Video of “Deathly Hallows” Ready for Delivery

113

Jul 17, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

It’s getting closer everyone! The day Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released is just a few days away, and now Sky News in the UK has some tantalizing footage of the books being packed up ready for delivery to stores and homes every where. To watch(no spoilers!), click here.

Security does remain tight for this book. Reuters is reporting the lengths the publishers are going to, in order to try and keep the book and the contents secret and safe until July 21.

“We have had security all around the building, 24 hours a day, seven days a week,” Barnes & Noble Chief Executive Steve Riggio told Reuters.

In Britain, The Sunday Telegraph reported trucks carrying books from warehouses to shops will be fitted with satellite tracking systems to ensure they stick to assigned routes, while pallets of books have been fitted with alarms in an operation estimated to cost $20 million.

While a few Death Eaters may try and spoil it for anxious fans out there, a reminder that this website will not be posting such spoilers. Constant Vigilance everyone!

25 Responses to Video of “Deathly Hallows” Ready for Delivery

Avatar Image says:

What I want to know is if security is so tight how did that guy get it to post on the web. Sure it’s been taken down now and I’ve no idea what it said but if the publishers and JKR are sueing to get his identity it must be real and therefore there must be some story to how he got it?

Avatar Image says:

raises hand I have Alyson. But considering Ive seen two different “scans” of the book and they conflicted each other I dont believe it.

They really are going out of their way to keep this stuff private though. They dont need to spend 20 million on a book. Its nice that they care so much.

Avatar Image says:

imagine having the job of wrapping the books up like those girls by the conveyor belt! I would definitely not be able to have book aafter book in my hands and not at least peek at a chapter or two!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m definetely not going to be on the internet or watching any television anymore i saw the site i didnt read any of it but there were pictures of the book and the pages at the bottom of the page. Media sites have started posting the link to those sites well a media site here in Australia has. So be careful when going on media sites.

Avatar Image says:

GAAAAH!!!! Are we EVER going to get chapter titles???? The book comes out in 4 DAYS!!! We should at least have some titles or a short excerpt!!!!

Avatar Image says:

sooo close…im like terrfied im gonna hav the book spoiled for me, im like SUPER careful on the internet… 3 days!!!

Avatar Image says:

I just cant belive they spent nearly 20 million on security and they still had a leak and even though the site that originaly put it up was ordered to take it down there are so many people that made copies they are popping up every where i have decided not to go anywhere but leaky for the next 3 or 4 or 5 dayz!

Avatar Image says:

I am soooo excited about this book that I can hardly stand to read anything on TLC. I get a terrible impatient feeling thinking how far away Friday midnight is. I agree that it’s best to avoid the internet. I was a bit spoiled just looking at the Drudge Report today.

Avatar Image says:

If you look really closely at the video it is actually HBP they are packing, not DH so they can’t even be allowed cameras in there.

As for the leaks an article I just read by someone who has looked at them all said there are many contradictions, including between ones that have been ordered removed by Bloomsbury/Scholastic. So just because it’s been removed doesn’t mean its true

Avatar Image says:

Ahhh the books seem awfully skinny even in the packaging….but I guess that’s because the British editions are always smaller due to the printing/text size. My UK and US editions of the PS/SS are much different in size.

Avatar Image says:

(Guys, please don’t delete this because this is NOT a spoiler comment. I’m not one of those guys who want to spoil the ending for DH, because like J.K.R. and the publishers, it’s best to find out on your own.)

It’s nice to see DH being already prepped for delivery, but here in the U.S. I already have mine (it shipped last Friday and arrived earlier this morning!). While I’m excited at getting the book so early in advance, it is disheartening that I can’t tell you anything (not a gag order, per se, just to respect J.K.R. and the fans). What I can tell you is that it is good.

Avatar Image says:

Matthew, how did you get the book early?

Avatar Image says:

Hi everyone! I’m very very frightened of spoilers, so nowadays I only get stuck to Leaky…congratulations to all the team…you are really really doing a wonderful and impressive work :). Other places are absolutely stuffed with spoilers; so I strongly encourage everyone to stay JUST here :); I feel completely safe. The only spoiler I read so far (and it wasn’t really a spoiler)was abou somebody complaining about the “horrible epilogue”, so I suppose that it was a stupid hoax…I can’t believe that kind of things :_(; and Matthew you comment about the book being goodmade me happy :)

Congrats again for you all, you are awesome!

Avatar Image says:

twinkletoes, Matthew is lying! There is NO WAY that he has already received the book. He is just taunting you.

Avatar Image says:

Nope, I’m not. There’s something wrong with my digital camera, and if it was functioning properly, I’d have posted links up to see it and the package it came in already. Grr, I hate it when no one believes me.

Avatar Image says:

Matthew, who sent you the book? And was it mailed, or delivered by UPS or FedEX or a company like that?

Avatar Image says:

The clip for this, if you look at it is for the half blood prince and not for the 7th book.

Avatar Image says:

...there were no spoilers in my original comment. Not sure what I did to get it deleted.

Avatar Image says:

Some “Deathly Hallows” books are being printed near where I live in Indiana. The books are being transported by a train on tracks that are rarely used. The workers in the printing plant are keeping very tight-lipped about the book of course, and the people of that town call the train the “Hogwarts Express.”

Avatar Image says:

Reading all of this news makes me so excited for when we can all finally read the book! This morning I answered a trivia question for my local news channel and I won a free copy of DH, and I got the privledge to be in the front of the line at midnight at the Barnes and Noble in my city. I cant wait! =D

Avatar Image says:

ong it sooo close!! i pray to god that for once the book isnt spoiled for me, as was the deaths of books 5 and 6. but sadly hp is on everyones lips. i heard someone say they know who dies in book 7 and they whispered it in someones ear…by friday everyone will know and i pray soo hard no idiots yell it out coz there’s people like that at our school whod just want to say it to upset fans…I REALLY DONT WANT IT SPOILED! lol

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t realize the leak had spread so far H P Fan until I checked one of the age’s online site and read the article about it. They didn’t list any of the spoiler stuff but what’s in there is disturbing enough, eg about bloggers publishing lists of who dies etc.

Two things I don’t understand is A) how could people read pictures of pages so quickly? and more importantly B) why now only two days out whould they do this? What is the psychology behind that? Is it I want to ruin things for you or is it a bragging I’m better than you or I got one up on you? Either way it seems to me to resound of somebody who’s pretty pathetic Still I’d like to hear the story of how they got a copy, guess we’ll find that out after the release (two more sleeps as I’d say to my kids)

Avatar Image says:

Keep away from file-sharing sites and photo-sharing sites! I’ve seen a photo-sharing site which had a spoiler! I hate it when they try to spoil it for the HP fans!

Avatar Image says:

Man i would Love to get my hands on one of those t-shirts! that would rock!

Avatar Image says:

I wish Bloomsbury/Scholastic would release an official list of chapter titles or something…I haven’t read more than snippets of the scans going around the net, but they all have widely conflicting information AND from the few paragraphs I have seen (especially the purported epilogue), to me the syntax has a very “American” feel to it, if that makes any sense. If they’re fakes I think Bloomsbury/Scholastic should make that clear, because that would help put a stop to random leaks by spoilers who’ve read these manuscripts.

Write a Reply or Comment