“Deathly Hallows” Shatters Sales Records

115

Jul 22, 2007

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Less than 48 hours after the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the list of records the book has broken is already starting to pile up. Bloomsbury has said that more than 3 million copies have already been sold in the UK, beating HBP‘s record by 150%. Meanwhile Scholastic says the book sold more than 8.3 million copies in the first 24 hours in the U.S., estimating that Scholastic has broken “all publishing records” by doing so.

“The excitement, anticipation, and just plain hysteria that came over the entire country this weekend was a bit like the BeatlesÂ’ first visit to the U.S.”, stated Lisa Holton, Chief Muggle, Scholastic (aka President, Scholastic Trade and Book Fairs), in a press release. “This weekend kids and adults alike are sitting on buses, in the park, on airplanes and in restaurants reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The conversations the readers have been waiting to have for 10 years have just begun.” Holton continued, “The glowing reviews have been calling this book a classic for all time. Congratulations to J.K. Rowling on her tremendous literary achievement.”

7 Responses to “Deathly Hallows” Shatters Sales Records

Avatar Image says:

All I will say is fabulous! Simply fabulous. I just finished reading it along with my 13 year old and 15 year old. I plan on starting it over tomorrow. Need to give my 46 year old eyes a rest. Best book! Best series! Way to go Jo!!

Avatar Image says:

LOVED IT. But in a bit of a depressive state. I just didn’t want it to end. Jo wrapped everything up perfectly. sniff… amazing. brilliant, extraordinary.

Avatar Image says:

Absolutely the best book of the series, and one of the best books I’ve ever read. I tried so hard to read slowly, but it still only took me eleven hours to finish. I just couldn’t put it down.

Jo, I love every one of the books, they’re all brilliant—but this one is a masterpiece. Bravo!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe she had all that in her head for so long!

What a ride.

Well done, Jo. I got the book within minutes and was reading it by 00:20, and had finished it by lunch time (with 2 hours sleep – I ran out of caffeine!). I’m now going to read it slowly now no-one can spoil the plot. What a wonderful thing this has been and will continue to be. My bookshop had a smoke machine and the actress who plays Pansy Parkinson who was lovely.

Well done, Leaky, for being wise enough to disable comments for a time. Spoilers are already everywhere. What is wrong with these people??

Peace and love everyone.

Avatar Image says:

omg…best potter book…undoubtedly….have started reading it again…!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe she had all that in her head for so long!

What a ride.