264

Sep 03, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As part of the upcoming release of his new film”December Boys,” actor Dan Radcliffe is making a number of media appearances, including one this morning on NBC‘s the “Today Show.” In this new interview, Dan Radcliffe said he would begin filming his role as Harry Potter in “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” in “about two weeks.” He also indicated his enthusiasm for reprising his role in the play “Equus” here on Broadway, confirming plans are afoot to try and bring this play here to the US next spring. UPDATE: You can see video of Dan and this interview now here in our galleries.

26 Responses to Dan Radcliffe: Filming on “Half-Blood Prince” Begins in Two Weeks, Wants to Appear in Broadway Staging of “Equus”

Avatar Image says:

dangit, he looks good! Can’t wait to see him in this! Thanks for putting this link up!

Avatar Image says:

i cant wait to see december boys but i will need to wait longer cause i live in canada.. when will it be here??... i cant wait for half-blood prince either.. but if you have an imagination you can see the movie when you read the book since you know every character and what everything looks like.. i love the accent dan has the asutralian accent he needed for this.. in the trailer i didnt hear much of a difference but seeing those clips i see he changed it quite a bit.. i cant wait for more dan radcliffe movies

Avatar Image says:

Thanks SUE you ROCK! He looks so handsome and I am dying to see December Boys !!!!

Avatar Image says:

God, i’m so excited for Half-blood prince. Two weeks, yay! And i’m really excited for December Boys as well, i think it’s going to be an awesome movie!

Avatar Image says:

I can’;t find the video!

Avatar Image says:

Wow two weeks! =D Does anyone know when Evanna is going to be filming her scenes? She wrote me a letter & I want to reply but I want to do it while she’s at Leavesden because her mail isn’t forwarded to her when she’s not there!

Avatar Image says:

Never mind, I found it! He looks great in the new movie and I hope to see it soon! And wow, 2 weeks til filming. That’d be exciting!

Avatar Image says:

Great interview. Can’t wait to see December Boys. But the interviewer kept pronouncing Equus “ekoos”. Yeesh.

Avatar Image says:

kaylyn, December Boys is scheduled to come in October, at least according to Tribute.ca. He looks good and he sounds really excited about starting to film the sixth movie. Can’t wait to see December Boys. He’s also on The Tonight Show on Thursday night.

Avatar Image says:

He’s on Regis and Kelly tomorrow as well.

Avatar Image says:

2007 is truly the year of Dan! This is a very good thing, as for grounded and down to earth (and yes, quite handsome) as he is, one can just not get too much Dan Radcliffe!

Equus to Broadway?!? Yes! I’m there! Went to London to see him, so you know I’m heading to the Big Apple as well!

Becca:

That was really nice that you took time to write to Evanna and she took time to write back. That is what makes this fandom so special … the connection and shared community of the fans … I was sooooo thrilled that Luna was being played by a real fan … I keep re-reading DH to try to find a character that I could play … not too many “50 somethings” in that one … I wonder how old Charity Burbage was … I cry out to Severus for help … wonder if I would have to take dramamine to keep from getting dizzy hanging upside down … either way … Warner Brothers … can I have first dibs on that part :-)

Avatar Image says:

Very cool! I really wanted to see him in Equus! Maybe I’ll have a chance now!!

Avatar Image says:

Dan looked so handsome and hot in that interview, I cannot believe he is back in America, he does look good and December Boys looks to be a very nice story to watch, I cannot wait to see him playing this character Maps, kuddos dan!!

Avatar Image says:

YAY! FILMING IN TWO WEEKS!! squee Thanks Sue!

Avatar Image says:

Hi becca- I just wrote a letter to Evanna, did you use her address at Leavesden Studios? I just wanted to check with you, as she obviously got your letter. I hope she gets mine! :D

Avatar Image says:

It’s so long ago that he shot December Boys, it must be weird for Dan for it to be coming out now after all this time. I’ll mention this because I know someone else eventually will – it looks like Dan won’t be having longer hair for HBP. Is this good or bad? I’m not really the one to judge…

Avatar Image says:

performingmonkey, “December Boys” was shot and completed before shooting on OOTP commenced. Warner Brothers bought the U.S. distribution rights to the movie via their Warner Independent Pictures arm and the reason why the U.S. stateside release of “December Boys” was delayed because the WB wanted to capitalize on OOTP.

And isn’t “December Boys” being released wide on September 14 in the U.S.? That’s pretty surprising, considering Rupert’s “Driving Lessons” wasn’t lucky enough to even get a semi-wide expansion.

Avatar Image says:

Dan’s looking great in this interview. Very dashing. I was half afraid he’d be sporting some stubble but that clean shaven face and the short, semi-punky hair go very well with those casual clothes. I was expecting a suit too. lol.

But I hope he doesn’t go to broadway. I don’t think he can fit that in with filming HBP anyway.

Avatar Image says:

I suppose if you’re a Rupert Grint fan, (I’m not), then you’d be excited about the next film. Although I completely loved OotP, but I’m getting soooo fed up with the ridiculous hype that surrounds Harry Potter films, people are nuts when it comes to them, then they always moan afterwards!! December Boys looks more my cup of tea, quiet, small budget, hopefully a good film with breath-taking scenery and Dan’s accent is well good too.

Love the hair too Dan, about time you looked a bit more modern, although ironically it’s the product of WW1 style.

Avatar Image says:

jasmine: the suit thing is the first thing I thought off also. He wore a suit in almost every American interview for OOTP. He looks very nice in thoses suits but he looks more relaxed and in his casual jeans and shirt. Also, on Regis and Kelly today he had on jeans again and his bottom looked really nice. :)

Avatar Image says:

Matthew it’s still on ‘limited release’ in US. I don’t know howthe list of cities compares to Driving Lessons though.

I doubt we’ll see it in the UK much at all. DL was released in about three cinemas apparently!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t mind if dan has short hair in halfblood prince, but I just hope they’ll be smart enough to make him have longer hair by the end of deathly hallows :)

Avatar Image says:

There are some papp pictures here at www.splashnewsonline.com. Scroll down the page a bit-he looks so good in green!

Avatar Image says:

i’ll sound really selfish now, but as much as i am happy that he’s reprising his Equus role… i hope he won’t be influenced by “bad forces” as he stays in the US to do the shows. (did that make sense?) i hope he doesn’t lose his super Britishness…

Thanks Sue!!!

Tsuta, I don’t know if you saw the pics of Dan filming My Boy Jack some weeks ago, but he had short hair, and now his hair has grown a lot, so I think his hair grows very quickly. This means they can choose to let him with longer hait if they want, because in 2 weeks it will be much longer. But Dan is not the one who decides that (unfortunately. because I like more like he combs his hair than what the HP makeup department often does).

joycemorrison, don’t worry, Dan would be working every day, so he wouldn’t have much free time. And even if he had it, I think he has already showed us he is not like them. :) It would be great if he could find the time to come to Broadway.

Write a Reply or Comment