No Phlegm for a Half-Blood Prince!

112

Feb 11, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Ahem Ahem! There will be no Phlegm for the Half-Blood Prince!…well no part for actress Clemence Poesy in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie that is. In a new interview with MTV, the actress says she has not been asked back to reprise her role as Fleur Delacour (aka Phlegm) for the sixth Harry Potter film. Indicating she has not read the final three books (including OotP which is now on DVD) and hopes to read them on her next vacation, she is quoted as saying:

Somebody already told me the end of ˜Order of the Phoenix,’ and I was like, ˜You’re ruining everything!’” Poésy laughed, since she plans to read the remaining books on her next vacation “back to back.” Still, she can’t resist asking for one one spoiler: “Has Harry done some bad things?”

She is uncertain if her character will be back as well for the film of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but recently was reunited with some fellow Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire actors for her recent movie, In Bruges which also stars Brendan Gleeson (Mad Eye Moody) and Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort). In this new film, “Ralph Fiennes, who as Voldemort is always trying to kill Harry, now playing a hitman boss named ¦Harry. “Isn’t that funny?” exclaimed Poésy. “We didn’t tease [Ralph] about it, but maybe we will now. I had met Brendan before, and he was really sweet. He liked scaring kids with his costume, showing it to all the extras, who were like, ˜How do you do that with your eye?”Not that Poésy isn’t above scaring the kids as well. “It would be nice of you not to write that’ she teased. “The kids think I have powers, so I can say, ˜Be careful, otherwise I can turn you into a frog! I’ve learned.’ So don’t tell anyone I don’t have witchcraft powers.”

195 Responses to No Phlegm for a Half-Blood Prince!

Avatar Image says:

HEY!!!!!!!!! They can’t take Phlegm out of the movie!!!!!!!! That was something I was truly looking forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If I wasn’t too young, I would sue the movie people.)

Avatar Image says:

Oh, and haha. I am the first poster. For the first time ever.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm, that’s fine with me, she wasn’t pivotal. I’ve always said they could replace Bill/Fleur with Remus/tonks- makes more sense. :)

Avatar Image says:

She hasn’t read the last three books?! Did she read ANY of them, other than GoF? When I compare her to Evanna… no wonder she plays such a horrid Fleur!

Avatar Image says:

Well Fleur and Bill were very much background characters and even in the books, the only emotionally impact moment was when Fleur made it clear to Mrs Weasley and everyone that nothing will stop her marrying Bill and her reasoning was so wonderful in that she had enough beauty to cover for both of them! (This was of course after Bill was terribly scarred by the werewolf). But movie-wise, this is still redundant.

Very disappointing.

Avatar Image says:

NOOOOOO. THAT MEANS NO WEDDING, NO SHELL COTTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go, WB, thanks for screwing up deathly hallows for me!

Avatar Image says:

!! She has not read the final three books??!!!?

Avatar Image says:

Some girls would give their left hand to play the role of Fleur.. And that BITCH (hey, if Ms. Weasley can say it, so can I) didn’t even bother to read what became of her character _

Avatar Image says:

Dudes, chill out! She just said that SHE hasn’t been asked back… that doesn’t mean they’re not going to hire an actress that can actually ACT, and that looks like Fleur is supposed to look – the way she was described in the books….

Perhaps they have a perfect Fleur waiting in the wings – one that they are going to spring on us as a huge surprise!

Wouldn’t THAT be cool?

- M

Avatar Image says:

Well, I think this pretty much rules out the chance that we’ll ever see Bill in the movies…his relationship with Fleur was pretty much the only plotline he had in the whole series, and the fact that they’re not bringing her back in what would have been the film where that plotline is established…well, it says it all, really. A shame, because I had a lot of fondness for that storyline, and I did like Clemence Poesy in the the Fleur role, but I recognise that this was always going to be one of the first things the adaptations cut out.

Of course, this does throw up issues about how their roles will be filled come Deathly Hallows…like Leggers says, I’m subscribing to the theory that they’ll simply assign a lot of their stuff to Lupin and Tonks, which to my mind will actually work very well; it’ll give these two more important characters a little bit more time to shine, and increase the audience’s affinity with them before…well…you know. :(

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I’m BETTING they’re gonna do like a Remus Tonks wedding and have everything go crazy there. I can see it now.

Avatar Image says:

way to be positive Marcheline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but WB has dissapointed me too many times

Avatar Image says:

Wow, hit “post” before finishing! Anyway, that is assuming that since she won’t be in Half Blood Prince she won’t be in DH either. I mean, I htink it’s obvious they’ve decided to completely cut her story now, they won’t have the time to develop it completely during the last movie. It’s just not gonna happen.

Avatar Image says:

While not crucial to the plot, it did show a certain amount of Mrs. WEasley’s character we didn’t know of….Good to see that she has a sense of humor and at leat is interested in reading the other books.

Avatar Image says:

Some people are overreacting. Fleur’s not important. Just be thankful they’re cutting Bill and Fleur to include more important scenes.

Bill isn’t even important either. Him getting bitten by a werewolf, that subplot, didn’t even go anywhere. Useless.

Avatar Image says:

Thank you, Marcheline! In these circumstances [meaning ANYTHING during the filming…cast, whatever] NOTHING is “set in stone”. We must all remain positive and not second guess! [spoils the fun! ]

So much for a great Deathly Hallows movie. We need continuity!!!!!!!!!! :P

Avatar Image says:

It is a pity that they couldn’t include her in the movie. Oh, well – hopefully we will see her in the final movie, especially if it is separated into two parts.

Avatar Image says:

what the hell? Thats so ridiculous! Fleur is important, shes engaged to Bill in this book! She’s going to become Ron’s sister in-law!! And she drives Mrs. Weasley mad throughout the whole book. How can they leave her out!? I am not a happy bunny! I can’t believe they didn’t even ask her! If they leave out Bill aswell then i will not be going to see this movie, like at all! They’re not getting my money if they’re not gonna be true to the books lol. Who’s with me? hehe

Avatar Image says:

Oh, and also; what’s with the unpleasant, judgemental sniping at Clemence Poesy for not reading the books? For God’s sake, she only an actress, hired by the producers to play a part in one film; she’s not obliged to be a massive Potter fan and know the texts off by heart. It’s not as if she’s insulted the material in any way; on the contrary, she talks about her time working on it with fondness and enthusiasm, and even mentions how she’s looking forward to reading the rest of the books when she has time. In any case, she’s hardly the only person involved in this “crime”; I can specifically remember Rupert Grint, Ralph Fiennes and Gary Oldman at various all confessing to not having been up to date with the latest book, all of whom play far more important characters than Clemence Poesy did…

All in all, I’m failing to see how all this adds up to someone who deserves to be called a “BITCH”...some of you need a serious reality check.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Marcheline and Isabel that we need to stay calm- we get a little hot – headed like we have control over these movies, nothing is set in stone. I think that they will most likely replace the wedding of Bill and Fleur with Tonks and Lupin because they are the ones that die in the end so if the build up their characters their deaths will be more moving. Stay calm and just breath. we never know what turely will be in these movies till we see them.

Avatar Image says:

No offense but they`re being kinda dumb. Fleur plays a big part in DH, i mean is it just going to be Bill at Shell Cottage whan Harry and everyone show up?? How smart does that seem??

Avatar Image says:

It’s good and bad….like Paulo said, hopefully they cut Fleur/Bill’s storyline and not anything else that’s more important, but the part that worries me most is not having shell cottage with doby’s grave!!!!! that’ll be the worst…...plus if no wedding (if not tonks/lupin either) im gunna be more upset….still too bad, i loved how Ginny didnt like Fleur!

Avatar Image says:

well said Muddtallica- some of them really need to open their minds a little more, like when things like this are announced or we hear about NEW cast members. As others have pointed out it is rude to just dismiss them because they are not what you had in your mind. how often is anything exactly like you pictured?

