Rupert Grint Talks “Half-Blood Prince” Script and More

289

Aug 22, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Rupert Grint has made a few public appearances lately, attending the popular V festival concert in the UK (photos here), as well as appearing on the Jo Whiley Radio Show. Thanks to our Order parter RupertGrint.net, we now know that during the radio interview which was broadcast on BBC Radio, Rupert spoke about the upcoming sixth Harry Potter film, which is due to begin filming next month. Rupert is quoted as saying:

We sort of read the script through. We got all the cast to come around to read the script and we’ll be filming it for another year so.. Ron’s got a girlfriend in this one. It’s a little bit more intense for him! [laughs] So it should be fun!”

To listen to this interview, click here, select Monday under where it says “Listen Again.” Rupert talks about the HBP film just after the 21:00 mark on the player. Also be sure to check out a very funny interview taped with Rupert at the V festival concert, where Rupert shows us a very cool jacket that has …goggles (rather useful too for Quidditch). Enjoy!

Thanks much to our parters at RupertGrint.net!

52 Responses to Rupert Grint Talks “Half-Blood Prince” Script and More

Avatar Image says:

finally some HP news! :p at least we have the 2 films and a very possible encyclopedia to look forward to :)

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is so cool! I wonder what he thought of the last book?

Avatar Image says:

I’m beginning to find Rupert’s awkwardness in interviews more appealing. Not sure why. Maybe it’s because Dan and Emma always seem to know what they’re going to say and come off as a little rehearsed (and bored). And then again, maybe it’s just because of the Harry Potter t-shirt he wore at the OOTP premiere. I LOVED IT.

Whatever the reason, the “Yeah, that was way cool” is starting to grow on me.

GO RUPERT!!!!!

Can’t wait for HBP!

Avatar Image says:

Haha, oh my god. I love his sense of humor.

Avatar Image says:

They’ve had the whole cast around? Meaning they’ve officially cast Narcissa and the other new characters? Oooooh! Hope we get a casting announcement soon then :)

Avatar Image says:

Haha, a squirty cream can :D

I want that jacket….

Avatar Image says:

I can’t find his quote! :( Can someone please help me?! The player starts at 21:00:00, but his quote isn’t thre. Or is it 21:21:00? HELP!

Avatar Image says:

OK all you hip young fans, I thought the trio were into British and European bands from previous interviews. Aren’t the Foo Fighters and Pink Americans? I am getting old and dopey in my old age.

Avatar Image says:

If filming is going to take a year or so than HPB is not going to make it out in NOV. 08. I never thought the time line for HBP sounded right when they said 11/08 as a release time since that gave them only 14 months to film and edit. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Avatar Image says:

“Won Won”....”Lav Lav”...Need I say more ;-)

Michele. I don´t think that´ll you need to worry about the movie not being finish untill november 2008…Most of the younger cast are “over” age, And can therefor work full time. I believe that Emma is the only one of the trio who´s still in school

Avatar Image says:

OMG the whole cast? does someone know who is going to play Narcissa?

Avatar Image says:

i read it’s naomi watts playing narcissa.yay! can’t wait for spiner’s end scene!!!

Avatar Image says:

Okay so is it after 21 minutes? Because it wasn’t there. I’ll keep searching.

Avatar Image says:

Okay I found it. You have to skip to 2hrs 5 mins in, and the quote is there from Rupert.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Dawn! I was having trouble finding the quote. The program starts at 17:00 and you need to skip until 19h05 to hear Rupert.

Avatar Image says:

Isn’t Naomi Watts Australian?

Yes she is

Avatar Image says:

Naomi’s been saying in recent interviews that she actually considers herself British, apparently she was born in England and lived there til she was 14, and they say she’s been slowly dropping her Australian accent in favor of an English one – all this in hopes of getting the role of Narcissa. So yeah, there’s a chance it will be her, but it’s all rumors right now.

Molly, yeah, P!nk is American and I’m quite sure the Foo Fighters are too.

Avatar Image says:

Naomi Watts is British! She was born on Shoreham, England but raised in Australia (its on IMDB). Although it has not been officially confirmed that she is playing it yet, she would be good though.

I vote for her or Joley Richardson.

Avatar Image says:

I think the Naomi Watts hire was a rumour that turned out to be false.

As for it “taking a year,” I think Rupert means that it takes over a year for the film to be finished and released. For OotP, they spent 6 to 7 months filming. The actors will also have to do voice overs, etc. And then they will have several months of publicity, which is a lot of work.

Just think, we should be getting pictures of Hagrid’s hut in a few weeks. LoL.

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! WOW Rupert is so awesome, I love his jacket, hahahahahaha he is so cool, so that means that lavender brown been cast????? I really need to know all about the lucky girl that gets to make out with Rupe.

Avatar Image says:

I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE TO COME OUT!!!!!! Its really sad that all the books are finished, but atleast we still have two more films to look forward to!!! I hope jo ends up doing an encyclopaedia!!!! I’ll buy it straight away!!!

