Six Nominations for “Order of the Phoenix” at Empire Awards

331

Feb 04, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The BBC is reporting tonight the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” film received a total of six nominations at the upcoming Empire Magazine Movie Awards. The fifth film in the series was nominated for Best Film while actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) both received nominations in the respective categories of Best Actor and Best Actress. The film also received recognition in the category of sci-fi/fantasy, where it was nominated for Best Film: Sci-fi/Fantasy. The film’s soundtrack, composed by Nicholas Hooper, received a nomination for Best Soundtrack as did David Yates, who was nominated for the Best Director honor. “Order of the Phoenix” leads the pack in overall nominations along with the film “Atonement,” who also received six nominations.

The awards ceremony is set for March 9th at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London, England. Comedian Rob Brydon is set to host the ceremony, which will announce the winners as voted by EmpireOnline.com readers and magazine subscribers. The awards ceremony is scheduled to be broadcast on ITV2 Monday, March 10th at 9pm local time.

Congratulations to all at OotP!

62 Responses to Six Nominations for “Order of the Phoenix” at Empire Awards

Avatar Image says:

Good luck to all, especially Dan and Emma.

Avatar Image says:

Wonderful News. I know a lot of people would argue the acting capabilities of Emma Watson but I am proud of them! Congrats to them and the film itself and everyone involved. It’s well deserved!

Avatar Image says:

That’s great and I hope OotP wins best film and Atonement wins best british flm. My vote for best actor goes to Simon Pegg not Dan sorry. I LOVED him in Hot Fuzz. If you haven’t seen Hot Fuzz go out right now and rent it. It’s so funny.

The Sci-fi catergory should really be renamed sci-fi/fantasy don’t ya think.

WOOT! Congrats OotP people! :D

Avatar Image says:

i dont understand how emma got a best actress nomination when she’s supporting…

nevertheless, good job OotP! :D

Avatar Image says:

I would not argue the acting capabilities of Emma Watson. Personally, I think she is by far the best out of the trio. Though Dan is progressing nicely. I agree Rachel, I hope Atonement wins best British film as well. And I want OOTP to win something too. =)

Avatar Image says:

Bravo! WOW! Congratulations to Daniel and all who are nominated for OOTP—well deserved and very best of wishes on these nominations --for me you have all already won ,even in just your nomination. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Hey there’s a new pic of Emma in the Sun here

She looks great.

Congrats to Dan and Emma and all the HP team for their nominations.   This is great, this hopefully means we get to see them at the Empire show which is being televised!   Yay!!!!
Avatar Image says:

I’m not going to lie, I’m sort of tired of Emma Watson getting best actress nods….I mean granted they’re not for any real substantial awards and they’re almost always fanbased, but she’s supporting at best. She’s not a lead and these sorts of things are just perpetuating the idea that these movies are just the Harry and Hermione show. I want Hermione in the sidekick roll like she’s supposed to be. Back there with Ron.

I’m also tired of Rupert not getting any love. He’s the most talented of the trio and yet nothing, because Dan’s the star, Emma’s the girl and he’s just the other boy :/

Poor Rupert. Sigh. :-(

But congratulations, guys, and good luck!

Avatar Image says:

Bien, et Bon Chance! les acteur et actrice! sorry felt like speaking Fleurs native tongue for a moment. I think the film wholeheartedly deserves an award eventhough I still cant figure out where that scene with Bella and Sirius dueling went, when Gary says the memorable line ” come on cousin you can do better than that” I think they cut it then didnt give it to us, les idiots! Oh well maybe in the extened future cuts? but good job non the less for such a big book. I really liked the added Azkaban scene. ( Bring back DOBBY!!!!!!) and Kreacher w/ his fryin pan.

Poor Rupert never gets anything… :,(

Avatar Image says:

Nice stack of nominations! I watched the movie on DVD and didn’t find it as disappointing as I did in the cinema. As for Rupert, we must admit that he was very much a supporting actor in OotP, so naturally he was left out of the nominations (even though he got my vote, hehe). Perhaps he’ll get one next year when his character is more in the forefront of the story. :) Here’s hoping!

Avatar Image says:

Poor Rupert, isn’t Emma technicaly in a supporting role? I’m fed up with “Super Hermione” it’s getting really annoying.

Avatar Image says:

yay that’s cool! hope they win.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think OOTP is going to win any award except maybe for Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy and even that is going to be a tough one with Transformers.