Avatar Image says:

PAULO how can you say Bill getting bitten by Greyback is a useless sublot thats they stupidest thing i’ve ever heard! That was like one of the most important things that happened to the Weasley’s in book 6. It was symbolism for the hardship the Weasleys have to go through because they are a blood-traitor family and part of the Order of the Phoenix. We all know how Molly fears loosing a child and she thought Fleur was going to call off the wedding after Bill got bitten. Bill getting btiten was very significant for Molly, and for us. It shows us that the Weasleys are not gonna to be exempt from harm in the last book and as we all know what happens to George and then poor Fred in the last book. So JK Rowling was trying to show that the Weasleys are very vunerable and anything could happen to them by having Bill getting bitten by Greyback. And also, it wasn’t a useless subplot also because Bill’s scars are said to be horrible and permement and they didn’t know if he was going to have werewolf features or not. It was a serious thing to happen to Bill and the Weaslys I’m sorry you don’t see that. And Bill and Charlie are part of the Weasley family. It annoys me that we haven’t seen them yet.

Avatar Image says:

While that is really disappointing, because Fleur really would’ve became a character…I really think it’s silly to be completely heartbroken (unless B/F is your OTP, okay).

AND this does not necessarily mean Bill and Fleur will be out of DH!! – but if the DH film is not split up into 2 parts with an intermission, or two movies or whatever, then these are things that have to go under the cut. Bleh, I hate it too. But it happens, and it sucks.

Avatar Image says:

Or, there will be just a mention at the end of the film “Don’t forget, we need to go to Bill and Fleur’s wedding before chasing Horcruxes”

Several possibilities exist that don’t violate the story line of the books, and we’ll just need to wait—what, another nine months and ten days until HBP hits the screen

Avatar Image says:

There’s no way Shell Cottage was going to be in the DH movie anyway. It would slow the film down too much. They will just bury Dobby somewhere and move on. I’m pretty sure they’ll include Dobby, just to get his death scene. It would be good to see him in HBP but we’ve had no word of that so it’s highly unlikely.

They’ll probably end the HBP movie with Ron saying ‘my brother Bill’s getting married, we have to go to the wedding before we do anything else!’ And then Harry will get yet another cheesy end-of-movie-line like ‘A wedding…I love weddings…’

Avatar Image says:

Sheesh people, I for one think this is a really sensible cut. In all honesty, the Bill and Fleur storyline is NOT necessary to the overall story- Remus and Tonks could fit in their place no problem. An R/T wedding, Harry at R/T’s house, it would make SO much more sense than putting in these two random characters that the audience barely know at all. Sorry, just the way I see it.

Avatar Image says:

If they split DH into two pieces, they could very easily re-add the material for the wedding. It wouldn’t be that hard. It’s not like Bill – or even Fleur – are crucial to HBP.

Avatar Image says:

This seems like old news to me, cuz we already knew she wasn’t going to be in.

Man, I really wanted them to cast Bill, Bill’s cool man! :(

Avatar Image says:

They probably will replace Bill and Fleur with Tonks and Lupin and…I LOVE it! That’s how it should have been in the first place. Mind you, I love the HP books and their brilliant writer, hehe, but well…there are times when a grueling editor’s pen should have ‘killed Rowling’s loves.’ Meaning, sometimes you have to slice and dice, even if you love what you’re doing away with (in this case, Bill and Fleur). I do like them, I like the messages their characters convey about loyalty and vanity, but they honestly weren’t necessary to the series. For a movie, Tonk and Lupin will fill in beautifully for a wedding and probably Shell Cottage, too. Yes, I know. Travesty! But it’s a movie. A movie. You’ll never get what you see in books. :-)

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been convinced for some time now they are not going to include dobby. Why should they? The people who only go see the movies and not read the books like my roommate could care less about Dobby. Afterall he has not been in it since the 2nd movie.

I just wish the producers, screenwriter and Director would remember that a large part of their audience are fans of the books. I would have had no problem if the last few and the following two movies were over 4 hours long if they really told the story…

Avatar Image says:

Rachezee: I’m inclined to agree with you, that they won’t include Dobby at all, but I think the producers do realize that most of the HP movie fans are also book fans. Why else would they include Grawp in the fifth movie? He doesn’t exactly have a big role, or is appealing to the movie-only fans.

And a 4-hour long HBP and DH would be awesome! :)

Avatar Image says:

wow, guys. Don’t be so mean. I thought she was a good actress. And even if you don’t agree, you don’t have to be rude about it.

Avatar Image says:

I think a lot of us have issues with the fact that things get cut simply because we all read the books (several times) and we love them so much that we can’t imagine having the movies with out every single piece that we all love dearly. But the truth of the matter is, its very hard to get every little thing in a film.

A page of a film script is very short and is seen as one minute of screen time (depending on the scene. There are times when it can be seen as more, such as in LOTR when their script often read “And then there was an epic battle” or something to that caliber which was a good 10 minutes for a few lines). The average script is 120 pages for 120 minutes. If you think about it, taking a book like OOTP (which is what, 700, 800 pages?) and cutting it down to a 2 hour and change film is crazy hard! Imagine all they have to do. Deciding what to keep and what to discard is hard, its why JKR is so involved.

With HBP and DH I think they will be especially careful because these last two books are so important, so pivotal. There will be things that they need to keep and things that JKR really wants them to keep. While everything we want may not get in there, I don’t think JKR would let them get rid of anything truly important (After all, she had them put Kreacher back in, if even for a few moments so he could return in HBP and DH). I think, despite his lack of presence in PoA, GoF and OOTP, Dobby may return in DH. And though Fleur may not be in this film (though we don’t know for sure, they may be replacing her like they are with Pansy), she may return for DH. We never know.

As much as I would like to be, I’m not best friends with Steve Kloves (at least, not yet, I graduate in May so we’ll see what happens then) but him and JKR have done a pretty damn good job taking these immensely large and dense novels (that we all love) and turning them into these films that just keep getting better and better. I think come November 21, 2008 and June/July of 2010, we won’ be disappointed.

Avatar Image says:

I had a feeling Fleur/Bill would be cut, meaning their wedding would not be in DH. But does this mean there will only be SIX Potters?

Avatar Image says:

UHHHHH!!! NO FAIR..i was sooo looking forward to seeing fleur again….this makes me sad…=[ cause it also means no Bill… they better have them in DH then..

Avatar Image says:

guys…. her not having read the books is way beside the point. i’m pretty dure no matter what they do DH is going to be pretty bad. nothing can save it now, not even a two part movie.

Avatar Image says:

BULLSH That’s stupid how she’s not going to be in HBP. As long as they mention her, that’d be FINE, I suppose. Urgh. I’m so sick of this. I was looking forward to seeing Ginny make fun of her behind her back. RAWR ! I’m mad. But oh well, I’ll get over it. Ahem. =/

Avatar Image says:

That sucks. Like, seriously. But they will probably still do the wedding, only with Lupin and Tonks. But it’s still BOGUS!

Avatar Image says:

As much as I don’t think Fleur was that much of an important character, it gave Ginny some presence with her “Phlem” comments. If they replace B/F with L/T, I’ll be happy, but what about Victoire? Or will Teddy just be snogging some random person in the epilogue?

And I agree with Averyfan – six potters? Or will they pick Dudley or something to be the seventh? Oi.

Avatar Image says:

way to be optimistic, merlin. /: anyway, they could just do a mention, ” like you remember fluer from the triwizard tournament? Well her a bill…etc.” and just mention their wedding at the end of the book. it doesnt mean that no more fleur and bill at all in DH.

Avatar Image says:

i mean at the end of the book, and bill, and also sorry for misspelling her name.

Avatar Image says:

Boooo!! Let’s see Yates & Co. screw this movie up like they did with OotP.

Avatar Image says:

No Fleur, no Dursleys for sure. Probably no Bill/Tonks ship. Probably no Dobby and probably no Kreacher. Kreacher was made to Sirius’s will to Harry. Considering they kept out Dumbledore visiting Privet Drive and that was the scene we find out if Kreacher can be commanded by Harry!

I would bet there will be no Carrows or Fenrir Greyback either.

They are going to take out a lot. Darn.

Avatar Image says:

Aaah. Another one (plot line) bites the dust…

I can’t wait for the PBS/BBC mini-series… A year in Pride and Prejudice time and about 400 pages took about 5 hours of play time. Just imagine how much Harry Potter we’d have if the little plot lines remained in tact…

Avatar Image says:

I always find it amazing when I hear of actors in the movies that don’t read the books. That just shouldn’t be allowed.

