Tell a Tale of Harry Potter

124

Aug 06, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Now that we have the final book in the Harry Potter saga, it is time to take a look back at how the series has affected you with our new contest for August. This month we are looking for funny and personal anecdotes involving you and the beloved series. Containing 300 words or less, the challenge is for fans ages 13 and older to regale us with a personal tale or memory, and submit these stories to contests@@the-leaky-cauldron.org by 11:59 pm August 31 (EST). For more information and discussion on this and all our contests, click here. Good luck!

14 Responses to Tell a Tale of Harry Potter

Avatar Image says:

I’m going to enter! First post! Yes!

An update! Yay!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah! Soo going to enter. :-) Harry Potter has changed my life more than you know.

Avatar Image says:

Harry potter’s series has alawys impressesd me very much!

Avatar Image says:

aw man, if only i find enough words to put into writing what the books have done to me! hopefully before august 31st. =)

Avatar Image says:

These books are great and have made me fail out of college.

Avatar Image says:

300 words are so not enuff. i need more like 500 at least…

oh well. revision time!

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

To sum up how Harry Potter has affected my life…

Harry is my childhood, my hedwig. He is my best Friend, my brother. He is my drive home, he is my run away.

Harry is my teacher, my Dumbledore. He has introduced me to life, he has taught my death. He clings to my thoughts, he has my day.

Harry has comferted my nightmares, He has inspired my dreams. He has put lights in the fog , he is lights in the dark. He has given courage, he has given me my heart.

He is, perhaps, me.

Katie C

*Change the ‘run away’ in the last post to ‘drive away’. opps :P

Avatar Image says:

Harry Potter is an emotional series for me. I have been through a lot since the first book and the series have been a solace to me. Just like Jo, I look forward to re-living Harry Potter by reading aloud to my 6 year old daughter, who has seen the movies, but doesn’t yet know how magical the books are. I guess I’ll be able to read her the first 3 books, and by the time we’re done with that, she’ll probably be old enough to take over the rest of the books by herself.

Avatar Image says:

Katie, thats good! You should email it to [email protected] if you havent already, to officially enter the contest!

Avatar Image says:

i have just written an amazing about 400 word mini essay about hp and me however it wouldnt let me save it and it got lost in the cyber world of my computer. It really made me realsie what hp has given to me – it hasnt ‘changed me life’ but made a pretty big dent. It kinda feel like fate that it wouldnt let me save cus i dont really need to write it out again to prove to the world what hp has done for me cus now i realise the amazing friends i have got from the series not just ron, hermione and harry but some of my best eqaully-obsessed friends in real life too and that will go further than anything really. This is also my last year in high school and writting that lil bit has made me relaised i need to make the most of it with my friends!

So thanks leaky for your hp input (and mugglenet and ew.net lol) and most of all JKR for her amazing imagination!

that probably sounds like total crud but i dont … really… care!

woop all hp fans!! xx

Avatar Image says:

just sent mine in!!! woot woot!

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

that is good katie! do you think i could get away with lying and saying im 13? i dont think they would find out…...

Write a Reply or Comment