Documentary on J. K. Rowling Scheduled to be Broadcast this Winter

Jul 06, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

More J. K. Rowling news comes today from the Sun Newspaper who is reporting that unprecedented access has been given to RDF Media for a ‘fly-on-the-wall documentary’ thought to air on UK television station ITV1. According to the article, the program has been in production over the past year, filming the author during the time the final Harry Potter was being written. Scheduled for broadcast this winter, we’ll update you on further details about this documentary when they come available.

26 Responses to Documentary on J. K. Rowling Scheduled to be Broadcast this Winter

Avatar Image says:

Pinch of salt: The sun isnt the most reputable of the british newspapers ie: they tell lies so id wait for more confirmation.

Avatar Image says:

OMG This sounds fantastic!! Cant wait-especially if it shows the writing of book 7!!

Avatar Image says:

docs are neat, jo is great, therefore a doc about jo shall be splendid.

Avatar Image says:

Did you see Jo on Friday night with Jonatan Ross!!!! The Last Word in DH is NOT scar!!!!

And Bob Hoskins could play a part in last movie!!

She was Wonderful.

Avatar Image says:

EDWARD BTW- ON JONATHAN ROSS JO SAID PEOPLE ASSUME “TWO CHARACTERS DIE, WELL ITS A BLOODBATH! WELL NOT A BLOODBATH BUT MORE THAN TWO DIE!!” ALSO WHEN ASKED ABOUT THE FUTURE POSSIBILITIES OF MORE POTTER “I DONT THINK I WOULD WRITE MORE HARRY POTTER, BUT NEVER SAY NEVER AS I DONT KNOW HOW ILL FEEL ABOUT IT IN TEN YEARS TIME!”

JO. DONT WRITE HARRY POTTER. WRITE JAMES POTTER! I WANT HIS STORY-WITH LILY, THE SUMMERS WITH SIRIUS, HARRYS GRANDPARENTS, RIGHT UP UNTIL THE NIGHT HE DIED. PLEASE!!!

Avatar Image says:

I was laughing at Paul Weller asking for an autograph lol. I dunno if I believe this. Jo, is a notorious private person, and the idea of a film crew filming her, I find difficult to believe. But, I’ll be happy to be proven wrong :p

Avatar Image says:

The interview was good. She was really interesting.

We did of course already know about there being more than two people dying in the last book. I think that was the newspapers fault for mis interpreting what she said all thats time ago.

2 weeks!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think this documentary thing may be true ‘cos there was a report in a newspaper (link:http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=231771&command=displayContent&sourceNode=231773&contentPK=17755058&folderPk=108571&pNodeId=231777) where Jo visited her roots possibly for filming the documentary.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness; I can’t wait for this documentary! I have always wanted to see what goes on ‘behind the scenes’. Jo is a real treasure, and I amazed that she can handle all this and still be a mom to three- I think I would crumble from all the stress if it was me; either that, or I would be spending unusually large amounts of time at the Three Broomsticks…

Avatar Image says:

No clip for Jonathan Ross yet? Gyah! Help us poor non-Brits out please =)

And this idea sounds amazing but sadly I don’t believe The Sun…

Avatar Image says:

BTW: HAPPY 7/7/7! MAGIC DAY! WOULD I BE MAD TO HOPE FOR A JO SITE UPDATE ON SUCH A DATE?

Avatar Image says:

This will be fantastic – if true. Fingers crossed the Sun are telling the truth for once.

Avatar Image says:

Amy – I wanted to help but currently have no way of getting it over from my TV to my pc (ie, I have mislaid the cable)

Avatar Image says:

That’s great MlleMolly! Bob Hoskins has already acted with Daniel, when he played David Copperfield, like Maggie Smith and Imelda Stauton who were also in that movie. I wonder if he would play a new character or someone we already know? I hope someone upload a video of the interview soon.

Avatar Image says:

If this is true, that’s MAD WICKED. Plus, as we all know, any groundbreaking documentary leaves the door open for a tongue-and-cheek parody a la Spinal Tap, which would be a hilarious way to honor Harry Potter following the series’s conclusion. What do you reckon, would someone like Ricky Gervais be up for a project like that?

In all seriousness, I’ve always relished these kinds of pop-culture retrospectives. This would be awesome.

Avatar Image says:

I’m super excited for anything of her’s coming out. I’ve read biographies on Jo and would love to see film of her life and works. I can’t believe the end is so NEAR!

Avatar Image says:

well remember the Sun was the first paper to report that Jo had signed that statue and no one believed it. Turns out that was true. Seems likely now that everyone does believe it, it would turn out to be false. rofl.

but you never know. would be really cool though.

Avatar Image says:

I would love to see a doc about Jo ESPECIALLY when she was filming DH. It’d be so wonderful to watch her… I think I would enjoy it more if it came out before the book though. Whatever happens we are going to see how Jo felt about it. That really makes me almost scared for the last book. I can’t believe it is really over. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY SHE SHOULD KEEP WRITING FOREVER!!!

Avatar Image says:

Is the Sun like Lunna’s Quibbler?

Avatar Image says:

LOL! I agree Abby! I’d love it if Jo could keep us inundated with Potter stories. Pre-Potter, Post-Potter ANYTHING Potter!

I hope this doc – if true – will be done tastefully as I admire this woman more than anyone on the planet. She is just fantastic!

Avatar Image says:

mugglenet put up the jo interview w/ross. it cuts at 8 min and so but it is better than nothing until we get the full lenght one. http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1059

Avatar Image says:

I could see Bob Hoskins as Slughorn.

Avatar Image says:

part 2 of the video is up on mugglenet now.

Avatar Image says:

I’ll believe it when it’s in a better newspaper. The Sun’s the worst for just making things up.

Thomas- Bob Hoskins would be a new character by the sound of it unless Jo was also thinking of HBP. I think he’d make a great Slughorn.

Hoskin’s interview with Jonathan Ross last night was hilarious. I wish Leaky would post it as an addition to Jo’s because they talk a lot about HP books. They talked about why Hoskins hadn’t had a part in HP movies yet. Ross asked JKR jokingly is she had remembered to include a character for Hoskins in Book 7. She did a mock “oh I’m sorry I forgot” but after a bit she chipped in saying “wait a minute there is one” and that he was a wizard, at which Hoskins got really excited. Then followed a hilarious bit where Ross and Hoskins were trying to imagine who the character would be. They made him Welsh and Jo said “that could work”. You’d have to watch it because a transcript wouldn’t do it justice (not to mention it would be censored!).

It’s a pity it’s not on YouTube yet hint hint, anyone with a recording ;).

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: That is a great doc...

Write a Reply or Comment