Avatar Image says:

@ PensievePerson- they are including the Remus/ Tonks love story – Nat already confrimed that for us when she said she was returning for the HBP movie. Just remember stay positive and just wait and see what happens.

Avatar Image says:

way to stay positive bella[: come on everyone! optimism, optimism, optimism!!!!

Avatar Image says:

They have to put her in the movie!!!!! It won’t be the same!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I can see them taking out the Bill/Fleur story line without seriously damaging the script. Not that I’m happy about it, but I am with the crowd who thinks if they replace it with more time for Remus/Tonks, that will be good for the movie. They have changed a lot worse stuff than that in the past. I hope they do the wedding with Remus/Tonks. They could transfer whatever they need of Shell Cottage to their house as well. It will make the end more important to movie-only fans who don’t know them as well as we do.

Oh, no, though, if its not Fleur and Bill, does that mean no Viktor? No, “Vot is the point…” Now THAT will be criminal to leave out! And I don’t know how they will do the seven Potters scene, because there has been no Mundungus either. Will there only be four Potters?

The worst will be if they leave Dobby out, and I am afraid they are pretty far down that path already. That is what upsets me the most when hearing about certain characters who won’t be in whichever movie – knowing what will have to be cut, not just for their specific character not being there, but any overlapping circumstances will either have to go, too, or be drastically changed from the books.

It seems if they are going to trim so much up front, however, that they may not need a two part film for DH. They have already done away with several of the smaller plot lines. They could probably do a pretty good job if they would loosen up enough to allow for a 3 hour or (gasp) 3 hour and 15 minute movie, rather than two 2-hour movies. Don’t get me wrong, I am all for a four or five hour movie, I just don’t want to have to wait for a second release to DH, I want to camp out in the theater and see it all, start to finish!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think it will “ruin the movie”. The only important part about the wedding is it’s where everyone finds out SPOILER (lol) the minister died. Besides like Marcheline maybe they will have someone else play Fleur.

Avatar Image says:

There are so many things you have to remove from the story when doing a movie.

That would not have been my choice. But I understand the movie makers’ point of view.

All the same, I wish they kept the scene where Fleur says she’s going to marry Bill anyway. But we haven’t seen much of him too, maybe that explains the decision.

Avatar Image says:

Maybe they’re taking in a new actress to do the role like Marcheline said, I’m just trying to keep it positive because I loved Flear’s scenes, specially with Mrs. Weasley being driven crazy!! And that final scene after Bill gets bitten is really touching with Fleur telling Mrs. Weasley that she will get married to him. I hope they don’t cut the character off :(

Avatar Image says:

Fleur and Bill are useless and would damage the movies even further. Remus and Tonks are perfect for taking their roles because we’ll have some connection with them before they die in the end. It makes much more sense movie-wise to be invested with the characters rather than have a random hodgepodge of characters movie-goers have barely/never seen before die and act as though they make an impact. The only thing about this is I hope they do justice to the end-battle because Bill’s face showed how grusome it was. Hopefully they’ll be able to show this in another way. Or maybe it’s too much of a “Romantic Comedy”.

Avatar Image says:

So, Clemence wasn’t asked back? Not that she was a bad actress (who really cares if one actor or another within the Potter films has read the books, they’re not required reading, people). Not such a horrible thing to not have Fleur in HPB, she’s BARELY mentioned in the book, so that goes to shw that there’s not much need for the film to have Fleur included. I am NOT at all sad about this turn of events.

Also, who said that the Dursleys aren’t in the film? Again, not so much a bad thing there as well.

Avatar Image says:

...well, they’re DEFINITELY not doing the Bill/Fleur wedding then. I bet the fan theory is right, and they’ll do a Remus and Tonks wedding instead…

Avatar Image says:

How hard is it for Hollywood to just keep the magic and fun of HP? If it’s fun, magical or aimed at character development they seem to just throw it out. Movie OotP was well done, but the last two lacked magic and the fullness of HP. Characters like Fleur add the “corky” moments that have always added the contrast to the heavier and darker parts of the story. The whole idea seemed to be lost after movie PoA, which was VERY well done. I also can’t see how they are going to make some of the best book moments happen, like the wedding, or even Ron and Hermione’s kiss, remember it was about “getting” SPEW, yet since it was “corky” fun and magical, SPEW was cut. I’m tired of them turning Harry Potter Hollywood! The last two movies didn’t even feel like Hogwarts, just some modern school in England! Bring back Cuaron please! He would not cut Fleur, and that’s why I want him back! I love J.K.’s sense of fun and whimsy, but the last two directors could care less. BRING BACK THE MAGIC!!!

Avatar Image says:

To bad about Fleur…my concern is Dobby. How the heck are they going to do DH without Dobby?! Who’s going to save them? Who is Abethorth (sp?) going to send to save them and how (when they didn’t include the mirror in the 5 movie?!

Avatar Image says:

Dobby is my big concern too. Mainly because it’s his death that really rocks Harry’s thinking from Hallows to Horcruxes. That whole digging the grave thing-by hand-and all the time he spends working out what he’s really supposed to be doing is critical. I know most of that scene was internal, therefore not easily transferable to screen, but that was a pivotal turning point for Harry.

Plus, Dobby’s death was just…so sad…

Harry even tells Dobby at the end of COS (book and movie) “Just promise me you won’t ever try and save my life again.”

I mean…how powerful is that?

Avatar Image says:

Anyone who hasn’t read the books doesn’t deserve to be in the movies! I mean, are you kidding me?!

Avatar Image says:

Guys… chill, this isn’t a big deal, Fleur really dosen’t play any big parts in this book. Just because she isn’t in this one dosesn’t mean that there will be no wedding in movie 7….. she probaly will be in that one.

Avatar Image says:

I think this is great news. No offense to Poesy, who did her best, but she was horribly miscast as Fleur. I got no sense of Fleur’s personality, and while Poesy is moderately attractive, she’s not the jaw-droppingly beautiful girl that Fleur is supposed to be. If Ginny made fun of her, it would make no sense.

The movies have already destroyed that character. It’s best to just let the character never return.

Of course, the movies have pretty much destroyed all the characters in favor of spectacle, but that’s a rant for another day. :)

Avatar Image says:

Just because Fleur is not in the HBP movie, doesn’t mean there can’t be a wedding in the DH movie. The DH movie can easily involve Fleur showing up at Privet Drive (as she does is the book) and the fact that Bill and Fleur are together and getting married soon could be explained then. Cutting backstory in favour of a speedy explanation (or none at all) has been a prominent feature in the HP movies, and all film adaptations of books. You should all be used to it by now, and not go to a movie expecting all your favourite little scenes to be left in.

You guys have got to realise that virtually nothing that doesn’t advance the core plot is going to make it into the movies at this point. And that is as it should be…it’s a film adaptation, it’s not meant to stick to the books word for word. It’s a streamlined, drastically abridged version of the overall plot.

Drop the purism, please. It’s sickening.

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad about this, to be honest. The whole Bill/Fleur storyline is amusing at times, but is ultimately unimportant, and really VERY dispensable to the plot. I agree with others that it makes sense, from a cinematic point of view, to substitute the Lupin/Tonks stuff for Bill/Fleur, in both HBP and in Deathly Hallows (i.e., it can simply be Lupin & Tonks’s wedding at the beginning of DH, and it can be their home, rather than Shell Cottage, that Harry & Co stay at).

Besides, I thought Fleur was really quite a snot in HBP. I know a lot of readers, after her hospital wing scene, built her up as a brave, saintly heroine who was subjected to the cruelty of the Mean Ol’ Weasley Women (who, conversely, have been absolutely [and unfairly, imo] vilified because of that whole situation) and emerged oh-so-victorious, but I thought she was even kinda snotty in that scene. Don’t get me wrong, I was very glad her love for Bill turned out to be genuine, and I thought it was a totally applause-worthy moment, but it hardly changed the fact that she had behaved like an arrogant, inconsiderate, ill-mannered cow throughout the rest of the book. So frankly, I’m not a bit sorry she won’t be in the movie.