Avatar Image says:

Rupert can do the sound effects of the plunger when Ron looks up from snogging LavLav to hear Hermione is going with McCormac.

RE: The “squirty cream can” noise-

Why am I finding that so funny?

Avatar Image says:

Wow…it must be nice to be rich…thats one of those stush goggle jackets…i think those go for like 600-900 quid. So unless you have US$1000+ dollars to dish out…stick to wearing sunnies and a hoodie xD.

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know who is playing Slughorn? I haven’t heard any rumors about him yet?

Avatar Image says:

OMG i can’t wait for this movie to come out! i just loved the 5th one! i think the director is pretty good, you could tell he tryed not to leave out to much! Which im sure everyone knows you can’t fit everything in to the movie! lmao

Avatar Image says:

Ahahahaha!!!! I want that jacket! It’s really really expensive though!

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is absolutely the king of cool, who else has goggles on their jacket! That is just fantastic! LOL, love him!

Avatar Image says:

Whoa, that’s a seriously cool jacket! I want one (but I would want it to be green, not black). btw, Rupert is awesome! His character, Ron, and he himself remind me a lot of myself (my personality, not appearance).

Avatar Image says:

So Rupert has been to several public events. Good for him. But the Rupertfans really should stop saying that he’s shy and down to earth and doesn’t like the spotlight. All that kid lacks is the vocabulary and the social skills which can be remedied by going out on public events like this.What was interpreted by some as shyness is actually just inferiority cause he doesn’t have the social skills of Dan and Emma. Rupert is reinventing his image since GOF and wearing out of the ordinary get up like that googles jacket and that Dan shirt ought to make him grab some spotlight.

previous poster ginger <-- ew

yo, where is PC 114?

Avatar Image says:

Is he talking in past or is he just describing the general process, what they do every time?? Because if he’s talking in the past, that means that they’ve already cast Lavender!! ^^

Hmm. The fangirls are appeased. . . for now. ;D

BTW, Rupert=cool.

Avatar Image says:

i’m happy to finally have some Rupert news. =) i wish he had the chance to guest in one of the late night talk shows (preferably Conan) when they were promoting OoTP. and then each of the Trio would’ve been at my most fave show and my heart would’ve beat triple time. (cheesy) ;P

Harry.

Avatar Image says:

Am I really the only one who has problems to hear the show? I have Real Player on my PC but it just won´t work. :(

Ginger, Rupert used to be very shy, but he is growing up and coming into his own more and more. Everyone deals with coming into their own differently, and everyone who grows up in the spotlight deals with it differently. Rupert fortunately is not one to push himself into the spotlight, and he has the right to go to public events as much as he wants without being accused of seeking attention. None of the main three does that and neither one of the other younger HP cast from what we see.

Avatar Image says:

They haven’t made any official cast announcements and naomei watts isn’t playing Narcissa. They’re building the official half blood prince website up. type ‘www.harrypotterandthehalfbloodprince.com’ and it’ll go to the warner bros site. so i’m sure the HBP site will be up in the fall. They’ll make casting announcements once they start filimg probably.

ANYWAY. just when i though i couldn’t love rupert anymore, i watched that v festival interveiw and i completely freaked at how amazing he is. hahah, woooooo!

Avatar Image says:

rupert is so coll man hahha lol

Avatar Image says:

That jacket is cool and useful at the same time. Oh no! A gaggle of hardcore fans! flip! Immediate incognito. Kind of like what superheroes do but in reverse.

Avatar Image says:

Im so excited to see Rupert in this film. Every other film has been so focused on Harry, for good reason, that Rons often overlooked. I hope he’s just as thoughtless as he is in HBP! Cant wait!

DRACOOOOOOOOOOOO

awww, Rupert is so cute!

I felt sorry for him when she asked him to do an Elvis impression. Bless him.

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely have no problems with Rupert,but I think they’ve got the shyness part totally wrong. In the beginning he might have been over-awed by landing the role of Ron and being thrust in the spotlight from nowhere, but not anymore. He must be used to it by now,and don’t forget he’s also an actor and a very good one too-he could be just acting out the shy guy.We don’t really know him as a person so how could we know what he is really like off camera when not in the public eye? We can’t really say that we know any of the stars as they are in real life.The picture we get is a picture through the media only,and our impressions are only based on that.

Avatar Image says: well,hi ron!i'm malaysian.i'm fancies u when the first time i watch ur acting in harry potter and the philosopher stone.actually,i want to know u well.so,i hope u will reply this.Avatar Image says: well,hi ron!i'm malaysian.i'm fancies u when the first time i watch ur acting in harry potter and the philosopher stone.actually,i want to know u well.so,i hope u will reply this.Avatar Imagedumoujul says: Oh, Lord! I am laughing my lungs out! Rupert is so a good comedian!Avatar Imagedumoujul says: He is really good at faking lots of stuff! Seriously, it's just like he is acting for real!Avatar Imagedumoujul says: Oh, Lord! I am laughing my lungs out! Rupert is so a good comedian!

Write a Reply or Comment