticket sales from the preview and midnight showings alone. The AP is now reporting that the film broke the Wednesday record for box office totals with $44.8 million on its first full day in theaters. This puts Order of the Phoenix in the record books with the highest grossing one day sales ever. From the article:

“In terms of box office, the law of diminishing returns does not apply to `Harry Potter.’ It seems to be getting better with age,” said Paul Dergarabedian, Media By Numbers president, who noted that the July 21 publication of the seventh and final “Harry Potter” novel likely helped drive interest in the latest film.

“It has the effect of creating even more excitement for both properties,” Dergarabedian said. “It’s a synergistic match made in heaven to have the book and movie come out within a couple weeks of each other.”

Update: We also received word from Warner Bros. this afternoon that along with breaking box office records for regular theaters, IMAX showings of the film produced record breaking levels as well. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix took in $1.9 million its first day of release, becoming the biggest IMAX opening in history. The midnight showing of the film grosses $450,000 alone, the press release reports.

Thanks to Beth and Sanjay for mailing!

105 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” Breaks One Day Box Office Record (Update)

Avatar Image says:

Yes, it is very exciting, especially for the die hard HP fans, but “synergistic match” also means ‘marketing ploy’ when you look beyond the fans’ love for all things Harry.

Avatar Image says:

True, Jblon, but let’s face it: Marketing ploys are also important, because in many ways it’s all about money. That’s where the great sets, special effects, huge numbers of famous actors, big salaries, etc. etc. all come from. All the things, in a word, which make Harry Potter bigger than life. Without the bucks, the enterprise becomes greatly reduced.

Avatar Image says:

All I want to know is when Melissa and the leaky staff are going to break their silence and actually review the film… For GOF we had everyones opinion on the film a week before it opened….

Avatar Image says:

I think the upcoming release of the Deathly Hallows brought a lot of fans out to first day showings because Harry Potter is fresh in their minds. It might have decreased sales come next weekend, but it’s hardly going to have decreased sales as I think some may have suspected from Deathly Hallows.

Avatar Image says:

That’s amazing! Ms movies don’t get $44.8 million on their opening weekend! rock on forever, HP!

Most movies**

Avatar Image says:

“synergistic match” for now, sure – but wait til next weekend when not a single die-hard fan will be seeing the movie. i think we’ll all be a bit busy, wouldn’t you agree?

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if it will get to a billion like Pirates 2 did last year I bet you the 7th one will though.

I really have a bad memory but did pottercast interview the people and visit the set. So will the interview come out soon or have they already released them and I am blind.

Avatar Image says:

ANd you know what, I’m proud to be one of those people to help out with this recording breaking.

Avatar Image says:

That’s so great. For anyone who has already seen it, don’t you think they were a little off and left just a couple things out? (sarcasm)

Avatar Image says:

Yes they sure did Victoria. Read yesterdays release on Leaky and read what we all said. Even on Mugglenet, we all agree that wayyyy too much was taken out. The important stuff. It was great, but also not. Those things taken out are major important. And Shaun by the way, I read the review that Melissa gave the New York Post last week. She agrees with most of us. It will come back to haunt them. What they took out. But I will still go see it again on Friday. I love our actors! They did great!

Avatar Image says:

YES! I was hoping it would break the record.

Avatar Image says:

As far as the movies go…your never going to get the books into a movie. Everytime I goto watch one of the HP films I tell myself to enjoy them for what they are and I enjoy myself everytime!

Avatar Image says:

i’m glad to have help contributed to that!! YAY! :)

Avatar Image says:

HERE’S MY TAKE ON THE MOVIE. POSSIBLE MOVIE SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!!

The movie wasn’t perfect, but it was great and the best so far. Daniel, Evanna, and Imelda did a great job! Ron was portrayed differently, in a good way, he wasn’t the wimp he was in the other movies, which he ISN’T in the books! Hermione’s portrayal is still not the best it could be; she’s always too peaky and looks like she’s always on the verge of tears, though there were moments (like with Grawp and in the DA) where she was awesome! I loved Harry’s line in the forest when the centaurs are taking Umbridge away… :D I thought the whole Ministry sequence and until the end of the movie was completely messed up. Sure it was very cool on film but the LEAST canon thing ever! That made me very disappointed. The Ministry’s ‘architecture’ let’s call it… the way the rooms were allocated, was STUPID! Sirius’ death was STUPID and not canon! These things they DON’T need to change from what it is on the books! Everything about getting the prophecy, Harry giving it to Malfoy! OMG! And Harry listening to it right off the shelf! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! Also, why couldn’t they just put in a circular room! Then they could AT LEAST give us a glimpse of the love room which is so important… And then, The whole sequence of Dumbledore explaining it all to Harry (well, more like Harry figuring it all out and Dumbledore saying ‘yes, you’re right’) it was OK, but NOTHING like the book…. So, overall I liked the movie a lot, only I hope that they improve for the next one on sticking to the book more, and giving characters more lines! What was up with Tonks having 2 lines! And Ginny speaks ONCE! Sir Gambon chilled down a bit but he’s still not Dumbledore, so Sir Gambon: go do some meditation or something or take some tranquilizers before you go do a take, because your portrayal is not what it should be! Dumbledore is calmed, cool and collected AT ALL TIMES, except at the end of the 6th book, but we’re not there yet my friend!

END OF SPIOLERS!!!!

So, I give the movie 4/5 stars. Great work, though there’s room for improvement. Also! I can’t believe I forgot! Props to the screen writer (Goldenberg?)! He was much better than Kloves. And direction-wise, the movie was very good. Yates will make a great 6th movie because let me tell you, this was a DAAAAARK, DAAAAARK film! I can’t wait for the 6th!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yes, there were cuts and omissions, but overall I thought they captured the spirit of the story and book WONDERFULLY. It felt so much like HP, the darkness and gloominess of the OOTP book was definitely there. It also did a fantastic job exploring many of the important themes from the book. The movie was also presented like it was a part of an over-arcing series and story, which I really liked. It leads into the next chapter beautifully.

And above all else, the acting was magnificent. Dan captured the essence of Harry perfectly.

I don’t think any of the omissions will “come back to haunt them”. As we all know, JKR let’s the filmmakers know if they are making a big omission that should be made, such as how they were gonna cut Kreacher. I don’t think anything the OOTP movie left out will end up being a problem in the future.