And finally, yes, I do think that Ms. Poesy not being cast means that Fleur won’t be in the movie. I so no reason why they would need or want to cast another actress in the role, so yes, I think no Poesy means no Fleur.

Avatar Image says:

that is lame lame lame. how can they not have her in this movie? where does that whole sub-plot go? is bill going to be in this movie and get attacked by greyback??? AND whose wedding are ron and hermione going to dance at, and whose wedding are the death eaters going to attack?? remus and tonks’ wedding was all private because he’s a were wolf, and i can’t see them getting married at the burrow even if it was public. so anyway that is stupid. and i don’t really like the idea that they could be replacing poesy with another actress for HBP because i like the continuity of having the same actors across all of the films (unless of course they have to replace them aka dumbledore) Ohh yeah and she really can’t expect people not to tell her the end of ootp since the book has been out since 2003 and the movie since last year. seriously she can’t be that interested in them if she can’t find the time to read them. whatever. rant over

Avatar Image says:

NOOOOOOO!!!!! WE MUST HAVE PHLEGM IN THE STORY!!!! i love her, as bitchy as she is. she completes the story. im going to hope that WB replaced her with another actress to play the role. I love the conflict between her and mrs weasley, it’s one of the few lighter subjects in the book.

Avatar Image says:

Has Harry done “bad things”... hmm… if she means what I think she means by this, then that was my mum’s first question for me after I finished the book, too ;) But yeah in all seriousness I’m sad that we won’t be seeing Fleur anymore (presumably), but not at all surprised.

Avatar Image says:

I think it was a bad deision, as she comes up in the seventh aswell and it irritates me a lt when they change things around so they’e different to the book. I cannot believe that she hasn’t read the last three yet!

Avatar Image says:

They know now how the story ends so they’ll know for sure which things are important to go into the film. As they didin’t know that the mirror would play such an important part in the DH thy didin’t put it in. They can still put it in the next one though.

Avatar Image says:

Awh I love Clemence. They can easily not have her in 6 but have her in 7 though as long as she’s mentioned briefly in 6. They’ve managed without Bill so far though, so perhaps the wedding will be cut out.

I think it’s unlikely that she’ll come back, but I’d be glad if she did. It is a great story line.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t mind that they cut storylines, It’s just that I am worried that they make it extremely difficult for themselfs to make the final film. They will have to make up a lot of new stuff, to replace the pieces of story, that don’t fit anymore.

And about replacing Clemence with another actrice, stop hoping, because you’re up for a disapointment. They only got a new actor for Dumbledore, because Harris died. There is no good reason to replace Fleur. And I don’t think David Yates is going to say: Yeah, I thought Clemence Poesy sucked ass, so I replaced her.

Avatar Image says:

Ahh, I forgot about the absence of “Dung” as well! Wow, that whole 7 Potters scene is going to be rewritten – maybe with Ginny and/or Luna (which would really be weird/creepy)? Neville? Or maybe just the trio? Makes you wonder how the whole “fallen warrior” thing is going to play out too, seeing as without Dung there’s no one to desert Moody.

Avatar Image says:

they way I see it, she won’t be in HBP, but they didn’t say anything about the deathly hallows, so maybe she’ll be back then.

Avatar Image says:

Personally, I would have liked to have seen the hospital scene, but I’m not at all surprised that Fleur and Bill is one of the cut story lines. Mention of their wedding could be a throwaway line at the end to establish a scene for the last movie, or they could do away with the wedding altogether. In fact, that’s what I expect will happen unless they do decide to make two movies out of it. The wedding scene did not, as they say, advance the story line. The trio could flee from anyplace that was under attack. Since I loved every part of the book, it’s going to be a wrench to lose pieces of it. Still, I expect a good movie. :)

Avatar Image says:

Well… I cannot help being sad… I like Bill/Fleur, they are a very beautiful couple, to my mind. I admit that they are not so important for the story, but honestly, I don’t understand the movie people :((( They say that they need some comic relief as a contrast to the darker side of the movie. Then why do they cut the humorous scenes from the book and unnecessarily highlight some minor romantic storylines instead? Just because these minor storylines involve the main characters? Well, maybe :(((

I’d be delighted if there was a mini-series in a couple of years, though I don’t know whether it is possible… I’m not very competent when it comes to copyrights :(((

Avatar Image says:

NO WEDDING???? NO SHELL COTTAGE??? O.K. those are bad, but WHAT ABOUT POOR TEDDY LUPIN???!!!! THEY CAN’T TAKE HIM OUT IN THE SEVENTH MOVIE.

!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

On the Dobby issue; I’m not quite there yet, but I’m afraid I’m now nearly 100% convinced that he’s going to be cut from the rest of the series, tragic death sequence and all, quite simply because the films haven’t laid the groundwork that moment to function at all. The reason we felt the sadness of Dobby’s loss in the books was that he was a familiar character who we’d grown to love over the years; in the movie continuity, however, Dobby hasn’t been seen or even referenced since Chamber of Secrets, where he was little more than incidental comedy relief, and from all indications he’s not going to make Half-Blood Prince, either. For the movie series to suddenly bring back a bit-part character after five films and seven years, someone who movie audiences haven’t been told was important or even worth remembering, and then stage an elaborate and emotionally pivotal death scene around him…not only would it not have the dramatic punch the moment requires and deserves, it would leave most audience members feeling confused and slightly cheated. As such, as memorable an iconic a moment as it was, I can’t really see it happening in the film.

Of course, that does beg the question of how to replace his role in the story, both as a sort of deus ex machina to facilitate the gang’s escape from Malfoy Manor, and as the character whose death sends Harry on the next mpart of his emotional journey. The GoF and OotP movies both used Neville to fulfil Dobby’s narrative functions, but certainly having him die in Dobby’s stead would be too much of a liberty to take…there’s no easy answer to this problem, and they could just cut this aspect out, but assuming they do go down this path, what would people think of the idea of once again using Lupin or Tonks? OK, they’d have to be a little creative to set up the scenario, but think about it – they’re definitely characters that movie audiences will invest in, neither has a crucial role elsewhere in the plot, and both are due to die later in the story anyway. Moving one (or both) of them into the Dobby role could work, and it would certainly streamline the story; heck, if they do end up taking Bill and Fleur’s roles too, then it would even make sense to have them buried at Shell Cottage, as it would, in the continuity, be their house…just a thought. :)

Avatar Image says:

well this is horrible news, i mean i was looking foward to her being there, but i am more concerened about whether or not she is going to be back for movie seven, because if not, then parts of it are ruined like shell cotage, and the wedding

Avatar Image says:

Well, crap. They’re taking out one of the best moments in the last two books, probably in favor of trying to make the Lupin/Tonks “romance” make sense. Given that the two characters did not even appear on screen together in the fifth movie, this should work about as well as the original “romance” did, which is to say, “not at all.”

Thank God there are other movies coming out in the next couple of years. No way am I going to the last two Potter movies at this rate.

Avatar Image says:

noooo! i generally stay quiet on here, but one of my least favorite players in the movies is natalia. i know she gets rave reviews, but she’s just not the tonks i expected. and beyond that i think that a big happy wedding will alter the dh storyline. here’s hoping they find a different alternative.

Avatar Image says:

Look, maybe Ron say his brother is going to marry Fleur and Ginny say something like “You mean Phlegm…” and then they will be in the seventh movie.

Avatar Image says:

ha of course i meant the tonks/lupin wedding.

Avatar Image says:

Okay I really hope that means they haven’t asked her yet or they are getting another fleur. Because if they dont have Fleur in HBP then what about the hospital scene that the end…Fleur wasn’t the only one announcing their love during that scene; Tonks did too. But I really Really wanted to see Bill and Fleur ’s wedding. Plus all the comedy in the beginng with Molly/ Ginny with Fleur. Like I said before maybe its just that they haven’t asked her yet.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t say I’m surprised, but I did love the scene in the hospital wing. I think everyone gained a lot of respect for fleur there. But in a way I’m glad that won’t be in the film – if the films can’t do scenes properly, I’d rather they didn’t do them at all or it ruins the books.

