J.K. Rowling “Today Show” Interview Transcript, Web Only Video Extras

112

Jul 30, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As mentioned below, “Dateline NBC” broadcast a lengthy new interview with author J.K. Rowling. Segments of this interview were broadcast earlier this week; now online is the transcript from the entire interview. Please note this interview contains many many spoilers for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, however if you wish to read this fascinating new interview, click here.

Also on the Dateline website are a few videos labeled “Web Exclusive Videos,” including one of Jo giving a candid reaction to what she thought about all those leaks and spoilers posted and published before the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Also featured is a video called “Harry Potter’s Cult Following,” which focuses on the Phoenix Rising convention held in May in New Orleans, and also includes a quick clip from our own Melissa Anelli. To watch all of these videos,click here, then down below where it says the Web Exclusive Videos.”
Update: The entire interview is now available here in our galleries. Enjoy! (spoiler caution as well for those still reading “Deathly Hallows”!) The web extra clips are on the way as well.

14 Responses to J.K. Rowling “Today Show” Interview Transcript, Web Only Video Extras

Avatar Image says:

The interview was really good and so were the “bonus clips”...it was great to hear Jo’s explanation of the book

Avatar Image says:

I did expect one of the weasleys to die. I wished no one of them will, but given how close they were to Harry, its hardly a surprise. I am glad its only one member, not two!

Wardaa

Avatar Image says:

Sweet interview, now I’d like to listen to pottercast. I need pottercast, it’s a really good show.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been on dial up the past couple weeks, so I havn’t been able to listen to the videos with Rowling or listen to any potter/muggle casts. It was great to see this info in transcript form :D I liked hearing her talk openly about things, and I can’t wait for more info! dances

Avatar Image says:

It was great to read her real comments for once. She must be so relieved that she can say what ever she wants without giving too much away

Avatar Image says:

wow that was an awsm interview..But as usual I wish I could have a bit more like you know more answers on what she left out in Deathly Hallows…hehe but an awsm inteview just wished I could have watched the 1 hour video though…lol

Avatar Image says:

when will the video be up? i can’t wait to watch the whole interview!!!

Avatar Image says:

I love that she can be so candid now!

Avatar Image says:

I really enjoyed this interview. JKR answered several questions I have about DH.

Along with other HP fans, I believed DH had a number of references to religious and Nazi themes. I was very pleased that she dealt with that question.

I was also very unhappy with the epilogue. But again, she answered many of my questions in this interview.

LOVE YA JKR!

Avatar Image says:

the video doesnt work for the ipod download. It says that it is not a video file

Avatar Image says:

I am confused – in the Today Show she says Ron joins Harry as an Auror – but in the Bloomsbury chat she said Ron joins George at the shop… So, Ron does both, is it? Or is it a slip?

Avatar Image says:

I’, with Kosh. Jo says Harry and Ron are aurors but in Bloomsbury she says Ron joins George at the shop and they do quite well?? I think she is speaking off the cuff and making it up as she goes.

Avatar Image says:

i agree kathy.i think she is making this up as she goes along.she said before she was only going to write 7 books,and then it went to,no,i might write an 8th one….

Avatar ImageTheCrogePodge says: I wish I worked for the Today Show, so that I, too, could meet Jo. Ah, well....one day....

Write a Reply or Comment