Overall, I thought it was an emotional, dramatic, intense film that beautifully capture the essence of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Avatar Image says:

Leaky people, please let us know what is up. I don’t think we got pottercast of site visit and cast interviews. We haven’t got a review of the movie. Hope everything is okay.

Avatar Image says:

Felipe, You are completely right, however I think Sirius’s death was portrayed in a great manor. The acting amazing, and Dan was brilliant. Except for that little thing I totally agree with you.

Avatar Image says:

hated it, but if you weren’t a die hard fan, I think it would be enjoyable, even with the abominably bad cinematography.

MY REVIEW: (this review may contain spoilers)

Fans of the books will likely find this to be the absolute worst of the movies. However, the non-readers will likely find this enjoyable but poorly done. Frankly, it’s the worst movie I’ve seen in a long time. I actually almost walked out. It starts with a yellow hued, dawn of the dead like atmosphere at the beginning of the move (complete with the requisite cheesy scenes where the actors are running from the camera and looking back over their shoulders) that I’ve hated in every B movie that used this technique. Then it moves on to the lame “is it a dream or is it really happening” film technique.

There is no magic at Hogwarts and I don’t mean no spells… Also, the students do not even once wear wizard robes…what’s that about? Further, there is an absolute lack of transitions between scenes. If you haven’t read the books then the sudden appearance of characters in some scenes makes absolute no sense and if you did read the book, you’ll be frustrated… The director did a very bad job.

I didn’t expect the movie to be a dead on retelling of the book, but I did expect the nature of the characters to be consistent. Boy was that hoped dashed! However, the actresses who played Delores Umbridge, Luna Lovegood and Nymphadora Tonks were well cast and gave excellent performances. Unfortunataly, Tonks character was underutilized and no mention or explanation of her being a manamagus was ever given.

Plus, Sirius is completely betrayed at the end when before he’s zapped – he apparently looses his mind and starts calling Harry “James” obviously this was done to add in that subtle bit of plot that Rowling worked out about Sirius feeling like he got his best friend back. But I felt it was a betrayal of both Harry and Sirius. But, maybe it explains why Harry didn’t seem too fussed about Sirius’ death after they left the department of ministries. Also, I thought the scene of Harry shouting after Dumbledore as Dumbledore ran away from him was another poor attempt to show things that Rowling did very well and in character (Standing alone in this movie, Dumbledore is an incompetent and unlikable creep).

And Hey, no need to explain why Percy Wesley pops up in the film and manhandles Harry – I think the director was right to not have mentioned his character before or to explain Percy’s actions. That way, most people won’t recognize its Percy and see what a horrid job the director did.

Snape sure is a poor looser!  In the book, he stops teaching Harry when Harry, knowing he’s doing something wrong, rudely sneakes into Snape’s  memories stored in a Pensive – Here, all Harry had to do was get one lucky look into Snape’s mind during one of their lessons and Snapey throws a tantrum and tosses Harry out.

And MAN DID THEY SCREW CHO! (and of course you’d want to make out with a new guy in front of an animated picture of your dead boyfriend, it’s just so much more romantic that way…)

Oh, and I didn’t realize Lucious Malfoy was such a better wizard then Harry.  Good thing the director made that clear.
Avatar Image says:

Is this for the us markets only, or for all the countries that had the film released on the 11th?

the first film did 93million in the first 3 days if I remeber correctly, so if thursday and friday continues, we may see 140-150million dollar first three days. seeing as if this continues to atleast friday, and with friday the beginning of the weekend tickets, the ticket sales should be good.

Debbie -

can you give me the link to the melissa review with the new york post please

Avatar Image says:

WB best be thankful, becuase once JKR kills Harry, there goes the record openings.

Avatar Image says:

Just come back from watching OOTP and…well I feel quite emotional…If this was OWL, I give it an O. Yeah, I dont care how much deviation and cuts there from our beloved books but if a film has me captivated for almost every second and shedding tears of sadness and happiness – then its has oneme over. This was the most soulfull and hence best film so far. I am so happy with this film. I cant only fault very minor elements which dont even worth mentioning. Harry is the focus of the book and the film and my god does Dan Radcliffe give it all he’s got and deliver in spades. You feel for him, his suffering, his anger and frustration as we should. I was waiting for Luna and by god she is heaven to watch as we expected. Umbridge hams it up so delightfully. Ron and Hermione serve their roles well for Harry. Theres so much more to say about the film. I love this film and it has indeed exceeded all my expectations. no, let regrade that. OUTSTANDING!!!

Avatar Image says:

Not to sound like a freak or anything, but being a Die Hard Harry fan it was kinda of my job. I found that there were 43 things left out in this film. EX.- Petunia’s Howler, Percy’s dialouge, DOBBY, The rest of the Ministry rooms, St. Mungos, and Sirius’s Mom. They made up plenty of thing- EX.- Cho ratting out the D.A., Neville finding the Room of Requirement, Connection between Voldemort and Harry, to name a few. This is my message to all screenwriters, If you’re basing off of a book, use the book as a guide line and not just what you remember. If they spent hlf as much putting in the necessary stories instead of making things it would have been so much better.

Avatar Image says:

Debbie- could you put that link up.. I looked on the post and saw a fans review by another blogger, not melissa though, im probably not looking in the right place. I just really wanted to know what melissa and sue and john thought about the film, we had immediate reactions for gof and now we dont get much… id like to know what emmerson thought too.

Personally, i thought that a lot of the stuff they cut out was practical (i.e dobby, quidditch) but could not BELIEVE they didnt include critical things like – Remember my last, or the mirror, or the fact that harry is safe when he returns to his aunt and uncles. I also thought it would have been much more dramatic for Harry to discuss the veil with luna, and perhaps talk to a ghost… (obviously clesse wasnt cast here, but still)

The horrible part here is that they could include those things easily in the film… example

before uncle vernon/petunia take dudley to the “hospital” dudley could threaten to kick harry out.. quick howler comes in and screams… about 60 seconds there…

Harry opened christmas presents at Grimmauld Place… add mirror there, 30-60 seconds.

Add some FREAKING explanation with dumbledore, 2 minutes added there. Have an addition to the luna conversation, possibly wiith a ghost- 3-4 min there.

So they screwed it up instead of adding 8 mins…

Sigh.

