“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” Fan Favorite in New Poll

112

Sep 03, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The last may well be the best, as results of a new new poll indicate the final book in the Harry Potter series is the favorite among readers. With over 45,000 people selecting their favorite Harry Potter novel in a poll sponsored by MSN, book seven, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, was the top pick. The BBC reports that second place went to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, while Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was in last place. As reported previously, the final installment of the Harry Potter series shattered sales records as Deathly Hallows sold a whopping 11 million copies the first day of its release in July.

21 Responses to “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” Fan Favorite in New Poll

Avatar Image says:

I don’t actually think that the last in the best in the series, I think some fans may have voted for it in the euphoria of actually getting it! And I think that people were already voting for the book before it was even out if I remember correctly! Seems to be unreliable because of that, maybe we should wait a year and then do a poll, it would be more reliable I think

Avatar Image says:

I think it was the best =) Definitely the most emotional!!

Avatar Image says:

I think it was the best. It is the only book in the series that brought out emotions when I read it. It made me feel nervous it made me laugh, cry, cheer,fear and hope. I love all 7 books but for the first time I had a want to flip to the end to see if everything was ok.

Avatar Image says:

Like the way those fans placed the books, PoA and Hallows are tied in my opinion. I bet that lots of people probably just voted for Hallows because it was the freshest in their minds, those people who, unlike me, have lives and haven’t re-read most of the series before August came.

Avatar Image says:

Ooh, Prisoner of Azkaban will always be my favourite of the bunch and I never expected it to be beat, but Deathly Hallows definitely nudges up at a close second place. It usurped The Half-Blood Prince.

Avatar Image says:

For me Deathly Hallows is my favorite, but I think it’s only my fav. cause it’s new. It might go back to being ootp. Then HBP, then POA, then GOF, then SS, then COS. I can’t wait to re-read DH for the fourth time after I finish my semester in college in December!

Avatar Image says:

I’m surprised where HBP placed. I’m a bit neutral to it. I don’t know where I would have expected it to place.

Though, I’m pleasantly surprised where PS/SS stands :)

Avatar Image says:

For me, Goblet is my favorite followed by Phoenix, Azkaban. Then Hallows, Sorcerer’s, Chambers, and then Half-Blood.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with halfbloodprince. The poll must be conducted after a year or two to get an accurate result. I also think its hard/unfair to pick the last book because it can’t be judged as an independent book. The last book was basically the massive conclusion for the entire series.It’s heavily dependent on the past six books(and so it should be :) Duh! ) , so can it be judged as a separate and independent novel ? My favourite is POA closely followed by HBP.

Avatar Image says:

I agreed with most of it. For me it is Hallows, Azkaban, Goblet, Prince, Phoenix, Stone, Chambers. I find it interesting that the poll’s least favorite are the ones that Ginny has a prominent role and the faorites are the ones where the trio’s friendship and strengths was prominent.

Avatar Image says:

Intersting, but I do agree that the poll will be more accurate the further it occurs from the release. I think it might be interesting if someone did a poll at the 6 month and year mark to see if anything has changed.

For me personally, DH is #1, followed by OOTP, HBP, POA, COS, GOF, SS/PS. Although it’s hard to place them in any kind of order, except for DH and OOTP definatly the top two. I have never understood why more people don’t like COS, but hey to each his own.

Avatar Image says:

For me, DH equals OotP as my two favourites, followed by GoF and PoA. CoS is definitely my least favourite and HBP is probably next then PS.

my order is DH, OotP, GoF/PoA joint, HBP, PS, CS

Avatar Image says:

my order is DH,PoA,GoF,OotP,PS and CS.

Arshdeep, where does HBP rank? ;p

Avatar Image says:

I love CoS! I’m the only one it seems. :( I don’t get the hate for it. The last few chapters of HBP (Dumbledore! ):) are some of the best of the whole series, IMO, so I have no idea why it’s down so low, either. PoA is the most overrated HP book, by far, IMO.

Avatar Image says:

i’m sorry people, but why the heck is half-blood prince is next to last??! i was shocked, it was my favorite of the bunch before reading deathly hallows. now it’s a tie on first place. its #1 DH & HBP, #2 PoA, #3 OotP(it’s my favorite of the movies too), #4 Gof, #5 PS/SS, #6 Cos.

Avatar Image says:

Argh, why is OOTP so low? That one is one of the best!

My order is; DH, OOTP, GOF, POA, PS/SS, HBP, COS

I like the last book best because it is so epic; I’m a great lover of epic things.

Avatar Image says:

Deathly Hallows is certainly far from being my favorite. It just doesn’t work. I don’t buy villians becoming heros. The writing was extremely poor.

Avatar Image says:

I can honestly say I do not have a favourite book as I see the series as 1 great story.If you remove any one of the books from the series then the series wouldnt have been as great.It’s kinda like the movie Kill Bill you cant really judge them apart,you have to consider both parts.

Avatar Image says:

i’ve read the first six books several times and loved them. when i read DH… gawd tis a fact that it is the best one amongst them all! i mean, i wasn’t even halfway down reading DH, but i’ve already felt all the emotions combined from the others! DH is MAGNIFICENT beyond. elated sigh and i even agree with the poll’s 2nd and least choices.

Write a Reply or Comment