AskMen.com Interview with Emma Watson

278

Jul 17, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

AskMen.com is featuring an interview with actress Emma Watson conducted by IGN. In the 18 question interview, Emma talks about filming the recently released Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, discusses working with costars Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) and Imelda Staunton (Dolores Umbridge) and preparing for the film with director David Yates. She notes her favorite moment during filming as throwing Ron against the wall in DA training and goes on to speak further about the production, saying:

Q-7: Aside from throwing Rupert, what’s been your favorite scene to film?

I just had quite a lot of fun working with the movement coach (he’s actually a choreographer) for the last scene when we fight the Death Eaters. He’s incorporating some choreography into the movements, the fighting, and the action sequences. It’s actually really interesting and it was really good fun. The fight scenes between Voldemort and Dumbledore—watch out for that. It should be really, really good.

Q-8: What did we just watch you shoot?

They’ve just persuaded Harry that he’s going to do this Dumbledore’s Army thing and he’s going to teach everyone what to do. It’s just that conversation and I think David was trying to get from it a sort of energy and a sense of how excited they all are as they do something rebellious. There’s quite a funny line in it where Hermione says, “It’s really fun breaking the rules” and Ron’s like “Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?” (Laughs).

5 Responses to AskMen.com Interview with Emma Watson

Avatar Image says:

Emma is cool and very hot. btw, as for the fight scene with Dumbledore and Voldemort, it was great. There are a few things I am disappointed about with it, though. For one thing, unless Dumbledore’s wand has a Phoenix feather, there shouldn’t have been a Priori Incantatem moment (even though it looked awesome). Another thing is that Voldemort and Dumbledore didn’t Apparate during the fight. The last, main thing thing is that, even though Dumbledore won the fight in the film, the film made him seem weaker.

In the book, Dumbledore was owning Voldemort without even trying, and Voldemort was scared. Dumbledore dodged a few killing curses, as well. Oh well, the fight was still great. My favorite parts were when Dumbledore trapped Voldemort inside the water cocoon, and when Voldemort broke the glass and sent it flying at Dumbledore. It was also cool when Dumbledore turned the glass into sand, which seemed to clarify that he was the winner of the battle.
Avatar Image says:

I don’t recall seeing Priori Incantatem… Anybody else see it?

Avatar Image says:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! __

Avatar Image says:

their spells connected but there wasn’t ‘priori incantatem’ afterwards. You just see one of their spells eventually winning which isn’t the same thing. I took it to be that as they were blocking and attacking each other simultaneously, so it makes sense that their spells would ‘connect’. I thought that scene was awesome.

Avatar Image says:

Well, yeah, it wasn’t Priori Incantatem, but I do remember reading that otherwise the Killing Curse is unblockable. Ah well, like I care. It looked awesome, even though it was a bit too Star Wars-ish (although I’m not really complaining because I’m a Star Wars fan, too).

Write a Reply or Comment