Avatar Image says:

Oh .. but the effects (maybe not Grawp) were amazing….. the fight at the end was great and pretty much redemmed the film for entertainment purposes.

Avatar Image says:

just saw the movie. It seemed to jump from one action scene to the next with no lead in to them. I don’t think it was as good as the others. And doesn’t it seem like Dumbledore has more personality in the book? I understand the whole book could not be included, however why omit things that were in the book, just to make things up? I won’t go see it again.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with you victoria, Does anyone else think that Petunia getting the howler will be significant in the future?

Avatar Image says:

Not to seem like a complete freak, but as a Die Hard Harry Potter fan it was kinda my job. I found at least 43 things that were left out in this film. Ex.- Petunia’s Howler, Percy’s Dialouge, DOBBY, S.P.E.W., Quidditch, Sirius’s Mom, just to name a few. They made a lot of crap as well Ex.- Cho ratting out the D.A., Neville finding the Room of Requirement, Connection between Harry and Voldemort. But I have to admit that was awsome.

Here’s my suggestion to any screenwriter, If you are basing a film off of a book, use the book as a guideline and not just what you remember from when you read four years ago. If they spent half as much time putting in actual events as they do making crap up, they would have a great movie.

Avatar Image says:

well, im seeing it the 14th….so, that’ll be good money for them…we have a good 8 days for the die-hard HP fans (who LOVE teh books) to see them..whats teh problem?

MOVIE SPOILER!!!

I agree Shaun; they could’ve just added Dumbledore making a portkey and sending Hary to his office and Harry making a fuss and Dumbledore explaining and shedding a tear… instead of adding that pointless scene of Harry putting a sweater in his trunk in the dormitory as transition between the Ministry and Dumbledore’s office.

END MOVIE SPOILER!!!

Avatar Image says:

Its nice knowing we helped with those numbers, isn’t it?! :D

PS. AOL counts down the top 12 villains: http://movies.aol.com/movie-photo/harry-potter-villains-voldemort-malfoy

Avatar Image says:

I wish yates wouldn’t come back. I want alfonzo back and john williams.

Avatar Image says:

What were they thinking? NO QUIDDICH in the OotP film? Practically no Hermoine or Ron either for that matter. Worse, how will they go on to the next and last film when the prophecy was never heard correctly by the audience. I don’t mind Cho getting the old heave ho but the film was too long on Umbridge too short on Hogwarts magic to stand.

Avatar Image says:

This was the best movie so far. It was emotionally moving and the stuff that was cut out would have taken away from that emotional and dramatic maturity. I’m not surprised it made so much money already…we sat in an ultrascreen theater yesterday and there wasn’t a seat left empty.

Avatar Image says:

One more thing, you always can tell a cheap film budget when they use cheap title sequences. The ending crawl would have been shot better by a grammar school student.

I am in agreement with whomever said, “Dump Yates” for the next two films. Brilliant.

Avatar Image says:

Kal-El and Professor Potter, I could not agree MORE with your wonderful comments. The film, no matter its recreations and omissions, was beyond what I wanted and expected. I, of course, expected it to be dark and gloomy, but not THAT dark…which is a very, very good thing. I love that both the director and screenwriter were able to capture and preserve the looming darkness and urgency of the 5th book. So many of the scenes in the film were chilling, yet captivating. I think the scene with Harry at the end of Dumbledore and Voldemort’s battle where he is literally being possessed…that was a MASSIVE step up from the book (which is my favorite of the 6) and was perfectly acted by Dan. There is so many wonderful moments in this film, it would take me a while to write and relive them…So THANK YOU David Yates, Michael Goldenberg!!

And, btw, the score was absolutely beautiful and haunting!

Avatar Image says:

OH….MY….GOD!!! Brilliant!!! this is fantastic news!!!

Avatar Image says:

I completley agree with PJ. It was very choppy and awkwardly filmed. However for what the actors were given they did a magnificent job.

Avatar Image says:

What I am amazed at is the amount of stuff what I know was filmed but has been left out!! I expect they should be on the DVD. Examples are: Sirius saying “Its your turn now” from the trailer, Sirius duelling with Bellatrix (They showed quite a bit on “Behind the Magic” shown in UK”. And some scenes seem played out slightly different to the trailer or Making of docs. I guess they revert to different takes of the same scene.

Avatar Image says:

I am most happy to have my $9 go towards the record breaking box-office take.

Afterwards, it occurred to me that because we now have so many amazing characters in books 1-5 (and more to come) everyone’s screen time (Harry excepted) is being reduced progressively with each movie. It’s a shame, but I am not sure what the answer is other than making a 3 hour movie.

Loved it for what it was. Now bring on July 21st!

Avatar Image says:

im agreeing with victoia concidering i was wiht her when we wrote the list of 42things, by the way cho is a hoe

Avatar Image says:

Well thanks Emmy, and Cho is Ho.

Avatar Image says:

They seriously screwed up the prophecy, but I’m not too upset seeing as how Dumbledore’s character was basically torn to shreds in Goblet of Fire. I can handle anything after watching that cluster-f.

And yeah, it was very choppy. Evanna Lynch did such an incredible job, she really did, and Dan definitely stepped it up in this one. Eh, my feelings are mixed about this film, but I can say that I dislike it the least out of all of the films. Oh—and I’m sad to say I didn’t enjoy the music this time around. Felt like they were trying to counteract the dark aspect of the movie, and it just didn’t mix well.

Avatar Image says:

After reading some of the quote “experts” in the box office and movie industry sites, it seems like WB is hoping for as many ticket sales as possible in the run up to the release of DH, since hardcore fans will be more concerned about the books than the film.

Avatar Image says:

Well, I’ve just helped it towards whatever record it’s going to set in the UK; and I must confess I was disappointed. It seemed rather slow, the ‘Mysteries’scenes at the Ministry were rather wasted and not exactly suspense filled; although I did like the architecture of the MofM generally; what US readers won’t know is that this fully dark tiles look is very Victorian London Underground, so fully in keeping with the area of London it’s in, although very much more over the top! SPOILER WARNING

I was very disappointed at the way Cho was landed with betraying the DA; but at least it was clear why and it was not of her own accord – also it was probably a better way of bringing the romance to the end than a drawn out Valentine’s scene. But I got very irritated at the eternal darkness of the film – even the summer of the OWLs exam seemed to take place in darkness, and how did they manage to pass Charms when the exam was interrupted? And as for Harry handing over the crystal ball (which it shouldnt have been in anyway)... Yuk. Sirius through the veil was… well, almost like it was in the book from an emotional point of view for me, without the subsequent realisation of his loss. But the twins’ leaving was awesome!

