Dan Radcliffe Talks OotP in New Interview

271

Jul 03, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Interviews with Dan Radcliffe just keep rolling in today, our new Order partner DanRadcliffe.com got the opportunity to speak with Dan recently about his role in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. During a break from filming, Dan spoke of his experience working with Imelda Staunton, who plays Dolores Umbridge, where he remarks as scenes with her being the most interesting to film so far. Dan also discusses scenes soon to be filmed (at the time of the interview) where he must show a powerful anger as well as how he feels his character, Harry, copes with tragedy in the film, saying:

Generally I think he copes very badly, but I think what I admire about the way he copes is he tries to cope with it on his own. He doesn’t make his problems other people’s problems. He just sits there and actually tries to work it out on his own. The only person he sort of really, really reaches out to is Sirius. He usually reaches out to Dumbledore, but Dumbledore is being aloof this year, which is another thing to add to his frustration.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be in theaters July 11.

8 Responses to Dan Radcliffe Talks OotP in New Interview

Avatar Image says:

I love interviews, but I wish they would ask differnt questions. I’ve heard Dan say the same thing a billion times…it’s an emotional film…WE GET IT!!!

Avatar Image says:

I feel like tacos…

Avatar Image says:

i expect there’s only so much you can say about the film in a billion interviews.

if you want something different look at the Q Magazine scans on danradcliffe.com.

Avatar Image says:

The 5th book could be my favourite, but there is almost no Dumbledore in it… As Dan says, he is “aloof”... I hope I’ll enjoy the movie!!

Avatar Image says:

True, but you have to keep in mind that interview was done in July 2006 – before all these other interviews…so he hadn’t said all the same things at that point to anyone…and there are a few things in there that have not been mentioned in other recent interviews.

Avatar Image says:

Actually Dan is the only one who always gives original answers even if he is asked the same things thousands of times. I really enjoy his interviews, he has a great sense of humor and it’s fantastic to see he knows Harry so well. It’s so true Harry always keeps his worries to himself. There is one scene in the books where he is thining Hermione will react saying him to tell about it to one of the older people, and Ron will react being scared. Plus, Harry has always been alone since he was a kid so he has learned to keep his things for himself. And when he finds someone he can talk about these things, they die… first Sirius, and when he was closer with Dumbledore… No wonder Harry was so angry and isolated in OotP. And because of the reviews I’ve read, Dan has portrayed him in the movie exactly like he is in the book. :)

Avatar Image says:

Gandalfxj9, I think you should read the interviews before writting, because Dan doesn’t say that in this interview. ;)

There are many new things in this interview, I didn’t know they have filmed that scene with Harry and Dumbledore, I can not wait to see it!

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: Not the best...

Write a Reply or Comment