Avatar Image says:

outrageous… this is the most painful cut-from-the-book they have ever made till now…rubbish…rubbish…and rubbish…what next? cut Hermione’s scenes maybe?

Avatar Image says:

Come on!!!! They didn’t!!! So the scene with Bill and in the hospital with everybody else in there? I can’t believe!.............. I’m so sad. I was really looking forward to that scene, the moment they are all together and the realization of evething that has just happened… and fleur brings to that moment such a breath of hope and reminds us of how powerful love is… and… oh… so sad she won’t be there!.... What now? Are they taking Lupin and Tonks storyline out to? Give us a break…....!

Avatar Image says:

People who say they’re gonna boycott the last two movies because of Fleur’s absence make me laugh. You have to ask yourselves how does her and Bill’s role in the book pertain to the main storyline which is Harry’s journey. And it doesn’t. It simply isn’t vital. I’m not in the least bit surprised they’ve cut it out. It’s what happens when adaptations of huge books are made. Deal with it.

Avatar Image says:

Bill is an incredible badass, but I’d much rather they cut Bill and Fleur, who aren’t very necessary for the film, than them having to rush a scene that’s really important to us, like Dobby’s death. I agree with most in that I think they’re going to replace the Bill and Fleur storyline with Lupin and Tonks’, and Shell Cottage will be their home.

In the end, this is not the worst cut so far (that would be the mauraders plot and/or the Fred and George scene in GoF at the Dursleys), and hopefully Lupin gets more screen time.

Avatar Image says:

That’s an outrage! That’s a scandal that is! We need Fleur and Bill. What about the attack on Bill by Greyback and the scene in the hospital wing with Fleur and Mrs. Weasley? Geez. It sounds like the movie is going to be REALLY pared down. :o(

Avatar Image says:

People really need to stop comparing the movies to the books. They are two completely different mediums people! Things that work well in a book, might not work at all in a movie and in a movie there is just less time so things have to be cut. Now I trust the filmmakers because they did a pretty good job so far (just look at the critic-ratings at rottentomatoes)

Wake up! These aren’t your favorite books on screen. These are movies. And they are pretty darn good as well.

Avatar Image says:

I’m not that bothered about Fleur being cut out of HBP, but I mean, what about Deathly Hallows? No wedding? Ok, ok, the wedding itself isn’t that important, but I mean, it’s much more thrilling when Death Eaters appear out of nowhere at a happy wedding party than in any other ordinary scene!

And what about Shell Cottage? It’s one of the deepest and most touching bits of DH.

Oh, curse. I can’t believe the seventh film is being ruined already.

Anyway, I hope they find a good way to cover up all the holes they’re cutting into the story.

Avatar Image says:

Redbeard, I agree with you. But it’s a shame that Shell Cottage won’t be in the seventh film (at least that’s what it seems like), because as I said, it’s one the of the deepest moments in DH. Harry makes very serious decisions and his actions prove how he has grown and matured over the years.

But oh well. Let’s see how it turns out!

Avatar Image says:

She’s a background character anyways, and just because she’s not in HBP doesn’t mean she isn’t in DH. I don’t mind Fleur getting cut out for something else. She’s not really in there.

Avatar Image says:

Ok so it there is noPhelgm..then WTF? how can they carry on to DH? Oh they so always piss me off! all these changes will totally effect the outcome. How can they possibly think this isnt important! It sets up so much in the end. Oh I swear, I just hate these movies. What a shame they dont care about the books, they really dont. See Steve Kloves is back…with a vengence!

Avatar Image says:

i just cannot believe she hasnt even read the last three books….after being in the movie….i cant believe it….what a disgrace…..

Avatar Image says:

I knew it!!!! they left out Bill/Fleur and Remus/Tonks in HBP!!!! But i think they’re gonna be in DH,especially if there will be 2 films. But they will only mentione Bill/Fleur and I think we’ll see the wedding. They have to cut something,and Bill/Fleur is not that important. But I want to see twins shop!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

The good news is that now, Deathly Hallows will be one film after all. Without B&F, they can cut out the wedding, shell cottage. And if they cut out Shell Cottage, they may as well cut out Dobby’s rescue and death. And if they’re going to cut that out, they may as well edit out the whole capture (so we definitely wouldn’t see any Greyback) and Malfoy manor (sorry Sue). And if they’re going to cut out all that, they may as well get rid of the bank heist too, unless they’re going to plan it in the tent. So in the movie we’ll see Harry ditch the Dursleys, steal the locket back from Umbridge, go to Godric’s Hollow, visit Lovegood, then to Hogwars and straight into the forest. They’ll probably just end it there.

I was joking but now that I look at it, I really wouldn’t be surprised if the movie was really like that considering the butchering they did to GoF & OotP.

Avatar Image says:

How. In. The. World do they expect to do Deathly Hallows justice if Fleur isn’t going to be in HBP?

This has better be good.

Avatar Image says:

Hi, first time poster. I wholeheartedly agree that Fleur should be in the films. For the wedding and the Shell Cottage. It just wouldn’t be right to reassign the duties of one or two charcters. I mean who will Ron stay with when he gets angry and leaves for a while. How could they explain the Bathilda Bagshot thing at the wedding. Aunt Muriel wouldn’t attend Remus’ wedding…well maybe she would she does seem to like gossip. The point is, they just can’t take her out of the films.

Avatar Image says:

OMFG i cant believe they are cutting out one of the main scenes! If Fleur and Bill arent in the 6th film then im guessing the wedding isnt involved in DH. I cannot believe they are gonna fk up half blood prince and then attempt to make DH ‘the best’. and why does the film have to be withing 2hours huh? i mean spiderman, lord of the rings, the matrix trilogy, they were all over 2 n half hours, infact matrix films were over 3hours. even pirates of the caribbean was 2 hours 45mins.Its just ludicris, how they cant make the books into over 2 and a half hours when they can for other films. anyway, thats my rant over with. im watching OOTP atm lol i love the last scene, so sad! They still f*ed up this film though!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Amen, Katherine! Why in the hell can’t they make three hour long movies? If Titanic, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and the Pirates movies can be interminably long why can’t they make Harry good and long too? I’ve been saying it for years. Thanks for reminding us all.

Avatar Image says:

Hey!!!! Phlegm is an extremely big part in the next to books just because she hasn’t read them isn’t an excuse! I am shocked at this!

Avatar Image says:

In all the hullabaloo over running times here, a lot of you seem to be forgetting that the Potter films,by any normal standards, are actually pretty long. I know they seem to set themselves a target of just over two hours, but in reality all of them are much longer than that; OotP was the shortest, and that still came in at a good 138 minutes, whilst CoS, the longest, clocked in at a substantial 161 minutes – the average for the series is a shade under 150 minutes, or two and half hours exactly. In my estimation, that makes this a series of pretty long films.

Still, it’s not really the numbers that matter to me, it’s making each film as long as it needs to be. As much as I loved PoA and OotP, I did feel they were a little shorter than they should have been, especially OotP; on the other hand, CoS was way too long for me, turning what should have been the fastest-paced story into a dull trudge. I wouldn’t mind a relatively brief HBP, in all honesty; I reckon they could cover everything they need to in 145 minutes or less, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up as the shortest film in the series. DH, on the other hand, does need some lengthy screentime to work properly; as I’ve said, two films is far too much, but I still believe that something between 150 and 180 minutes would be required to do it justice. If it doesn’t end up as the longest film of the series, I’ll be a little wary…

Avatar Image says:

People People People- this isnt the end of the world- for the hundred billionth time we have no idea what is going to happen in these last two movies so to rule out in your own head one conclusion or another is foolish. JUST wait and see. I think they will still have the wedding it will just be Tonks and Lupin because it gives them more buildup and Dobby can be back in the end that is not completely out of the question and neither is Kreacher. Just relax, breath if your not, I go into the theatre with high hopes and I still come out pleased because I know that there is no book to movie adaptation that includes everything.