END OF SPOILERS

I’m not sure I do want David Yates to do the rest – if he does, could he beef it up a bit, please.

Avatar Image says:

Just goes to show that Harry Potter is the best. :)

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone else see the nasty looks between Ginny and Cho, and the flirty looks between Harry and Ginny. Portraying the sixth one much?

Avatar Image says:

I DID well that may have been because i was sitting right next to you and you kind of leaned over and mentioned it to me

Avatar Image says:

Yay for the film, I just saw it!!! My thoughts here: http://marauder-bex.livejournal.com/16060.html#cutid1 Super!!! Toodles. xxxx

Avatar Image says:

Uber-fantastic!! Can’t wait to see it!

Avatar Image says:

I saw the film at the midnight release and personally, I thought it was fantastic and I had assumed that by now, five films into the series, fans would come to expect large cuts, to deal with them and move on. After all, it’s been said a million times, it’s impossible to condense an almost-nine-hundred page book into a two-and-a-half hour film. It cannot be done without drastic cuts. How is it that people continue to whine about what was cut from the film even now? We shouldn’t forget that Jo said that this film was her favorite yet, which has to say something about the script and the film as a whole. Instead of complaining that they cut a favorite line or left out a tiny plot thread can’t we instead look at how well the film captured the spirit of the book? The mood was exactly how I imagined it to be: dark, anxious, foreboding. The acting was infinitely better. The music was spot-on. The visual effects were stunning. The emotions were raw and captivating and the plot was good, considering the enormity of the book. You’ll find that these things are more enjoyable when you make a special effort not to bash everything that you disagree with, when you look at things in a positive light. I loved it and can’t wait to see it again. Then again, that’s just me.

Avatar Image says:

For those who think that people are complaining and having huge problems with that, just know that Gone with the Wind was six hour movie and ther was a intermission. They need to stop focusing on the time and start thinking about being more true to the books.

Avatar Image says:

yeah! i wanna leaky staff review!!

i LOVED this movie. i still firmly believe that this is the best one.

YAY!

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

The Leaky Staff haven’t reviewed it yet because they are all at the hospital after suffering simultaneous strokes while watching this butchering of Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

Oh gawd, so it wasn’t exactly like the book. Get over it. It was a well done film. If you like the book so much just read it again, it’s not going anywhere. It was a perfect length and all the things that absolutely needed to be there were there. The acting was great, the effects were amazing, what more do you want? I think GOF was ten times worse. If they would have added everything from the book into the movie, it would have been too long and then you would all complain about that.

Avatar Image says:

We not only broke the record, but shattered it by a solid 10%. I’m glad my wife and I could contribute to the reccord. My wife didn’t want to go because it was a work night, and she was afraid we would get home after dark. Well, we made it home just after sunset here (in the Cleveland area) and my wife was extremely grateful that I talked her into it.

MOVIE SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THIS POST!

As for the film itself, it was a good movie, but I was dissapointed (but I had very high expectations). I can understand they had to leave a lot of the book out, but they cut way back down to the bone on this one. Was it me, or did they do a pittiful job of makeup for Vernon? And why would they take Dudley to a Muggle hospital? No Quiddich, no Dobby, no mention of Ron and Hermione becoming prefects, no scene with Harry wrecking Dumbledore’s office, and no dialogue from the centaurs or Grawp. Also, Harry used Fred and George’s most spectacular drop-out for cover for his plans. In the movie, Fred and George just did it, without a word as to why or what they were doing.

I did, however, like how they did the Daily Prophet scenes. Trelawney’s sacking was also well done. Overall, it was a great movie if you can get over what they cut out or changed from the book.

Avatar Image says:

Labyrinthine plots as set up by the near 900 page book do not work well with movies. Plots necessarily HAVE to be simplified and characters cut down or cut out. Certain plot threads have to change entirely.

The things you can do in a 30 second commercial will not work stretched out to a 22 minute sitcom. The things you can do in a 22 minute sitcom don’t work over the course of a 2 hour plus movie. And it works the other way…a detailed and complicated plot which takes Jim Dale over 26 hours to read aloud is not going to work for a film that lasts only 2.5 hours.

Building a skyscraper or a novel is in no way the same thing as building a house or a movie.

Furthermore, artistically, every director/screenwriter pairing is going to come up with their own interpretation of events and characters. Just as the artists of all of the book covers around the world have their own view of the characters…none of them match exactly what Rowling has in her mind and that’s ok.

Frankly, I think the characters in this movie are as close as they have ever come to the book, save for Dumbledore.

Avatar Image says:

Completely and utterly loved this film in every way. It was not canonically (is that even a word?) perfect by any means. But for a movie, it was damn near perfect. Only thing I would have liked to have seen improved was the editing, it was so horribly choppy at some moments that it occasionally removed one from a particularly emotional scene – and that is honestly the only criticism i have. But then again, I am able to go into the movie realizing it will never come to close the mastery that is the HP books and that there’s nothing I can do about that. Apparently a whole lot of HP fans could use a lesson in such a concept. Pity.

Avatar Image says:

I think there’s two reason why. First, book5 is one of the best HP book and those who watched the film anticipated that it’s going to be as good as the book version. (Sadly it isn’t). Then the upcoming release of book7. This two reasons brought all these 12 millions viewers watched the premiere of OotP. But for HP to break the record? That was OVERWHEMLING for us die-hard fans of Harry Potter!!! Kudos to Harry Potter!

Avatar Image says:

Since JKR is finished with the book, can we have her as the screenwriter for the last HP film so that it wouldn’t end up as a disster?!?

Avatar Image says:

I saw the midnight showing and it was packed we had to go to another theater. I loved it though the added ‘punch’ was amazing literally lol.

Avatar Image says:

I just hope that once Deathly Hallows comes out, people will still want to go watch the film, even if Harry dies. If people know for sure harry dies and end up sad and what not, there’s a chance they might want to stop watching the remaining movies.

