Video of Jo Reading from “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”

112

Jul 24, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As many know, author J.K. Rowling read from the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at the midnight release of the book in London. For those that were either waiting to watch until later to avoid spoilers, or having trouble accessing the streaming video online at the Bloomsbury website (here), please note we now have it for you here in our galleries, including an iPod friendly version. Enjoy!

Reminder: As “Deathly Hallows” has now been released here in the US and in other countries, there is a chance that spoilers will be in the comments. Readers wishing to avoid spoilers are cautioned.

6 Responses to Video of Jo Reading from “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”

Avatar Image says:

Whooo first comment (i think) Wish i could’ve gone to the reading i did enter :(

Avatar Image says:

Thanks guys I wanted to see the reading! I just got done watching a preview of the JKR interview on the Today show and I can’t wait for the whole interview, fans got to ask questions so I am sure we will get some good answers!

Avatar Image says:

Hey all!!!! I finished the HP and the deathly hallows. Just wanted to say EXCELLENT BOOK!!!

Avatar Image says:

Hehehehe I appear on the video, at the end!!! :) what magic night, i will never NEVER forget.

Avatar Image says:

I finished reading DH yesterday and I am still mesmerised by it’s plot.I had guessed some of the revealations beforehand but JKR was still able to surprise us.It took me 3 days to finish it.I was one of the first Indians to get the book as the book was released here in India at about 6 am IST.I know many of the fans will try to kill me for saying this,but JKR,as she said previously,shouldn’t continue the series as the series has reached it’s finality now with almost all the important revealations.Everything in the series was based on the number 7 hence there should only be 7 books.Any attempt at it will destroy it’s attraction.I am waiting for JKR to give us a great new story with a great new hero as astounding,as magical yet as simple-minded as Harry.

Avatar Image says:

OH! There’s nothing quite like listening to Jo read Potter. Next to Stephen Fry’s outstanding theatrical reading of the series, I would choose to listen to Jo read all day. sigh.

Write a Reply or Comment