Avatar Image says:

It doesn’t bother me too much her character is not in this movie… but there had better be a wedding in DH…

i wonder if Bill will be in it… I would like to see the older Weasley brothers casted… :-)

But i really would have liked to hear them call Fleur “Phlegm”... it just would have been funny… oh well…

M-B-W

fleur is important!!!

she is kinda the one thing (exept ginny) that gives this story an emotional touch :P

Avatar Image says:

I have to say I am really not that suprised. Im not happy about it, but I saw it coming I also think that they will make Remus and Tonks the new Bill and Fleur.

Avatar Image says:

What will happen when Fenrir Greyback attacks Bill, I thought that was kind of an important part of the book. If Fleur is Gone, are they not going to bring Bill to the big screen either???

Avatar Image says:

i dont care anymore how they do the films as long as dh turns out the best!!!

Avatar Image says:

Is the wedding really that important? lets’ face it Molly Weasley haas a 1001 reasons to fuss and obstruck, and any happening of a kind could serve for the two main effects of the wedding. NLInformation on young Dumbly and introduction of the “Grindlewald” sign This could also happen on Harry’s 17th birthday. No Bill no Fleur no Charley needed. also no disappointment for NOT casting the actor everyone think he is best for Bill or Charley

Avatar Image says:

We’re getting cutting news now? hopes Sectumsempra is not next like everyone seems to think on th imdb borads… I will be uber upset.

Avatar Image says:

I suppose in Deathly Hallows they’re going to use Remus’ wedding instead of bill’s because you cant use a relationship that came out of nowhere and just marry them… So, if they’re including Remus and Tonks’ relationship, is probable that the wedding (if we see a wedding after all) could be theirs…

Avatar Image says:

Bill & Fluer are important to the DH. THere cottage is where Harry buries Dobby, where he plans the infiltation of the bank and where he ask pertinent questions about the wand. THe schene where harry buries Dobby by the sea is very very powerful

Quelle surprise.

They were always gonna adapt Bill/Fleur to the Lupin/Tonks rship: wedding, shell cottage and all. more the pity, because I love those two, and think lupin/tonks was quite screwed up, but still. It makes sense, film-wise. It would be quite peculiar for another Weasley brother to pop up at random.

Avatar Image says:

the Burrow wont be the same without the Phlegm spilling all over the place!

But i guess i’ll live…..

Live, Love Harry Potter!

Avatar Image says:

What’s next? Harry won’t have time to search for the Deathly Hallows in movie 7. If they cut Bill and Phlegm, where will Dobby take everybody when they escape the malfoys. Oh wait, they’ll cut that too.

Reminds me of the Simpsons, when Homer is the football coach cutting everybody from the team. You’re cut.

Avatar Image says:

they cant take her out….thats just wrong. And at least they have to put her in Deathly Hallows…. IM SOOOOOOOOO MADDD

Avatar Image says:

I’m more upset about the loss of the Gaunts than of Bill and Fleur. How on EARTH will they explain Voldemort’s back story and the horcruxes with out the Gaunts? It’s integral to the story and I’m sick that the Gaunts are cut.

Avatar Image says:

Very well said, Beckett and Redbeard.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, Shell Cottage is important. But nothing demands that it be the home of Bill and Fleur. The only thing I’d REALLY miss about that story line is meeting Bill. But now he’ll always be as handsome as he is in my mind!

The wedding itself is not necessary, except that it throws a lot of people together who otherwise would not be together. Xeno’s display of the DH symbol seems the most important thing to me. (Wasn’t Billy Connelly approached about playing Xeno?) But its introduction at the wedding itself is not crucial.

I’m with the fan who hopes that Sectumsempra remain in HPB. It’s one of the most horrifying moments in the book!

Avatar Image says:

I really hope she comes back for Deathly Hallows!!! If there’s no wedding or Shell Cottage…AHHHHH!!!! And what is this about her not reading the last 3 books???!!!! INSANE!!! wELL, Michael Gambon hasn’t read any.

Avatar Image says:

I’m truly sorry for all the Bill/Fleur fans who are dismayed by this news, but in all honesty, I think the WB has made a good decision. It makes sense, filmwise, because not only would they need to re-introduce Fleur, but they’d need to introduce Bill, who hasn’t been in any of the movies so far (or even been mentioned, as far as I can recall). And really, both of those characters, and their romance, are very much background material. B/F provides some comic relief, and a nice romantic moment there at the end in the hospital wing, yes. But honestly, in the HBP movie we’ve already had it confirmed that there will be: Harry/Ginny, Dean/Ginny, Ron/Lavender, heavy Ron/Hermione anvils hints, and quite possibly some Lupin/Tonks as well. All of those pairings can give us both romance and comic relief. Do we really need yet another pairing for that? No, we don’t.

Yes, Shell Cottage is important in DH, but it doesn’t have to be Bill and Fleur’s house; it could be Lupin and Tonks’s place, as many have suggested, or it could be Kingsley Shacklebolt’s, or any other random Order member. For that matter, there’s really not any reason the Trio & Co can’t simply go to Auntie Muriel’s house, where the rest of the Weasleys were staying.

Again, I’m truly sorry for the Bill/Fleur fans who are disappointed; it sucks to have your favorite characters and/or scenes cut from the movie. But I understand why B/F has been cut. They are not an essential part of the plot, and other characters can easily be substituted for them.

This is not catastrophic news.

Avatar Image says:

If they cut dobby out I’m going to kill them. They butcher the movies enough as is. The only thing worse would be not to show poor Hedwigs downfall.

And I’m just glad that Bonnie Wright looks so mature now. I was quite concerned with how she would play Harry’s girlfriend looking 12 but she’s looking like a little hottie now.

Avatar Image says:

Awww, but Fleur’s whole “I’m beautiful enough for the both of us!” line was one of my favorite parts of HBP.

If she’s not in HBP I wonder if the DH movie will skip the wedding compleatly?

Avatar Image says:

Damn you, Warner Bros.! Must they screw around with everything in this book? They take out everything good. But still, pretty much everything is good in HP. I wish Fleur would still be in the 5 6 and 7th book. Oh,you wait, they might just take out voldemort, ron and hermione for deathly hallows.

Avatar Image says:

Damn you, Warner Bros.! Must they screw around with everything in this book? They take out everything good. But still, pretty much everything is good in HP. I wish Fleur would still be in the 5 6 and 7th movies. Oh,you wait, they might just take out voldemort, ron and hermione for deathly hallows.

Avatar Image says:

‘Bah’ to Bill and Fluer. Yes, I quite like Bill for the three or so lines of dialogue he’s had, and Fluer grew on me in Deathly Hallows, but…GO LUPIN/TONKS!!! I’d be so happy if they replaced B/F with L/T. SQUEE!

And, if you are a Fluer lover, they might be using another actor…which would also be very cool…

Avatar Image says:

I have to say that, despite disliking the Columbus and team interpretation of Dobby and the house elves, I really want to see Dobby’s death scene and Harry burying him. If they can use Tonks and Lupin to a better degree than they have thus far, and lose Bill et all (despite Bill being my favorite Weasly) , I can live with that .

Avatar Image says:

Hi i am Daniel = in singapore :( cannot see the movie because i am also to young for the moive but i will buy the cd to see it .Who can tell me where the cd is pls?

Avatar Image says:

Hi again i need to find the book pls tell me?

oh for the love of…

Ok, fine…so from what I’m understanding here they are going to potentially take out Bill and Fleur entirely and replace them with Remus and Tonks. Essentially removing one undeveloped and ignored relationship and replacing it with another undeveloped and ignored relationship. Hell, why even have any of it in there at all? They are starting to hit these points where all that stuff they’ve been ignoring and glossing over for the sake of running time is going to come back and bite them in the butt.

And omg I hadn’t heard they were leaving the Gaunts out entirely! Who do I need to hunt down and injure on that dumb call?

Honestly…you would think after 5 movies and BILLIONS of dollars in WB’s bank accounts (and the well padding the higher ups in the actually production line are getting), they could give us a little leeway here. Guess not.

Avatar Image says:

oh wow no fleur? but mrs weasley is suposed to be hysterical in half blood prince, so’s ginny and hermione. man good thing i like the book of hp much better. no offence wb.