I’m rooting for the “Harry lives!” crowd and would accept it if he doesn’t, but if the last book does not have some sort of fulfilling ending (not necesarily happy, but fulfilling), it would bum out loads of people. If he dies, he darn well better get a glorious, meaningful, world-saving public death that everyone will remember proudly to the point of changing the school’s name to “Harry’s school of Witchcraft and Wizardry”

Avatar Image says:

Now lets just hope they brake the record for first weekend in theatres.It should beat spiderman 3.

Avatar Image says:

Wow! What can I say, I just got back from seeing the movie, and it was by FAR the best movie to date; Umbridge was casted perfectly, shame they missed out Dobby, Quidditch etc..but the bits they did missed out really it didnt matter. The film seemed to fit perfectly, unlike the 4th film, where I think huge jumps between chapters didnt suit at all!! I really liked this movie, and I am definately looking forward to seeing Film 6, David Yates is directing this too!! Yey!!

Avatar Image says:

About the “Gone With the Wind” six hours long comment… the reality of it is that the general summer-movie going audience is not going to want to sit through a six hour movie with an intermission. Will a die-hard HP fan? Of course. But these movies are not simply made for the die-hard fans – they are also just meant to be movies, for people who enjoy going to see a film. I agree with whoever said that we are now at the 5th movie – we all know there are going to be lots of cuts. There’s no getting around it. We all just need to go in knowing that, relax, and enjoy it for what it is! I personally loved the film. :)

Avatar Image says:

i personal thought the film was very well done, what ppl have to understand is you can’t make a film exactly like a book cause first there it a time limit, would anyone sit wathing a 5h film? i personaly couldn’t. as for cutting it up, yes it was cut but didn’t they point out that jkr said what was gonna be important and what could be cut out? well then the major pieces missing dosn’t realy effect the futur films, also we have to think that not everyone reads the books so they need to make it for the none book readers and cramming too much info in a small amount of time would leave ppl confused, the things they changed and invented was to explain parts missing that they didn’t have the time or maybe money to add, it’s easier for naville and harry to talk about nevilles perants than have to add the st mungos scene from the book, imo this was the best of all the potters, better acting and directing. anyway what i try to point out that if you compair and film to the book they are based on you will never like it. if jkr is ok with what they cut out i trust her judgment

Avatar Image says:

Just got back from watching it and had an in-depth discussion with my other half who has the brilliant knack of making me think of all the bad bits!

Sometimes brilliant 4/5. My second after POA. I thought I was going to hate it (I didn’t like that whole Dudley/Dementors/Figg scene at all) but I left the cinema feeling very satisfied. I hope a Director’s cut is released because then it might be the best of the lot. It needed more minutes (like an hour?).

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Too short: At the Dursleys. Grimmauld Place discussion. Sense of school life in general. Umbridge getting teachers’ backs up (careers advice was a really funny bit of the book). School Rebellion. Also it shouldn’t have been mixed with the Sirius vision. MOM battle (confusing), especially Sirius v Bella, Neville, and Harry v Bella. DD and Harry’s talk at the end. Not that I care much, but Cho/Harry romance may as well have been cut completely for all the good it did!

Should have been included. The fact that McGonagall is in the Order as well. Post Mr Weasley’s attack, earwigging the ‘possession’ discussion.

I Loved- The script FINALLY!!! (except the Hagrid lines!) Please can we keep Goldenberg? Cinematic shots and strange viewpoints. Scenes bleeding into one another and Daily Prophet montages. MOM and Grimmauld Place sets! The score (mostly). Mrs Figg in the Hearing. Trelawny’s sacking and DD’s response. I was actually touched. Ron and Hermione in the ‘meeting Grawp’ scene. The GOAT!! DA scenes and Filch. Post-snake attack in DD office, Harry shouting. DD escaping from his office with Fawkes! The veil, and Sirius death, almost how I imagined. Harry’s silent scream. Moving. Smashing prophecies!! DD and V battle!! Possession scene! I always thought that would be the most difficult to film so kudos to Dan.

I Disliked- Cheesy thunder and lightening effects. The Prophecy: very important to get that right don’t you think? The whole Dementor scene. Hagrid ‘there’s a storm coming and we’d best be ready’. Grawp CG. Only bit of score I disliked was the DA tune, sounded too much like a ‘Western’ theme, and once it had the effect of making Luna’s rollickng hare patronus seem a bit like Watership Down!

Not as good as I expected/wanted. The centaur scene was not as frightening as I read it in the book.

Avatar Image says:

Good for them! Although all good PotterCast listeners knew this was going to happen as Melissa predicted it mere moments after the announcement of the DH publication date. I am paraphrasing here, but she said something akin to “whenever you read about the movie, there will be a blurb about the book”... etc, etc. I’m glad both the movie and the book are helping each other; it can only make MORE Harry Potter fans…rubs hands together maniacally bwaaaaahahahahah!

Good call, Melissa. You rule.

Avatar Image says:

Just saw film…...I enjoyed it. Didn’t feel like 2 hrs+. Will probably see it again.

I don’t want Cuaran “the Bird Man of Azkaban” back. POA is not my fav film. Between the annoying fade ins and fade outs between scenes and the crow infestation in Hogwarts, it kinda annoyed me. I didn’t hate it….but I didn’t love it either. Thankfully the storey was good enough to carry me through it. Plus…he definitely did not get the best acting out of the kids. Dan was a bit wooden in it (crying scene…), he was much better in GOF and put in a very good performance in OOTP.

I agree Prof Potter…..the DVD should be cool…lots of things missing. Hopefully it’ll be jamed pack.

Avatar Image says:

“Gone with the Wind” ran 3 hrs. 58 min.

All time domestic gross box-office records, by day:

Wednesday: $44,232,338 (HP & Order of the Phoenix) Thursday: $50,013,859 (Revenge of the Stith) Friday: $59,841,919 (Spider-Man 3) Saturday: $51,336,732 (Spider-Man 3) Sunday: $39,937,865 (Spider-Man 3)

Avatar Image says:

did liked the movie but want alfonzo cuaron back!!!

wanna know how wants him back to

Avatar Image says:

I thought it was an enjoyable movie, and characterization was SO perfect. I thought the acting of everyone was superb!

But besides reviews, I’m not really surprised. There was an ENORMOUS line, bigger than any of the other movies (including other HP movies) I’ve seen in my local Cinemark. It was a massive gathering of people.