I mean, honestly, have you seen the rest of the movies, actors, actresses, that OOTP is up against? The Bourne Ultimatum (which I’m putting money on to win Best Film), Atonement (Keira Knightley and James McAvoy), Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon…etc.

I liked the movie but there’s no way OOTP could get past such brilliant candidates.

Avatar Image says:

I am glad to see that i’m not the only one who feels bad for Rupert, he ALWAYS gets overlooked. I mean, like his acting better than Daniel’s in some cases. And Emma is a supporting role, if anything, so she should be overlooked with Rupert or something. And i mean, even if he is in a supporting role, that doesnt mean he shouldn’t get nominations. I mean they do have a ‘Supporting Role’ section in most awards. I hate it. Rupert needs to get acknowledged more. I can only hope he will for HBP since his character is in more of the limelight than previous films. sigh or maybe Deathly Hallows will be his calling.

Avatar Image says:

Its good that Dan and Emma got another award, but come of guys, doesn’t anyone think they have enough! I think its more of a popularity contest, Its Ruperts turn to shine! :)

Avatar Image says:

I get the Rupert pity, but if it were up to me, none of these three kids should be nominated. I mean, when you see Emma’s name coupled with ‘Best Actress’, you can’t help but laugh.

I’m sure Empire Awards are a joke though, so I’m all good.

Cool. Hope they win.

Avatar Image says:

I´m tired of hearing always the same thing !!! : ””Poor Rupert, he deserved it more than Emma and Dan ”” Come on people, these are voted by fans !!! It´´ s not like they have won an Oscar. If Rupert is not nominated is because Dan and Emma are more popular than him. I dont think they are better actors than Rupert, but Dan is Harry, and Emma is the girl in the films. I love Rupert and I think he´s a great actor,, but I´m tired of this hate, everytime Dan and Emma are nominated and he isnt.

Again, these are not voted by critics, but by fans. It´s like a popularity contest !! And Congrats DAn and Emma !!

If Rupert isnt nominated, you should had voted more for him. Sorry !
Avatar Image says:

Rachel, yes Hot Fuzz IMO was the best film last year. Mind you I would have struggled to choose between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as best actors in that. I think they’re a double act. Pity there’s not a category for double acts.

I agree Emma should be considered only a supporting actress. Are other supporting actors and actresses nominated too? Is there a supporting actor category? If not, then she shouldn’t be nominated either.

But I agree with burningpumpkins. They’re not serious awards and I’m getting a bit tired of popularity contests.

Avatar Image says:

YAYYYYYYYYYY…...I definitely think Dan’s goona win…because for him, now you can really say that he’s a professional actor and he’s really good in OOTP….and I think from 6 nominations at least 3 wins…hope so

Avatar Image says:

Why is it always Emma & Dan getting awards? Why can’t Rupert be recognized for ONCE about his acting – which, in my opinion, is MUCH better than Emma & Dan’s acting put together. Poor Rupert ! But I’m still happy all the same for Emma & Dan. I hope they win. And hooray for OOTP ! :]

Avatar Image says:

I don’t understand how Dan and Emma got acting nominations full stop! :)

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations to Daniel Radcliffe! I think he really deserves all the awards for OotP, he did a wonderful work, he is the most talented of the young cast, he has always played his role like it is described in the books, something I can not say about the others. He has also done theatre, and like Helen McCrory said, real acting is showed in the theatre, not in movies. I really liked the soundtrack too, contratulations to Nicholas Hooper!

Avatar Image says:

The question is not why is not Rupert nominated, the question is why is Emma nominated? She plays a secondary character so she should not get nominations for a principal category. I understand why Daniel is nominated, he did a brilliant job in the movie, he totally deserves it. But in my opinion Emma and Rupert has only played their characters right in the first movie, since then they have played totally invented characters. They have changed the directors and scriptwriters and they still don’t play their characters right, so their fans can not blame directors or scripts anymore. I understand their fans want the best for them, but it’s really tiring to read the “poor Rupert” stuff every time a HP movie get nominations. Rupert is not poor, he is one of the richest people in the UK. And he plays a secondary characters and these awards have not a secondary actor category (that’s where my question about Emma’s nominations comes from). So maybe his fans should inform themselves better before complaining without sense. If you don’t agree with the people who vote this awards, ok, but you should respect their opinion. You are showing you are very immature, insulting Daniel and Emma’s work just because those voters don’t agree with you. I have my opinion, but I would never insult them just to make my opinion “more valid”. My opinion is I don’t even understand how can you compare those 3, Daniel is in a different and higher acting level than the rest of the Harry Potter younger cast. Maybe you have not seen Equus? Maybe you have not seen his other works and how fantastic he is? And I agree he is the only one who has always played Harry like canon says, since the first movie. The rest of the cast varies with every movie, sometimes they do it right, sometimes they do it wrong, and you can not blame directors or scripts, especially when they admit they are biased towards those characters, and they give them more lines than to Harry! Even with those inconvenients he has always played the character right so they could have done it too if they are so good as their fans say, but they have not. And they have just played two character in all their life. Real actors are the ones who are able to play many different characters and to play all of them right, and sorry, but the only one who has done that is Daniel. He works very hard for this movies, so real HP fans should be just happy for him and all the HP team who got nominations, even if we don’t agree or understand with some of them.

Avatar Image says:

Here we go again – another WHO IS THE MOST POPULAR AWARD?

I like Dan and Emma very much and I really enjoyed OOTP, but their performances do not begin to approach Keira Knightley and James McAvoy in “Atonement” or Cate Blanchett in “Elizabeth: The Golden Age”.

These “awards” are like beauty pageants. They should not be taken seriously.

Avatar Image says:

They don’t necessarily mean poor, like no money poor, they mean like the sympathetic poor. I’m getting sick of people not recognizing Rupert for his acting abilities, he is the best actor out of the trio and the one award he was nominated for, if I remember correctly, went to Dan. I am getting tired of it being the Dan and Emma show. There are THREE people in the trio, not just two.

Avatar Image says:

If anyone has a problem with who is and isn’t nominated they should send a e-mail to Empire Magazine instead of complaining about it and cutting down Daniel [or Emma] because they were. Daniel and Emma and David Yates and everyone else nominated—have NO control over who is nominated and who is NOT. In these things.Making negative remarks towards them just shows ignorance. Go to the source of the awards and complain to them,if you have a problem with them. Having said that they do need to create a supporting catagory,for Pete’s sake.

Avatar Image says:

@ Hugh you are a very winded person- do ya feel better now, Im just kiddin! @ Eric you made a very good point Daniel has done some theatre work and he is sheduled to go back, I have not see Equus but I heard that he did a fantastic job, and boy he had guts for certain part of the play – thats got to take nerve- Id throw up!

P.S. thank you Eric for saying something nice or just mentioning Helen McCrory in a nice way!

Avatar Image says:

Rachel”best actor of the trio”is YOUR opinion,not EVERYONE else’s. Please state your remarks from your point of view,not as a taken know fact. Thank you :)

Avatar Image says:

well done daniel and emma .bravo. i really hope they will win. long live harry potter

Avatar Image says:

“These awards are like beauty pageants. They should not be taken seriously.”

WELL SAID!

Why is it that every time the media promote one of these mindless contests, we get the same old boring comments on Leaky’s board??

Come on guys, will you ever tire of this?? The outrage because Rupert is left OFF the list or that Emma is ON the list isjust silly.

As others have said, this is nothing but a popularity contest. Its ONLY PURPOSE is to promote Empire Magazine.

You should GET OVER IT!

Avatar Image says:

It’s not a real award, is it? not like Bafta, or Golden globe. like other people said, that’s ok with me if they don’t win, I still love them all. And I’m not surprised, every time when there is a nomination, people will have something to complain about. O, just a small question BellaSnape, I’ve been reading comments in the past couple of days, what’s up with you and Helen McCrory, you are defending her in almost every post, she doesn’t need defending , does she? she is a great actress, so what happened?

Avatar Image says:

hay i already posted a comment, and this is totally unrelated but what does ootp stand for and how do you post pictures with your statements? long live harry potter.

Avatar Image says:

@potterlover1992, ootp stands for Order of the Phoenix”.

Don’t know how to post pictures here.

Avatar Image says:

@ potterlover1992 OOTP stands for Order Of The Phoenix. You need to create an account at Gravatar.com, and upload your picture, and use the same email address on both sites, that’s how you get the picture.

Avatar Image says:

I’m going to inject a little decorum here for a minute and say congratulations to the HP nominees. They were nominated by regular people and the winners will be picked by regular folks like us. Therefore, they’re kind of like a People’s Choice award. So yes, I guess popularity counts…and I think HP is a little bit popular, don’t you?