Avatar Image says:

remus or bill, hmm hard choice, ilike them both the first being good friend of hp’s dad, the second his best mte’s bro. but remus story is soooooo sad. i’m not telling (sobs). and well in a piont so is bills hondsome face.

but the gaunts are in right. the story need the gaunts

Avatar Image says:

Even if it wasn’t a huge part of book 6… Bill and Fleur’s plotline is introduced because it’s very important in Deathly Hallows!! The wedding..and SHELL COTTAGE, that’s like one of the strongest scenes in the series!! (I really love Dobby you know.. lol) As for them replacing it with Remus/Tonks… I don’t know.. but God they better be A wedding and a Shell Cottage scene!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

oh well we should’ve expected this by now, given that Poesy hasnt been asked back and they are about halfway done through filming. Fleur’s absence isnt so much an issue with HBP but the impact for DH may be great, given that it seriously puts Shell Cottage and the important events there in question of even happening. anyway lets see. it isnt the first time that events and/or characters gets moved around.

Avatar Image says:

WendyE—wait, wait. It’s been confirmed that the Gaunts have been cut as well?

Avatar Image says:

Ok… I know Phlegm is Fleur, but still I’m wondering, what Phlegm means…. Can any one tell me??? And I’m also not happy about this, she plays a really important part in the book….

Avatar Image says:

Oi, stop bad-mouthing Clemence! She’s a great actress as Fleur! So what, who cares if she hasn’t read them yet, she’s a busy and hardworking actress. She said she’s going to read them on her vacation, aka, she hasn’t had time to read them until now! So, stop dissing her.

Jeeze, this really sucks that she’s not back. I loved the wedding, the whole ‘Phlegm’ bit, and all that. Ugh, WB are seriously going to screw this one up.

Let’s just hope she’s back for Deathly Hallows. crosses fingers

Avatar Image says:

It’s so rare that the people making these movies make a good decision about what to cut & what to leave in. Why does this surprise anyone? Very few people here (or in the larger, real world of Potter fans) would mind seeing her for a scene or two if for no other reason than continuity & some notion they haven’t completely butchered the story they’re adapting yet again.

Avatar Image says:

by the way guys, DH I GUESS will be completely different and wont have any relation with the previous movies so the new director will somehow reintroduce the mirror, bill and fleur for the wedding or remus and tonks wedding and will correct the mistakes!!! i hope i’m not too hopefull but i am glad that bill and fleur are cut out of HBP coz their is no importance to them except to add fun stuff in the movie and we have some fun stuff like lavlav and won won!!! HBP is supposed to be dark and sad so adding some fun facts would lighten the movie up so i guess that’s a right decision from David Yates and WB!!! I know that Fleur and Bill are important to DH but they will create something!!!:D Look guys dont judge a book by its cover ok? The gaunts being cut out is making me mad but dont lose ur heads over a relationship being cut out of the movie!!! WAIT till the trailer comes out or the movie comes out and then judge!!! HP fans calm down a little and give David Yates a break or else make a strike saying: ’ NO DAVID YATES FOR HBP!’

Avatar Image says:

i am surprised that she has not read the final 3 books.such a person hw can she be in a Hp movie?shame!!!she don’t desrve being in the pottercast

Avatar Image says:

really, calm down… it’s just a movie… it’s not like we can’t go back and re-read the actual books! all this “oh, no, what will i do, my life is ending because of a harry potter movie!” is kind of over the top! just enjoy this stuff for what it is: entertainment! and why worry about inconsistencies? if you know what’s happening in the film, don’t worry about someone who hasn’t read the books; if it is that confusing for them, maybe they’ll pick up the novel.

just take a deep breath, and live some real life…

Avatar Image says:

Just once, it would be nice to see ANY movie stick to the book, especially the HP series. It’s so sad to be actually disappointed in a movie because we’ve read the books so many times you can practically picture it in your mind. It’s just not fair! Hopefully they will have another actress pose this character. I know that hers won’t be as prominent as in GoF, so maybe they are changing up for someone different. We’ll just have to wait and see!

Avatar Image says:

Hey Nele – phlegm is the technical term for snot, boogers, etc

Avatar Image says:

well, look at the bright side, we get another wb saying “oh well theres just not enough time for it in the movie!” who ever remakes these movie needs to do movies 4-7 in two parts.

Avatar Image says:

Oh no! Now they’ll probably cut Dobby’s demise at Shell Cottage! For me that was the first part of DH where the tears started flowing – rapidly!

Avatar Image says:

Corinne, that made me laugh! as funny as it is, i’m sorry to say you’re totally wrong… phlegm is really any substance secreted by mucus membranes except the nose! you’d sooner cough up phlegm than blow it out of your nose… just to clarify. what a freakin gross post!

Avatar Image says:

NELE, YEAH, THE PERSON RIGHT ABOVE IS RIGHT! GROSS THOUGH!

Avatar Image says:

Everyone, take a deep breath.

I like Bill and Fleur as characters, I really do. But, in terms of plot, they are NOT important. Let me say that again: They are NOT important. Not to Half-Blood Prince, and not to Deathly Hallows. For the life of me, I cannot understand why everyone keeps screeching that Bill and Fleur are OMG SO IMPORTANT IN DH WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO THEY’VE RUINED THE MOVIE!!!

No, Bill and Fleur are NOT important. Sorry, but they are not.

What IS important in Deathly Hallows are the events that take place during their wedding, and that the Trio + Dean + Luna + Griphook + Ollivander have a place to hide when they escape from the Malfoys’ basement. The wedding does NOT have to be Bill and Fleur’s; it can just as easily be Remus and Tonks’s wedding; in fact, it would be quite a bit easier to make it the wedding of Remus and Tonks, because then the filmmakers won’t have to bother with introducing Bill (who will be a completely new character in the movies) and re-introducing Fleur (who has been neither seen nor heard of since GoF). And Shell Cottage does NOT have to belong to Bill and Fleur; again, it can easily belong to Remus and Tonks.

The filmmakers have made a good decision to cut the Bill/Fleur stuff. Their storyline is NOT necessary. In HBP, they served as an entertaining backstory, and in DH, their wedding and their home provided plot convenience. But the characters themselves are not important.

It was a good decision to cut the Bill/Fleur stuff.

Avatar Image says:

cheers, ashley. i’m 100% with you.

Avatar Image says:

I read some reactions that ” Shell Cove” is important and therefor it needs Fleur…. well, what happens in that chapter is important, but not necesairy has to happen at Shell Cove. It could as easily happen at the Burrow. and when I was a director facing the problem of condensing the movie without cutting out essentials I would skip the wedding concentrate on Harry’s 17th birthday for the Auntie Muriel and the Lovegood part and bring the whole lot back after escaping Malfoy Manor to the Burrow.

As long as the serie of necessairy events happen and not too much comes out of the blue I am curious for every interpretation.

Avatar Image says:

Ashley. you are my new best friend!!!:D:D You are 100% correct!!

Avatar Image says:

great post Ashley. I’m with you there too.

Avatar Image says:

Shell Cove?? Shell Cottage people. And talk about chicken little. Just b/c she’s not in HBP doesn’t mean she’s not in the final. It all begins at their wedding and a major plot point happens at Shell Cottage. Both their relationships are undeveloped b/c they haven’t happened yet in movie land. Give them a minute to release the movies then complain about how little they included and how we’ve gotten shortchanged on the bonus features for OOTP. Sheesh!

Avatar Image says:

i dont really care because it just wont be that actor. shame she hasnt red the books though!!! -stargirl

i totually agree withe

Avatar Image says:

sorry i keep posting so much but i agree with muggletonks here. not trying to be rude but i dont like ashleys comment!!!

Avatar Image says:

i cant wait for the movie. that fleur want even pretty enough, so im glad shes not in hbp. -stargirl p.s. has anyone red the book stargirl?? just curiouse. i recimmend it.

Avatar Image says:

Maybe if it goes into two parts , Deathly Hallows can have the Burrow wedding and the Shell cottage, pretty important to the plot, and then they will have to have Fleur. Pflem or what. but without Bill attacked by Werewolf Grayback in Half-blood…. What the heck?