OH and it was hilarious when I saw it yesterday- when Hermione outbursts about telling the truth in Umbridge’s office, the film BLIPPED out when she said “the weapon” it went ” the--” and cut to the next scene! It was hilarious, everyone yelled and booed and I yelled “SHE SAID THE WEAPON”. :P lol and right after that Umbridge said “Now where is this weapon?” X)

Avatar Image says:

the movie was amazing, and the acting and everything else but there were DEFINITELY parts of scenes cut off i could tell

Avatar Image says:

I think I might want Chris Columbus to come back for the last one, maybe more than 4 story lines will make the cut.

Avatar Image says:

Chris Columbus is still a producer for the series…isn’t he? I’m not sure if I’m correct about that or not.

Avatar Image says:

I just watched it again, I think everyone should watch it at least a second time. I enjoyed it the first time, but I even enjoyed it more this time. There are many little great details that I noticed better this second time. Like the looks between Harry and Ginny, you can see Harry is starting to notice her and to be attracted. It was great to see.

I liked the movie, it’s like the book compressed but the spirit is the same, foget about the things they have not been able to include and enjoy all the things they have included, they are a lot.

I’m very sorry they cut the scenes we know they have filmed, at the end of the movie, and I hope to see them on the DVD.

The best thing of this movie is the acting, all the new actresses are wonderful playing their characters and Daniel impressed me so much. During all the movie you feel how isolated, depressed, angry and confused he feels. He makes it clear how much Sirius means for him, and when ‘the moment’ arrives, you see the devastation and pain in his face, and all the theatre was sobbing. And when I thought it couldn’t get better than that, he proves me wrong. His determination while running after Bellatrix (who is completely insane lol) and after doing the Crucio while he is hearing what Voldemort says, the expressions in his face are brilliant.

I enjoyed DD and Voldemort’s battle much more this second time, I could appreciatte all their movements and great special effects. But the best scene is the next one, the possession is my favorite scene ever. Kudos to Dan, because for the first time I liked a scene in these movies the same or more than in the books.

I like the chemistry between all the actors, they have grown up together and this is someting you can feel on-screen, the real magic of these movies is them.

I’ll miss Gary Oldman so much, I hope he makes ‘a return’ in the last one, don’t know how, maybe if we ‘visit’ the veil.

And it’s about time Stuart Craig wins an Orcar fo the art in these movies. All the sets are perfect, my favorites have to be Sirius’ house, which is exactly like I imagined it, and the Ministry which is absolutly impressive.

I still can not foget Fudge’s face when he says: “he’s back” All the theatre wanted to puch him!!!LOL

Avatar Image says:

The books Chris Columbus adapted were less than the third part of the 4th or 5th one, that’s why almost everything was inluded in the first 2 movies.

Avatar Image says:

Terence, I like your review. I feel the same on just about everything you said.

Avatar Image says:

Bug high fives to all of us HP fans who helped with that total! HP fans rock!

Avatar Image says:

Big high fives to all of us HP fans who helped with that total! HP fans rock!

Good. It deserved it. xD

Avatar Image says:

SPOLIERS! CAUTION, MOVIE OPINIONS AHEAD!

First thing, for all of you trying to console the rest of us into “just dealing with it” when it comes to the cuts, blimey are you the same lot who have said it every movie now? Lets allow people to think (as do I) that adding another 10 minutes wouldn’t have killed anyone, especially since the first two were aimed at a younger audience and were a good hour longer!

Second, they seemed to have hired the same CGI people (now you sticklers don’t jump on my back, I’m SURE they didn’t ACTUALLY hire the same guys, and frankly don’t give a – if they did), because the CGI seemed fuzzy to me (and I was in the center of the theatre) just like the last time we saw centaurs and wood creatures. They seemed to have saved all of the budget for the wizarding duels, which were wonderful. EXCEPT the idea of the neon streams of jelly that they re-used from film 4 with the Dumbledore vs. Voldemort duel. That took away from it for me, that effect should have been to represent LV and Harry’s intermingling wands alone. I know that’s knitpicking, but they should have cared enough to come up with something new. The centaurs looked odd and so did Grawp, mainly in the faces, kind of fuzzy and flat in the face they were. Its only a problem since they hired an actual actor to play Grawp, yet they needn’t have bothered.

Plus I know what CGI can do, and these guys had ages to do their best and they just focused on the duels and seemed to have rushed the rest like they did in the first 2. CGI wise, POA wins, they took their time there, GOF comes next, then PS, CS and this one. If it matters enough to put it in, do it right is all I am saying.

Kreacher was well done, only more like an elder grumpy Dobby than a dirty elf with a potato like nose. But since he was almost cut, no matter, he served his purpose by being present at all I suppose.

What bothered me the most really, was opening with the poor acting of Dudley’s character (nothing against the actor, he’s been good ntil this). Good on them to make him a wanna-be thug, that’s true to life in suburbia everywhere and especially here in the UK, but the screwed up faces he made when taking the mick out of Harry and the slight lisp coming out of nowhere (as far as film acting consistancey goes) as well as the attempt at making Petunia a sexy leggy 50’s style mom was just plain awkward compared to how we’ve seen her in the films. I mean she’s always been 50’s looking but not 50’s Penthouse!

I can live with what they left out, if only they transitioned things better. Cuts were sharp and jumped sheer months with no notice. I went with 2 non-HP book readers in their 20’s and they WERE confused as to exactly why all of this was happening, they just barely got the gist because they cut to completely new and different scenes and only explained the basics of the plot. So its not exactly aimed at complete novices to the story either. Its sort of a “highlights” of the best and most important parts of the book sort of movie, just as another poster said, it was quite “bare bones”.

I agree that the magic of what pulls you into the Potter world was severely lacking. Never in a Potter movie has the Villian (Umbridge I’m speaking of here) gotten so much screen time and the rest of the fabulous world they live in (even the dark parts) forgotten. I could have used a couple of minutes of regular life at Hogwarts, its not a we’re always at the ready for battle story at its roots, it supposed to be about their friendships creating a bond that will save them in battle. Yes they are preparing for war, but the whole movie needn’t have been about that in its main.

