Harry Potter Actors on UK Film Council Power List

120

Aug 12, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Several actors from the Harry Potter films are on a list from UK Film Council of the “most powerful British film stars and movie-makers in Hollywood today.” The Telegraph reports that the trio, better known as Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), are ranked joint fourth on this list with £1.75 billion. This number is reflective of the first four films and “reveals the country’s most successful actors in terms of box office earnings over the course of the past five years.”

Also on the list is acclaimed actor Ralph Fiennes, who portrays Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter films. He is listed at number ten with £713 million, including his performance in “Goblet of Fire” as well as such films as “Red Dragon,” “Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit,” and “Maid in Manhattan”

Finally, film directors are included on this power list as well, mentioning Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire director Mike Newell who is ranked at the top spot with £442 million.

Thanks Mary!

11 Responses to Harry Potter Actors on UK Film Council Power List

Avatar Image says:

Great news! They deserve it!

Avatar Image says:

Thumbs up!!! Great job! ^^

Avatar Image says:

I love Ralph!!!!! He is wonderful!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Cool beans.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, you know I was recently watching an old animated movie I love (Prince of Egypt) and actually sat through the credits, when I was suprised to see this listed:

Rameses—Ralph Fiennes

I was so surprised! I’m like, VOLDEMORT!!!

Avatar Image says:

I really dont totally understand what it is that they won but what ever it is congradulations, They really deserve it.

Avatar Image says:

That kinda sounds condasending but it really was ment to I really do belive they deserve it all.

Avatar Image says:

Go trio!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

congratulations to the power Trio! =) and to Ralph and Mike Newell, too! well done!

Avatar Image says:

kori_elizabeth, I second you. Though news should pick up a bit when stuff starts to come out for the HBP film, when Jo does her open book tour, and hopefully when she starts to show signs of writing that encyclopedia. :)

Avatar Image says:

THere’s something very wrong with this list. They gave credit to an actor for just being in a blockbuster film even if that actor is not the lead. Legolas was a tiny character in the LotR series. It’s not Orlando’s film. They should rename this list into a biggest blockbusters list instead. The Forbes list was beter researched IMO. At least they considered the actors’s talent fee ehich is a gauge of a celebrity’s market value. That’s why I don’t rejoice that the trio is included there. It’s still HP they are crediting, not the individual actors.

Write a Reply or Comment