Tonks Talks: A New Interview with Natalia Tena

231

Jul 17, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Natalia Tena has given a new interview where she discusses her role as Tonks in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Saying she had not known anything about Harry Potter before winning the role of the Hufflepuff auror, she has since read the books and says that she really liked “Prisoner of Azkaban” and “Goblet of Fire.” She also believes her character may not survive the outcome of book seven noting:

“I reckon she’ll either die really quickly or she’ll kill Bellatrix (Lestrange) at some point. Or she’ll kill one of the big baddies at the end somehow. I really hope Harry dies, though, and I want Neville (Longbottom) to be the one that was the chosen one all along. “

Natalia Tena also talks about her role in the fifth Harry Potter movie, and creating the look the character sports in the film.

I didn’t like some of the things they did at the beginning, to be honest. I really wish she had had pink hair like in the book. They didn’t want to do that because pink would be associated with (Dolores) Umbridge, who is evil. They really didn’t take many risks.

At the beginning I really looked like a punk ¦ and they kind of toned (it) down a bit. And I wasn’t happy with that because in my mind I was thinking “You know what, that’s not what kids are going to expect.”

Thanks Finn!

28 Responses to Tonks Talks: A New Interview with Natalia Tena

Avatar Image says:

i love what she said about wishing tonks had pink hair

Avatar Image says:

She wants Harry to die?? How depressing…

Avatar Image says:

Aww, I really wish she had pink hair too… and I wish they’d given her more lines. I’m sort of disappointed that she didn’t say anything about Tonks/Moony. =/

Avatar Image says:

Erm, well, she has some interesting ideas…

Harry dies, Neville is the Chosen One? Wow

And why on earth would she be the one to kill Bellatrix? She has two better candidates in front of her, Neville (parents) and Harry (sirius)...

And didn’t she have pink hair in the movie?

Avatar Image says:

I thought she was a great choice for the part. When I first saw her enter Harry’s room, I had a huge smile. I do wish she had more of a part in the movie, but hopefully she will in the 6th one. And I am glad she is giving as much thought as she is into her character and how it relates with the books.

Avatar Image says:

Yes, I agree they could have made a point with the pink hair and shown that pink isn’t really evil -two sides of the same coin so to speak-it’s the soul inside the hull that shows that.

Avatar Image says:

Good on her for wanting pink hair. I’m glad to see that at least SHE had some sort of sense and understanding in her character even if the Warner Bros people didn’t.

And I think her Neville being the chosen one theory is brilliant. Or at least, it’s very new and I hadn’t thought of anything like it before.

Avatar Image says:

What if Harry is a Horcrux? Wouldn’t that make Neville the chosen one. Dumbledore said Voldemort marked Harry, but if harry is a horcrux, that marks Neville, just as well, right?

I need the book. I am going off the deep end with crazy theories.

By the way, when I was standing in line to see the movie- talking over theories with people in line, a woman in front of us said “I’ve read the last one. I know how it ends. I could tell you.” We all yelled “NO!!!” I then added “Interesting…cause JKR said in an interview a couple of days ago that only 10 people have read it. Do you work for Scholastic?” She shut up pretty fast & wouldn’t talk to us for the rest of the time we were in line.

Avatar Image says:

I need the book. I am going off the deep end with crazy theories.

By the way, when I was standing in line to see the movie- talking over theories with people in line, a woman in front of us said “I’ve read the last one. I know how it ends. I could tell you.” We all yelled “NO!!!” I then added “Interesting…cause JKR said in an interview a couple of days ago that only 10 people have read it. Do you work for Scholastic?” She shut up pretty fast & won’t talk to us for the rest of the time we were in line.

Avatar Image says:

I need the book. I am going off the deep end with crazy theories.

Avatar Image says:

Cool, this interview makes me like her more. For some reason, I’ve always imagined Tonks with purple hair instead of pink, even though she has pink hair most of the time. But it’s cool hearing about a cast member who understands her character. I don’t mind at all that her hair isn’t spiky in the film, but she would be awesome with pink hair. I don’t think anyone would have related her to Umbridge.

btw, I think she was great for the role. Her voice, smile, and facial structure is perfect for Tonks (she has somewhat of a heart-shaped face). The only thing is that Tonks is plain-looking, but Natalia Tena is really hot (I’m not really complaining, though). She was instantly likeable in the movie. I too wish she had gotten more lines, and that there were hints of her being in love with Lupin. Since Tonks was barely introduced in the film, I like the fact that her clumsiness was included. I’m glad that we’ll be seeing more of Natalia in HBP, and I hope that her character gets more to say, and that her character has to rescue Harry from the Hogwarts Express.

Avatar Image says:

Well, that explains the pink hair. I wondered why, if David Yates was such a fan, did he not keep Tonks’ hair pink. Im glad she feels the compassion towads Neville like we do. He deserves revenge just a much as Harry!