Yes the focus is on Harry which is good, but as much as I was annoyed with Book 5’s screaming Harry, this relatively stoney version was worse. Dan played it well of course, there was emotion within him, true, but in the parts where he was most emotional in the book, where it counted and made you feel along with him, he was “taking it like a man” in those parts of the movie, which I think is a major fault when trying to enter into the next film, where he’s so raw. If they play it at the beginning of the next film like they did at the end of this one, they’ll have missed the driving force of the entire over arching story.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t imagine it if i’m an old man now, or that I’ll be born years from now! I’M JUST GLAD GLAD GLAD GLAD GLAD GLAD GLAD TO BE A CONTEMPORARY OF THESE THINGS P O T T E R!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well said Terence, totally agree. Ginny is starting to become a powerful witch in this one too…..her reducto’s are quiet scary! :-)

Avatar Image says:

I feel so vindicated by these numbers! Especially after hearing (bad0 movie critics saying “this one is for the Potter geeks – the rest of us are saying: “enough already”(Love it when clueless critics assume they are talking for everybody) A cinematical reviewer anticipated the movie won’t overtake Transformers “unless Hagrid has a nude scene” Well, Jeffrey Lyons, it looks like “the rest of you” are less than you thought….

Avatar Image says:

I just wanted to add – as the others reviewed the movie: this was the best yet! David Yates rocks – he definitely gets and loves the books! POA used to be my favorite movie – until now! Lots of great things about this one – but mostly – as opposed to the previous forgettable mess – the way it kept the spirit of the book – and managed to tell an incredibly complex story by creative visual means (the headlines! the edicts!)Great, great movie! I’ll be watching it again and again!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, no! Yes! a marketing ploy. Well, maybe that´s why the movie is so bad they had to get it out that quickly. before Deathly Hallows comes out.

The effect it had: it opened my eyes that the books are bad as well.

Avatar Image says:

“The effect it had: it opened my eyes that the books are bad as well.”

Go join your corner with Harold Bloom. I have no idea why you’d keep posting on this site and the lounge if you think the books are bad. This is a fan site after all.

Avatar Image says:

Disappointment! Big Time! I went to see a good movie but hated that all the things I wanted to ses weren’t there. It was far worse than GOF. JK let the writers take too many of the things out that matter to the die hards that support her. Sometimes it seems like maybe she does read the comments but all too often when it comes down to it she allows the writers and directors too many liberties.

SPOILER

Why wasn’t Dobby the one who found the Room of Requirements?! Why didn’t the CGI people make the statue protect Harry!? Why was everything so dark? Why since you were there was there no metion of Tonks relationship to Sirius. Why is Remus’ role so unimportant when the next book he is very important? Or is it more cuts of relationship to please Laura Mallory( sorry it seems she wins her case in telling it teaches only the darlk side of magic). We were captivated by the scenes of Quidditch in the first two movies but now it is a afterthought at most. Every movie seems to rewrite the books so much, with taking out characters and inserting things into other characters, that those of us who read the books leave the theatre wanting more.

making two and sometimes three scenes in the books into one and taking away the characters. Where was the other brothers. Why didn’t we see Neville’s parents.

I did despite all of the omissions of things important to die hard as someone called us, enjoy the movie.

LUNA or the actress who portrayed her was awesome. My nephew actually thought she was being controlled by Voldermort. She was funny and captured the portrayal so beautifully.

Umbridge was sinister but was too beutiful to be her. She did not look like a toad. Despite the looks she made me hate her from the start.

All I know that for all the pain I went through in sitting for the hours of the movie I wish the pain was more and like one writer a little more here and there it would have been more worth the trip.

Oh yeah, at the Garden State Plaza Movie house you had your choice of seats and times to view the movie. That was good for me but odd when i read it was the highest grossing movie for a day. I guess there were a lot of movie houses that ran it.

Now on to the 21st.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t care what anybody says, I liked the film despite the fact that lot of it was diffent – either removed all together or changed. The mood of the film was spot on and I think I will get more on second viewing.

Avatar Image says:

I loved seeing it in IMAX and will see it again. I loved the movie. I already knew about ALL the cut scenes cuz I spoiled myself with early reviews. 4 out of 5 Stars. I really hope there are plenty of the deleted scenes on the DVD!

Avatar Image says:

We saw this movie in an IMAX theatre, so the last scenes in the Ministry of Magic were in 3D. The movie showed an amazing fight sequence at the end (no matter how hard I was trying to resist its lure because of my aggravation over-and I’d never thought I’d hear myself saying something so nit-picky-the very non-cannon nature of events in this film). The acting was excellent—Dan Radcliffe really came into his own, and Gary Oldman’s relationship with Harry, his obvious love for him, broke my heart. The growing relationship between Hermoine and Ron was also fun to watch, as well as the looks on Ginny’s face watching Harry with Cho.

Why no betrayal by Kreacher? Trying to set up Snape as the bad guy in movie six when it comes out HE revealed Harry and Sirius’s close bond to Voldemort to lure Harry to the Department of Mysteries? Why wasn’t it revealed that Neville had been a possible candidate for the prophecy as an infant? All we got was a Trelawny-less orb repeating part of the prophecy—and so, no way to reveal later that Snape overheard the prophecy being made to Dumbledore. Why no revelation of Aunt Petunia’s knowledge of the wizarding world, when her, “They guard the wizard prison, Azkaban,” so shocks Uncle Vernon and Harry in book 5? And it didn’t matter much plot-wise, but I really wanted to see Sirius’ mother screaming in that portrait. I really did.

Avatar Image says:

All I can really say is: All that hype over casting the Pensieve scene and that’s it? But, overall, the movie was okay.

Avatar Image says:

I saw the movie yesteerday and am still making up my mind about it. It’s very gloomy and sad and… not at all for children anymore. And they abridged so much from the book that I’m beginning to welcome the thought of Kloves back as scriptwriter. But the performances are fantastic. Dan is very impressive in this film. The range of emotion he exhibited for Harry is one of the finer points of the movie as is the deliciously evil Umbridge. Those are the two standouts of the movie and the secondary cast is just – secondary, although the older cast managed to steal a scene or two. And if OotP regains the # 2 spot for highest grossing movie of all time, I wouldn’t complain so much. It’s a kind of movie that will perhaps get better with repeated viewings.

