114

Jan 29, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As we have been reporting, there is to be location filming for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at Gloucester Cathedral in England. In addition to the earlier photos we showed you, the BBC has new video online tonight of the work being done to prepare the site for the filming as well as new interviews with the students who will take part as Hogwarts students. In the video (CLICK HERE, scroll down on the left side to where it says “Kids Become Potter Extras”, then click to launch player) you can see the area where the students will be fitted for their costumes, and hear interviews with the students from King’s School on the Hogwarts houses they will represent (including one young man who is to be in Hufflepuff which this editor thinks is just great! :) )

Readers should note that while there has been no specific HBP location filming dates announced for the Cathedral, the report says Warner Brothers is insisting on secrecy, however signs indicating upcoming parking closures give an early February (next week) time frame for the filming of the sixth Harry Potter movie. We will continue to follow the preparations being done in Gloucester; anyone with photos and reports please send them in!

Thanks much Andrew!

35 Responses to Footage of Half-Blood Prince Set Prep in Gloucester, Filming Will Take Place In February

Totally jealous!

I’m a bit too old to play a student even if I lived over there. Nonetheless, it would be an awesome experience!

My friend, Becca sent in photos. ^^

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I’ve seen them, Stacey! Thanks!

All these pictures and video is making it harder to wait till November! 10 months! Eeeee!

........................

I wish i was there!!!

Avatar Image says:

Long live Daniel Radcliffe! Maybe I’ll get to be a student.

Avatar Image says:

That looks great! I wonder how they sort the students into Houses. I take it they don’t have a sorting hat.

Avatar Image says:

I cant see the clip mayb its because i live in california darn LA hmmm o well maybe someone will post it somewere else well anyways congrats to all the kids im sure theyll have a great time lucky duckys lol

HufflePuff boy is cuute!

Avatar Image says:

I would want to be in Slytherin, but that is only so I could be in the same house as my favorite witch and close to my favorite wizard! So dreamy! LOL, I know Im pathetic. and extremely jealous that Im american and not british.

SSSSSSSSO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIGH

Avatar Image says:

I was just there today!!

Hey Stacey _

My friend got Ravenclaw! YAY! The bestest house. I’m so going to find that sign for the parking and take a picture of it. Although I really can’t work out where that is!

Avatar Image says:

Am the only one who thinks the uniforms look slightly different this year? It’s darker then normal or maybe it’s just the video..

Avatar Image says:

That looks so exciting!!! The sorting hat at the Harry Potter museum put me in SLYTHERIN! I’m 28 though, so I s’pose I’ll just have to resort to teaching potions or something.

Avatar Image says:

I’m too old and too American to play a Hogwarts student (lol) but what an amazing experience for these kids!

Avatar Image says:

someone please help me figure out how to see the video please and thank you

Avatar Image says:

@Lizzie: If you’re using a Windows computer you might need to upgrade to the latest version of Windows Media Player (I saw the video with version 11) which you can get here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

If you’re using a Mac, you probably need the latest version of Quicktime which you can get at www.quicktime.com

Good luck! :)

Avatar Image says:

heya, luks great the cathedral eh? lucky kids, dus any one know wen the filming finishes or when the first teaser or trailer comes out…? heard of any rumours or anything? thx.

Avatar Image says:

Kendra, those weren’t hogwarts uniforms, those were normal school-uniforms.

Avatar Image says:

Elyzie thanks so much i really appreciate now im off to go c the clip

Avatar Image says:

YOU PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO LUCKY !! I’m not britsh :(or Amarican): but oh I wish How I wish I was! just think, being a hogwarts student!! AWESOME !

Avatar Image says:

imy_286, typically the teaser trailers are released 9 to 7 months prior to the films release. The teaster trailer for OotP was released in November and the GoF teaser was released in May. They typically do this so that the teaser will be seen by a large audience before one of their big name movies (Spider Man, Happy Feet, etc). I expect the new teaser trailer will be released in May to coincide with the release of Speed Racer. I haven’t heard any rumors, this is just what I think.

However, we should get new images shortly since many publications have visited the set recently. Once again, I don’t have inside information, this is just a hunch.

Avatar Image says:

omg, i wonder what it would be like to play as a student from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. i am so jealous. i dont have a british accent. Long live Harry Potter…...............

Avatar Image says:

how wonderful it would be to make freinds on this website.

Avatar Image says:

Kendra. Those guys weren’t wearing Hogwarts school uniforms. Just their regular school uniforms…

unless I’m missing something.

Avatar Image says:

OHHH! Lycky lads! My dream is to go!!! ... but NOP! I’m too american, too Swedish and too, too , tooo “not been to any audition-y”

Good luck, young stars! Lycka till, unga stjärnor! Many people wish they were in your shoes.

Avatar Image says:

I wish I could be an extra!!! That would be so much fun even though it’s not a big part at all. Actually just getting to see the set would be great!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t find the area in which to view the clip, any help?

Avatar Image says:

they actually said on a post they took down that they might be releasing the teaser trailer soon.

Avatar Image says:

Uhhh!! Super Jealous…I’m moving to England!!

Avatar Image says:

David – I had trouble finding the clip as well. Then I typed in Kids become Hogwarts Extras in the search engine and it went right to it. What I had trouble with was getting the audio from their website until I relaunched it in my stand alone player. Then it was all fine.

Zarathustra

Avatar Image says:

It must be that I live in the middle of the US because I can’t get anything! Begins to pout!

Avatar Image says:

@ TarsieS I like your pic, he is a fun guy- but what is in the little tiny pic I cant see it?

wspaniała książka

Avatar Image says:

OMG ! i didnt know tht they were filming the 6th film. I cant wait for it to come out ( if there is 1 )

I love da film harry potter xx

Avatar Image says:

Omigod Im sooo Jelous! Im from Canada! So theres never any good acting opportunities (which really really sucks)!!! But im a huge fan there all soooooooooooo lucky!♥♥♥

Write a Reply or Comment