Avatar Image says:

that’s just brilliant… the remark about Neville being the chosen one. In three days we will know for sure :D

Avatar Image says:

I thought she was too sexy looking and not “punk” enough. I don’t think pink spiky hair, multiple earrings and combat boots would have made anyone associate her with Umbridge.

Avatar Image says:

I love her; she’s awesome!

I like hearing that she wanted the pink hair, that she thought if she looked too punk we wouldn’t like it, and she was right. I look forward to seeing her in HBP!

Avatar Image says:

They should have listen to her. She was right.

As for Neville being the chosen one, JKR herself shot that one in flame in one of her interviews. It is Harry! period.

It would be amusing to see the three of them, Harry, Neville and Tonk, doing Bellatrix in. She would not die, of course, but she would endup in Azkaban for ever, mentally disturbed ad infinitum.

Three days…

Avatar Image says:

I wanted more Tonks in OotP!! She was barely present after the first 15 minutes or so! I used to roleplay Tonks in an RPG, so I was paying close attention to how she was portrayed in this film. But she was only present in the beginning, and the very end! Hmmph. Here’s hoping there’s more of her in Film 6…

Avatar Image says:

I think that she, as an actress, was cast well, but I definitely think that she should have had short, pink hair and have been MUCH more punky. The purple hair they agve her looked washed out anyway and hr clothers looked like random pieces just thrown together.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve heard the Neville-is-the-chosen-one theory before. Right after HBP came out and after all 3 of us had finished it, me, our email admin and our network ops manager at work sat down to talk about it and both of them bombarded me with that theory and why it was completely viable. I wasn’t buying it. I’m still not buying it, so if JKR shot it down already, I feel vindicated and I will have something to rub their noses in!

Avatar Image says:

Yep, JKR has stated that Neville has no hidden powers or anything, and that he is only as “might-have-been.” This doesn’t mean that he won’t have a significant role, but he’s not the Chosen One. Personally, I look forward to him killing Bellatrix Lestrange. btw, the only thing I would have changed about Natalia other than the color of her hair would be her clothes. I think that she should have worn a tight-fitting Weird Sisters t-shirt, tight jeans, and purple or red shoes. She would’ve looked really cool.

Avatar Image says:

YES, I felt the same way about her appearance. I imagined Tonks as a punk with spiky hair and a pierced nose.

Avatar Image says:

The article states that she likes book 3 and 6, not 4 and 6. I stress that fact, because they are my favourites, too ;)

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Natalia too. I felt the one thing that the movie really let us down on was filling out of the other characters. One very small scene with Lupin, Tonks was just a shell of a character, Kreacher needed to be there (according to a previous post regarding a comment on the movie from JKR), but what was in the movie was almost not worth having, Hagrid virtually was MIA, the centaurs had no dialogue and where were Peaves, nearly Headless Nick and the FatLady? I feel as though some of those things really needed to be given substance to make the movie flow better. Never mind, better luck with the next one I hope.

Avatar Image says:

I remember this behind-the-scenes footage with Bellatrix where it showed part of her and Sirius’s duel (which was cut from the film). Sirius says, “Come on, cousin!” Why the HECK wasn’t that in the film. btw, Tonks wasn’t punk enough, but I’m really glad that her nose wasn’t pierced, :). I can’t stand pierced noses.

Avatar Image says:

I really liked the way they cast Tonks in OOTP, I identify myself a lot with her, and I love the fact that she’s carefree, laidback, and clumsy but still a pretty girl….

Avatar Image says:

I think the reason why they made her hair purplish was for estatical reasons, that her complexion would have looked better with purple hair, since she originally is of spanish decent.

Avatar Image says:

I love Natalia. She is sooo cool. Her hair looks good in purple. But it sucks that she doesn’t live in the 7th book. She is sooo awsome.

Avatar Image says:

Natalia should have been in more of the film. I hope on the next movie there are more scenes of her. She is my favorite character. I hope she stays for the last two movies. I am a big fan of hers. But in the Order of the Phoenix, she should have had pink hair. She looks great with purple hair. :) I still can believe that her aunt is Bellatrix. I thought that her hair was going to be all spiky and stuff. I just glad the she doesn’t have her nose pierced. Natalia is very beautiful. I thought some one else was going to get the part. I’m glad Natalia got the part. I love what she was wearing. I couldn’t believe that she is related the Sirius. Stay cool, Natalia. My favorite books are the same as hers. I wished that she had been in more scenes in the OOTP. I wanted to see her battle Bellatrix. That would have been cool. When she entered Harry’s room, I was like, she is soo Beautiful. She should have been given lines. She is clumsy in the movie, but she played her character well. I just wish that in the 6th book that there were more facts about her and Lupin. I couldn’t believe that she had fallen in love with Lupin. I hope that she gets more to say in the next movie.

Write a Reply or Comment