PotterCast 135: Let Them Eat Cake

364

Jan 21, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The 135th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast is here tonight featuring a special interview with the cake baker Duff, of Ace of Cakes, who created the masterpiece of flour, water, and so much more that attendees enjoyed at the LA premiere of “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” this past July. Photos of Duff’s creation at the premiere and air times for upcoming Ace of Cakes episode featuring the Hogwarts cake can be found here. During this interview Sue and John discuss with Duff how he got the honor of creating this particular cake, how his team transported parts of this massive work across the United States, and of the detail and time he put into this work. We also bring you the latest on the news of author J. K. Rowling’s upcoming commencement address at Harvard University, as well as talk of actor Timothy Spall’s recent interview where he speaks of his role in the final Harry Potter film, and an update on the WB/RDR legal situation. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Let Them Eat Cake”

- Deathly Hallows part 1 and part 2?
- Jo speaking at Harvard.
- Update on the RDR lawsuit.
- A really big cake made by really big HP fans.
- Charm City Cakes staff are all HP fans.
- Bella and her mask of goodness.

RT: 42:06

Editor: Stede Bonnett

Scribbulus
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (22 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (5 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

16 Responses to PotterCast 135: Let Them Eat Cake

Avatar Image says:

YAYYYYYY 1st comment! Great show guys, (as usuall) That cake is amazing! Keep up the good work!

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s pretty sad how happy I get whenever PotterCast updates, haha. It’s the highlight of my week.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to get home and listen!

Avatar Image says:

YAY! I wish I had a time turner to speed up the rest of my school day so I can go home and soak up the love of PotterCast + Duff.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Seriously, that’s my favorite late-night show (Ace of Cakes, I mean.) Now that PotterCast is combined with it, it’s easily the most amazing thing in the world! Are you guys on the show?? I can’t wait to watch them make that gorgeous cake!

Avatar Image says:

I love that show! I saw the preview for the HP episode a week or so ago and totally squeed when I saw Rupert and Dan. LOL at Rupert asking him to cut the cake. LOL.

Avatar Image says:

When’s PotterCast going to be available through the Zune Marketplace?

Avatar Image says:

This is so great! But…. Erm… I have a little request… I can’t download the Pottercast No.132, not on ITunnes, nor on direct download. Can you guys help me out?! Please?! I hate to skip a Pottercast :) Thanks :)

wow! it’s great

I <3 ace of cakes! and pottercast

Avatar Image says:

What happened? what i meant is I love Ace of Cakes AND PotterCast so YAY! don’t worry, its the hi-light of my week too.

Avatar Image says:

I lived the show guys!!! SO great! The fact that Duff was on it just made it all the better. Superb!

P.S… why the three minutes of nothing at the end??? Just wondering. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

oops!loved it

Avatar Image says:

That was an awesome show! I have watched Ace of Cakes for a few seasons now, and Duff is the MAN! So awesome so hear how big of a HP nerd he is!! One thing, though, as I was listening…when you guys were talking about how cool the party was, I didn’t think I heard any of that before. If I recall, in the craziness of July, you guys kinda glossed over the movie premieres on the tour, and never really came back to them. DH kinda pushed it to the backs of everyones minds. Could you guys at some point go back and discuss how the premieres went, any good stories, and maybe talk more about the parties?? Umbridge’s cat pictures in the bathrooms!!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks. Its nice to get different shows like that dealing with unique areas of the fandom. Probably also gives Melissa,Sue,John a break from cranking out content in the usual format. Well done.

Avatar Image says:

this episode was so awesome! I love Ace of Cakes and it was soo amazing hearing the interview of him! Its insane how much of a Harry Potter fan he is, and it is just so awsome!

Write a Reply or Comment