It’d be fantastic if some of you could find new kinds of comments to make.

Avatar Image says:

Good luck to the nominees! :)

Avatar Image says:

Rachel, I would like to respectfully disagree with your take on the ‘Trio’ and argue that they are not a ‘Trio’ in an equal sense of the word. They are Dan as Harry, the Lead actor, and Rupert and Emma as supporting actors.

I think people forget how much bigger Dan’s role is when they lump the ‘Trio’ together all the time. I don’t think that their respective talents can be compared with any fairness at all. Dan has the most difficult job of anyone in the cast (with the possible exception of Alan Rickman, LOL).

I love Rupert, and think he’s a very natural comedy actor, but I can’t rate him alongside Dan and call him a ‘better’ actor. He has too little to show for himself and I always give Dan more credit for the difficulty of his role than I do to Rupert, whose role is not nearly so complex. Maybe it’s people like me who are to blame for Dan always getting nominated all the time :D I used to be a Rupert fan after all.

As for Rupert vs Emma. Well, yes, it’s a pity that he can’t be recognised for his talent as well as she is for hers, but for some reason his fanbase just isn’t serving him well in these sorts of vote. That’s the crux of the matter. Rupert fans need to get active.

Avatar Image says:

@ Squibby – dont worry its not what you think – I love her as an actress just as I do Helena Bonham Carter, IF you want a more definite explanation you should go read my posts at the new Pansy area, that explains my story there. to put it lightly and short AGAIN people exploded on her and called her to old and ugly to play Narcissa and Im just somebody that believes that everyone gets a chance. ( I’m not a fricken you know what, so please dont start that!) Besides my heart belongs to Alan Rickman!

Avatar Image says:

@BellaSnape! hm, I just asked, because I was curious, and I’m not sure what you mean by “don’t start that”, I did read your cooments under the mention post, that’s why I asked, I remember ppl’s comments when they put up news about Narcissa, I remember that mostly ppl were happy with the choice. Anyway, I don’t see the point in arguing about who gets which role and how we fell about, and who we see playing this role, since WE are not producers, directors, and don’t have any say in the choice, ppl should to be happy that we get news, any news. oh, and no argument about A.Rickman! :)

Avatar Image says:

I just hope the whole cast shows up, like they did for the national movie awards. :]

Avatar Image says:

Well I dont know what to tell ya then, we just must’ve interpreted different ways-( or you read the comments at happier times ?) thats all but I quite agree with your concept of thinking that no one should complain that is exactly what I said. and if you dont get what I ment by ” dont start that” then never mind it was something juvenile – I wasnt sure if it was or was not on your mind about me. And I know isnt Alan just dreamy- his voice and when hes dressed as Snape with all that Black is what really makes me weak in the knees.

Avatar Image says:

I hope at some point probably next movie that we get to see Helen and Jason act together with Tom, that will be a priceless moment- I wonder if Jason has heard that someone has been casted as his on screen Wife?

Avatar Image says:

Maybe I just never read all the comments, who knows. I kind of got what you meant, just wanted to hint I’m not into this “calling names” stuff LOL Oh, yes, AR is so…... I’m sure Jason knows about his “on screen wife” I love his attitude towards HP, he is so like us LOL The only differense, he gets to be in HP movie.

Avatar Image says:

Perhaps rather than dissing Emma’s nomination, people should take into account that MORE people saw and liked Emma’s performance/role than saw and liked Atonement, for example. People could vote for everybody and anybody they wanted, even if they didn’t have a movie out. Those nominated had the top five numbers. No small feat. And after the “Sexiest actors/actresses of all time” poll that came out, you can bet that all the rupert fans were out in force trying to get Rupert a nomination . It was the same site. Obviously it wasn’t enough. Incidentally, what use would it be to complain to the Empire people? What are they supposed to do, stick rupert’s name in even though he doesn’t have the numbers or a big role? Again, tell me why is it okay for people to think it’s okay for Rupert to win, when his role is miniscule , yet it’s not for Emma?

Avatar Image says:

Come on Rupert fans.YOu all showed your support for Rupert in the NMA that’s why he got a nomination. YOu didn’t nominate him enough this time so you only have yourself to blame for Rupert being overlooked again.

