PotterCast 98: Thousand Oaks, California!

113

Jul 03, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Thousand Oaks, California is PotterCast 98′s destination on our summer tour for PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast! To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (—>), or use iTunes, or direct download.

Live from Thousand Oaks, CA:

- 5 questions: Harry Live, Snape is Good, Harry is not a Horcurx, Harry won’t return to Hogwarts for school, We will travel behind the veil?
- Cannon Conundrums: Did Dumbledore have a Last Will like Sirius did? If so, who would be listed in it and what would be give whom?
- Thousand Oaks rocks at the Dueling Game.
- Fan Reactions: Snape is neither good nor bad; Tom Riddle’s trophy for “Special Services to the School” might be a Horcurx; Being cleared of all charges, why wouldn’t Hagrid be able to get a new wand? Did Dumbledore and Snape have an unbreakable vow? Magical Creatures could play a large role in destroying Horcruxes, and more!

RT: 1:11:47

Editor: Matt Kelliher

PotterCast’s Summer of Seven Tour
HarryPotterSeven.com
Harry and the Potters
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (30 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (9 MB).

To see photos from this live PotterCast, go here in our Image Galleries! If you have photos from the event that you’d like to share, please email us at [email protected]

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

9 Responses to PotterCast 98: Thousand Oaks, California!

Avatar Image says:

Squeeeee! That’s MY magical creature theory! The summer of 7 continues . . .

Avatar Image says:

With all due respect, the “17 year old Harry went back in time and was the one at Hogwarts on Hallowe’en, 1981” was discussed elsewhere on the ‘net before I heard about it on Leaky… on the adult HP Fansite, Diagon Alley, for one, month prior to hearing about the “you broke my brain” episode of Pottercast … to assert that it was originated by a Pottercast listener might not be accurate… certainly it was discussed, highlighted in a Pottercast, etc. but I think it’s not possible to pinpoint the origin of the theory.

Avatar Image says:

I tried to search the Diagon Alley forum to see how similar the two theories are, but I was unable to find the discussion you mention. Could you provide the forum topic or a closer estimate of the date it was being discussed? Individuals do develop similar theories entirely on their own. I’m interested in reading the Diagon Alley theory as originally posted. Hope you can help, but, if not, thanks for trying.

Avatar Image says:

I think the dragon on the delux cover is Snape. I think JK Rowling couldn’t tell us his patronus because then when we would see the cover it would give away his anamigus.

Just a thought! Love the podcast!

Avatar Image says:

I live in Thousand Oaks, how could I not have known about it?

Avatar Image says:

I’m from Thousand Oaks! How utterly bizarre!

YAY!

Avatar Image says:

I will post a link to the topic as soon as diagonally.org is back up (I visit it daily, and it never goes down like this!) but if you search on the word “bittersweet” you’ll find a posting by me on this topic, inspired by a comment someone else made, um, I don’t quite remember fully, but it was related to time travel in Book 7. When I get the specific topic link, I’ll put it here.

Avatar Image says:

I found that topic: it was on the topic called “Bold predictions for Book 7”. I posted in Dec 2006, based on something someone else mentioned, possibly in another thread, so I don’t remember where the theory originated… here’s my post:

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: I recorded it...

Write a Reply or Comment