Avatar Image says:

i thought the film was great but i agree with alot of the negative things that have been said. this is what i think though this may spoil the movie for those who haven’t seen it. i was looking forward to the department of mysteries scene and i was disapointed it wasn’t true to the book at all and i felt like they just cut corners. there was no transitions between scenes and they seemed to have no conection. hermione also had a very random laughing fit after the “emotional range of a tea spoon” line which i think should have been cut. the cho moment was done badly in my opinion they didn’t do it right. also michael gambon just isn’t my idea of dumbledore at all. tonks was practicly non existent. sirius’s death was stupid i hardly saw him being hit when he just floated away!...though the movies cant be everything sadly so i’ll apreciate them for what they are and strangely (though they have faults) i still love them, go see them on the first day and clap when they start. i just cant help but love them.

Avatar Image says:

I saw the movie last night and was entertained and saddened at the same time. The entertainment came from my friend who, as soon as the first scene opened said: “Wow, Harry’s so handsome now.” Then when Rupert came on, “eek, why is he so ugly now?” On Emma: “eh, very thin but also very pretty.” lol. The audience also was entertained by the Kiss scene (which was so long) and seems to be done just to get the fangirls go crazy. Katie’s acting is bad here and kinda ruined what could have been a touching fist love affair for Harry. Bad acting also from Dudley who didn’t look properly demented in his big scene.

But Dan really came into his own in this one. Love his emotional scenes. The facial expressions are fantastic and overall, his portrayal of Harry is impressive considering his past performasnces aren’t that good. He really nailed it this time. Many are praising Evanna and I had such high expectations but I was put off by that sing song voice which gets irksome as the story moves along. Umbridge is fantastic and could get some awards for this one. It’s the first time a secondary cast got a big chunk of screentime and she really made the most of it.

And I was saddened because this movie is sad. Yates tried for some realism and the magical sense and effects are very secondary. I know, it’s the child in me but it’s so sad to let go. I’m not so saddened by the book scenes they cut but on the total effect of gloom and doom of this movie. Sirius and Harry fought together in one scene and when Harry knocked out the enemy, Sirius said “that’s good, James”. I got teary eyed. sniff… Sorry for the spoilers but I still having a hangover from the movie…

Avatar Image says:

OotP really should have been a two part movie. I can’t think why the money grubbing lot at WB didn’t see that angle. They could have had two really good films instead of one choppy poor rendition. They under estimated the appeal of the franchise and missed out on a lot of box office cash. Maybe, that serves them right.

Avatar Image says:

Just got home from seeing OotP for the first time. It was my least favorite book but by far my favorite movie!

SPOILER ALERT…...............................

Love how Ron was portrayed. This was the first movie where he didn’t annoy the heck out of me. The scene in the common room when he stands up for Harry made me gasp!

I was annoyed, like many of you, by the prophesy scenes where they could have stayed closer to cannon without adding time (round room, etc…).

I was looking forward to seeing the magnificent fountain come alive. That was one of my biggest disappointments.

I LOVED the Black tapestry room. Awesome! other than that, Grimmauld place didn’t look at all like I expected – too tall and narrow. But then again, everything in this movie was tall and narrow (Hogsmeade particularly).

Why was the Goat’s Head deserted? I found that weird.

Rather than being bothered by what was left out (for the most part, I wasn’t), I found it fascinating clue-wise for book 7. I mean, Sirius’ mirror CAN’T be important in book 7 or JK wouldn’t have let them take it out. Ditto for the locket.

Here are a few questions my husband and I BOTH had:

1. Why were George and Fred in DaDa class with Ron, Harry, and Hermione? They were a few years ahead, so they shouldn’t have been there.

2. What was the testing-like scene in the Great Hall right after Umbridge took over as headmaster? We thought it was OWLS until the OWL scene a bit later. (And it wouldn’t have made sense for Fred and George to be in OWL scenes anyway since they were past OWL levels).

Overall, two thumbs way, way up! Loved it – and now I can re-read book 6 in prep for next weekend!

Avatar Image says:

I thought Sirius’s death was really cheesy

Avatar Image says:

Unfortunately, this article is not accurate. Yes, OOTP had the highest grossing Wednesday in American box office history, but not at all the “highest grossing one day sales ever.” Spider-man 3 (both Friday and Saturday dates), Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and X-Men: The Last Stand all came in ahead of Harry—with box office daily intake ranging from $59,841,919 to $45,102,265.

For a reference chart, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_box_office_records

Avatar Image says:

Debbie, in answer to your questions:

Fred and George were in the DA in the books so that bit’s true to the book.

The ‘testing’ scene was a detention for the DA where they all had to scratch ‘I must not break rules’ into their hands. That wasn’t in the book.

Avatar Image says:

In addition, The DADA class is not just for the fifth year students although the original intention was to get them to help in their OWLs. It evolved into a rebellious secret group for all students who want to fight the dark lord’s minions. There’s even a Slytherin there and that’s not canon. The class where they were writing with those murderous quills was not an OWL’s class. That was detention for all DA members caught after Cho betrayed them, again not canon but it’s a simple closure to the H/C love affair.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sad that OotP is getting mixed reviews cause I find it very good. Even this review which praised the movie’s dark and delicious turn only gave it 3 out of 5.

But Yay, Dan’s getting strong reviews! well, generally. This one about sums up Dan’s overall performance in OotP.

“Radcliffe shows maturity of his acting since the first movie. Just as Harry has grown into a leader of his Hogwarts classmates, Radcliffe has become the man who drives this series.”

Avatar Image says:

After getting a migraine from the horror of watching Prisoner of Azkaban I now wait until I’m able to read the Leaky reviews before I go to see an HP film. My husband and I went on Saturday, and having been fully prepared by all the previous postings, I was prepared to hate it. I did not. David Yates has chopped almost all of the side stories out, which add a richness to Jo’s tales but aren’t essential to the basic story. What he hasn’t chopped out or drastically changed, like Alfonso Cuaron did with POA, is the essential story. What was changed could have plausably happened, unlike with much of the end of POA. Is it as rich as the book? Of course not. But I believe it’s the best Harry Potter movie since Chamber of Secrets and I loved it. I am now taking my 10 year old to it tomorrow having double checked the PG-13 rating (my 7 YO is NOT seeing it yet). I am now waiting to see what Yates does with HBP and counting the hours til my Amazon package arrives on Saturday.

Write a Reply or Comment