But if there’s anybody who’s more to blame, it is Empire itself.. They shouldn’t have considered Emma Watson for that best actress category cause she’s only secondary character. I have to agree that that trio are not equal at all. Dan is clearly head and shoulders above the other two in terms of salary, talent, media coverage and popularity. But let’s also not overlook Emma’s fans. Can anybody doubt the power of Emma’s fanbase? The fact that she’s here on this short list is enough proof of it.

Avatar Image says:

Leaky fans should not believe that this list of nominees is determined solely by the number of votes received. These things just do not work that way.

I have a friend in publishing who has told me many times that the peoople “creating” these lists use a number of factors to decide. Among them are name recognition, likeability, and box office numbers.

He said the decision to include Dan and then Emma on these lists as HP representatives was first made a long time ago. That decision has proven to be very popular with movie goers as well as entertainment magazine readers. But you should not assume Dan and Emma always get tons of votes and Rupert gets relatively few. That may or may not be true. The known fact is that the entertainment industry is filled with “sheep” and they will almost always go with the “winning formula” because that’s where the most money is to be made.

I’m afraid Rupert’s most ardent fans will continue to be unhappy with these polls for some time to come. The odds are too highly stacked against him.

Avatar Image says:

It’s hypocrisy to want Rupert to be nominated and at the same time diss Emma’s nomination. If she doesn’t deserve that Best actress nomnation because of her supporting status, then neither does Rupert casue they’re both on the same level.

BTW, I agree that it’s not a simple matter of the number of fans voting. If that’s the case, then Rupert should have been on this list too cause his fans are very active in the voting thingy. THey’re more aggressive than the Dan fans actually when it comes to voitng. So may be there are other factors considered for the the final list of nominees. Not wanting to sound patronizing, but Rupert Grint and Best Actor just dont have any credibility in it.. If they really want someone to represent HP, then no contest – it’s Dan. He has reinvented himself with Equus and now has a reputation as a dramatic actor. The inclusion of Emma on that list is a bit puzzling but the NMA was a precedent. so maybe that’s it. Of course, her fans are kinda impressive too.

Avatar Image says:

Please Rupert fans don’t try to justify why Rupert is not in this list with all your own ideas of Rupert got the votes but he was not nominated because he is not award material; I cannot believe how many excuses you guys find to justify Rupert “less” popularity compare to Emma and Dan, and I’m not saying that Rupert doesn’t have a fan base all I’m saying is that he doesn’t have a BIG fanbase compare to Dan and Emma, but for sure Rupert fans have a very aggresive approach to every voting awards out there, I’m just trying to say that even with those aggresives ways you guys use to nominate or make Rupert into what he’s not you always failed badly, so please don’t take it on Dan or Emma or their fanbase, just for a minute think that he’s not as popular as the other two.

Avatar Image says:

congrats to dan and emma… i find it weird that people are complaining about emma being nominated NOW, when she has been nominated for the best actress category since the start of the award season

@ Hugh.. i was supposed to agree with you until you started the whole equus thing.. dan wasnt nominated for best actor because people thought he did a brilliant job in equus so he must have done a fantastic job in ootp too.. its not like that..

awarding committees dont choose you because of your resume, they choose you because you’re great in the role you played

i just want to ask: is the empire movie awards important?as in you know really important?

Avatar Image says:

Good job to Dan and Emma!

Avatar Image says:

First of all – congratulations to Dan, Emma, David Yates, Nicholas Hooper and everyone involved in making Ootp for being nominated. In my opinion Ootp was the best of the films so far. Now to this hoo-ha ha about Dan being nominated, he did a grand job in the film and I think it’s perfectly fine for him to be nominated because he carried the film really well – people shouldn’t underestimate the fact that he has to take on a lot when it comes to the HP films – so good luck to him. As to Emma being nominated, personally I don’t think she’s a great actress, but that’s just my opinion, but a lot of people put her name forward so you can’t really argue with that. And those that are saying that Empire picked a number of box office leads are being nothing but misleading – there is no way that Empire magazine would have done that, their readership (which includes myself) would have gone after them with pitchforks if it had been rigged. The reason Rupert didn’t get nominated was that he didn’t get as much support as the other two, OK? And about Emma not being considered a lead? Well, first of all the nomination “best actress” doesn’t specify if it’s a lead or supporting roles anyway. And although I agree that Emma is not a lead compared to Daniel – I still consider Rupert and Emma to be the lead along with Daniel when compared to the rest of the cast. Can’t everyone just be happy that Harry Potter is still getting positively embraced after all these years?

