Alfonso Cuaron "Really Tempted" by "Deathly Hallows" Film

Movies
July 29, 2007, 07:59 PM

Rotten Tomatoes UK recently caught up with Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuaron and spoke to him about his feelings on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and asked the director if he had any interest in returning to direct the film of the last Harry Potter book. Saying he has just begun reading “Deathly Hallows”, Alfonso Cuaron gave the following answer about his feelings if he were to be offered a directing position for the film adaptation of the book:

“You know, it was such a great opportunity and such a beautiful two years and everything around Harry Potter – JK Rowling’s creation – is enveloped in this really beneficial energy. I got the benefits of that energy for those two years. So yes I’d be very tempted to do so even though, at this point, I feel a little bit like I have to try to do the films that are not going to exist without me. On the same token, I would be really tempted because it was really beautiful. I just started reading the last book and something I respect is the care the producers have put in the film franchise. It would have been so easy after the success of the series just to take the cynical approach of knowing that no matter what people are going to see those movies. Actually they’ve been taking a lot of care from beginning to end, so yeah I would be really tempted.”

Thanks much to Joe from RottenTomatoes!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Bratpack
Posted by Bratpack on July 29, 2007, 09:59 PM report to moderator
goodguyseatpie
Posted by goodguyseatpie on July 29, 2007, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Sirina
Posted by Sirina on July 29, 2007, 10:00 PM report to moderator

"It is my understanding that my predecessor not only performed illegal curses in front of you, he actually performed them [i]on[/i] you --"[br]"Well, he turned out to be a maniac, didn't he?" said Dean Thomas hotly. "Mind you, we still learned loads --"