Avatar Image says:

i’m huge alan rickman fan.but i really boring rupert fans jealously.i think they don’t care harry poter movies.they only care rupert.

i’m 22 years old and i am student at university (Radio, TV and Cinema Department )and i can say daniel radcliffe than better rupert.rupert not good actor.he is act’ always similar since 2001.sorry but its true.

Avatar Image says:

Me too faith, my heart solely belongs to Alan. And you guys have to remember this isnt the kids choice awards, like others have said there is more to it than popularity, which is why I think Daniel may have a good chance because he has broadend his horizens, epecially with Equus. I certainly dont want Transformers or the Bourne Ultimatum to win because that would certainly fall under popularity as well. thats just me. And I agree with whoever said that OOTP is the best movie so far- cant wait till Nov.

Avatar Image says:

First of all I think it’s silly to compare Daniel, Rupert and Emma in this fashion. To say Daniel is better than Rupert or Emma is unfair and probably reflects the writer’s bias. I think Daniel does a good job as Harry – I agree his is definitely the lead role and he has a lot of responsibility for the role – but I don’t necessarily think he belongs in a best actor category at this stage of his career. Even for the London theatre awards (can’t remember what they’re called) he received a nomination in best newcomers – this to me is a fair category for where he’s at. He has shown he has guts and is very aggressive in pursuing his career – but only time will tell as to whether he’s going to be a great actor.

Ditto for the other two. I think both Rupert and Emma are fine in their roles – but really – they’re young, there is still a lot of room for growth, and quite frankly neither one of them were given much to do in the last movie (which is why in my opinion some people are so up in arms as to why Emma got nominated and not Rupert – the roles were both supporting roles – they both did a good job and they have a fine chemistry together but frankly I don’t think either one of them should have been considered in the best actor/actress category – supporting maybe but in my opinion I think it’s a little early at this stage of their careers. I mean if there were blow out performances on the part of any of them (think Ellen Page in Juno), that’s one story – but really that is not the case with any of the Harry Potter actors.

But as others have pointed out – this is not really about acting chops, is it? Daniel is very popular right now because after all he is Harry Potter. Emma is popular because she is the lead actress in Harry Potter and unfortunately some look at her as equal with Daniel (which is not right if one has read the books but we are geared to think of main actor and main actress when looking at movie credits). There’s no way Rupert can win against that combination – it is really not a reflection against him or even his fans – it’s just the way the movie industry works. Frankly from what I’ve seen of the three of them, none of them really take this kind of thing too seriously – so I guess what I’m trying to say is we should just be happy for them but hope they don’t get too wrapped up in these popularity contests. Popularity only carries you so far. As far as saying Rupert should not attend the awards, that to me sounds like sour grapes. And again from what I’ve seen, Rupert has always been a supporter of his cast mates – I don’t think there’s anything here that should make him act any differently.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats to the HP team for all the nominations, especially to Dan and Emma! BEST LUCK to them! Hope they get all the awards _!

Avatar Image says:

I sure hope Rupert gets nominated for something after HBP, since he has a much bigger part to play…and especially after DH, with his part being as vital to the story as it is, he will for sure get a nomination. We Rupert fans will just have to be patient. Rupert’s comedic timing is fabulous and there’s no doubt that he won’t be kept in the shadows for long.

Avatar Image says:

What Rachel was trying to say was that Rupert should be recognized more for his talent. I have to agree. But, congrats to Emma and Dan though! :)

Avatar Image says:

Uh, uh. The R/Hr fans who hoped that Rupert will now be thrust into the limelight because his character ended up with the lead female must be crushed that Rupert still continues to waddle in the shadow of Dan and Emma. Face facts people.This is a people’s choice award. It’s not judged by a committee of critics. Just by the general movie going public, some of whom are rabid fans, some of whom are just mainstream moviegoers. It’s on the other extreme side of the “legitimate” awards like the BAfta and Oscars. The fans chose it and to some that carries more weight that all the expert opinion of expert critics.

BTW, Some fans don’t even take into account the current movie their idol is nominated for. Dan’s critical acclaim in “Equus” went a long way in changing his image and some moviegoers who are not familiar with his work would base their nomination on that. Same with Rupert. He’s always seen as the comedic actor.some don’t take that seriously, you know. Hence, the shortage of acting awards. My two cents.

Write a Reply or Comment