Avatar Image says:

more: Oh now the Gaunts are gone? Little Hangleton? The house has already been shown at the beginning of GoF. Unexplained. A scene I did not get because I had not read the book at that time. I then read them all, starting with HBP and went backwards. Quite unusual, but I got a great understanding of the plot, the carefully planned details of the story, the genius of J.K.R. keeping things rolling and fascinating. Maybe in 15 years or so, these stories will be redone in film, and will be even better. I feel this work will enter literary history, and will be picked up by the next generations to come. Course taught in college; Potter 101. Like Huck Finn and Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and Mickey Mouse….. Children’ s books beloved by adults…..

Avatar Image says:

I can see Remus and Tonks characters substituting for Bill and Fleur in the wedding and Shell Cottage scenes (and actually this might add to the tragedy of their ultimate demise) but I will be deeply disappointed if they cut Dobby’s sacrifice, Olivander’s interview and the plot to break into Gringotts with Griphook. After seeing OOTP I have become increasingly concerned that they are ignoring important subplots that will greatly diminish Harry and the magical community’s final victory in the last film and could bend his character away from the Harry of the books.

Avatar Image says:

Ok… Thx For the information ;-) My English is not bad, I’m from Belgium and I like to read the book in English because I think they change too much in the Dutch versions… Anyway now I know what it means ;-)

Oh and by the way… after reading Ashley’s comment… I must admit she’s right… I do think everybody plays an important part in the books but I realise that you can’t show everything in a movie… She’s totally right about the fact that it are the events that take place at the wedding that are important… That’s why I prefer the books over the movies….. :-)

Avatar Image says:

I toatally agree with Ashley. No movie can be exactly the same as the book it is adapted from as they are completely different mediums. Fleur and Bill as characters arent nesessary for the plot but the scenes that they were in are. It will be important to the plot of the story that the trio have somewhere to hide out after the escape from the malfoys house and the death of Dobby needs to be included to greater understand Harry’s emotions and feelings in order to understand the decisions he makes. But these scenes dont actually need fleur and bill, and in fact I think introducing them again would just confuse those who havent read the books.

Avatar Image says:

Thats going to mess up all of Deathly Hallows! Where are they going to go instead of Shell Cottage? I though mabye they could change the part to Remus and Tonks but it wouldnt be as good because Bill’s Ron’s brother! Its rediculous! Ive got a feeling im going to be screaming all the way through the film when it comes out because of all the things theyve missed out/changed! Why do they have to mess up JK’s story. The one that we love.

Avatar Image says:

Well put Ashley, Fleur and Bill are not important. Or at least as important as we would like them to be. But on a different note, did I hear that the Guants are not going to be in the Half-Blood Prince? If so I will be pissed, but also I would be curious to see how they adress the ring.

Avatar Image says:

Surely the Gaunts must be in HBP? Where else would the ring come from? I really hope thats not true.

Avatar Image says:

As do I Katie. As do I. While the movies may be different from the books that do not mean that they should mess around with everything.

Avatar Image says:

Hey people… Well, I am a little disapointed in the movies in general but that doesn’t mean I don’t love them as movies. As far as sticking to the books (subplots and all) they’re not very good, but as movies they’re pretty amazing. I plan on seeing HBP anf DH on opening day and probaly a few more times in the theater but I totally understand where everyone who’s complaining is coming from. And…I agree, if that makes any sense. On one hand I want WB to put every single bit of the books into the movies but I also understand that this is not going to happen. I agree with Katie that they are two completely different mediums. We know and love the books. That definitely counts for something. In my opinion it counts for a lot that we know and love them so much that we get this upset when we here something is getting left out. Wow, that turned out pretty long…oh well. :)

Avatar Image says:

They can’t take Fleur out of the film not only because she plays an important role in the last book and she should in the film also it will make every1 really confused about why she is there n it is her n bills house dat harry runs away 2 in the last book so we need to know wat is going on so she must be in the film if not people should complain. It also shows how jealous ginny is when harry defends her to show that she is still interested. Also at the end fleur helps look after bill when he is injured after defending the school when the death eaters come and we need to show how bad the situation is she can’t leave

Avatar Image says:

Kerrie, I agree with you. What are they thinking with this cut. For God Sakes they are going to turn Deathly Hallows into two movies so why are they cutting an important part like this? They should be able to put 80% of everything in if that’s the case. I am sick of all the liberties the film makers continue to take. I wish Warner Brothers would lose their movie rights because they have been so irresponsible. Are they making Harry Potter films for fans or are they just using the names of characters in their own stories. (P.S. I don’t really care who would play Fleur, but don’t cut her and Bill out.) What is next, leave out the dragon scene at Gringotts! Nothing Warner Brothers would do will shock me. I’m getting angrier at them all the time. I almost feel we deserve a do over on Order of the Phoenix as it is!

Avatar Image says:

It’s not because she hasn’t been asked for the Half Blood Prince that she won’t be asked for the Deathly Hallows! And I’d like to say to people who treat Clemence Poésy of “bitch” that you can’t insult someone like that only beacause she hasn’t read three little books! I hope for you that you don’t realize what you say …

Avatar Image says:

I was disappoiunted when they didn’t show her fliritng with Bill in the background and now they’re not going to show an important part of being in love, and how what fleur says surprises and softens both Mrs. W and ginny. And there has to be a wedding, Harry finds out about the symbol, it rushes their going into hiding which is only saved because of hermiones skills to think ahead. Dobby dies at their house!! and the end shows Teddy with their daughter! All must haves!!

Avatar Image says:

I think there will be some reference to the fact that Bill and Fleur are together. They cant leave Shell Cottage out of Deathly Hallows. Otherwise they will have no hope of tying in Griphook and the Gringotts break-in.

Avatar Image says:

How could they? “Zat ’s oribble!” It really is horrible. May you magic killing muggles in hollywood end up in special hell! Take out the wedding and a curse upon all you do!

Avatar Image says:

ggrrrr!! this is SO not fair… her and Bill play a MAJOR part in this book… introducing their relationship leads up to the wedding in DH… and if they cut THAT out omg ill be so pissed.. better not be getting rid of EVERYTHING with bill n fleur… this rly sux balls… =P

Avatar Image says:

I disagree with anyone who says that Fleur and Bill are not important points in the plot, although it seems to be the minority opinion on this blog. Bill being injured by the werewolf ties into Lupin’s sub-plot, shows the involvement of Ron’s whole family in the Order of the Phoenix movement and also why Ron is so upset when he is camping in the woods with Harry and Hermione, Shell Cottage is a highly significant meeting place in Deathly Hallows, Bill and Fleur’s wedding is the beginning of trio’s run, Victorie at the end of Deathly Hallows shows the generation turn-around, and in HBP Phelgm is the jumping off point of Harry and Ginny. So, unless the WB is planning on re-casting for a Fleur this indicates that Dealthy Hallows will indeed be highly altered. Disappointing to say the least.

Avatar Image says:

It would be dissapointing if she doesn’t come back, but she probaly will. She and Bill aren’t a necessity but they have a impact on the story. So what if she did not read the last couple of books yet you people shouldn’t call her names she said she plans to read them over vacation and that is good enough. They haven’t been filming the 6th movie that long so they’ll probally ask her later on, or get a replacement sometime soon but I think the original Fleur was good and does NOT need a replacement and all of you people that say she can’t act she’s pretty good, you are just making fun of her because you know you can’t.

Avatar Image says:

okay so some of you say that they’ll just use Lupin and Tonk’s wedding. well did you read the book thats not possible because they get married in the summer and Tonks has to have her baby. anyways Kerri they haven’t been completley true to any of the books parts of 4 was supposed to be Dobby but they used Neviel instead i just hope that they put Dobby in the seventh movie.

Avatar Image says:

its awful alot of the backgroud is set on bill and fleur whose going to drive MRS. Weasely mad and going to go even more crazii about the wedding they really should stop changing things from the books that make it cool like the 7 potters hello shes important and so is Bill

Avatar Image says:

Ok, what about it? The wedding will be replaced by Harry’s birthday party and then the death eaters would be arriving in the night, during the festivities, just after he turns seventeen. That would emphasis the fact that they are really oppressed now by Voldemort and his followers, the first ( or second if they keep ” Fallen Warriors ”, as I hope they will) narrow escape. Then Fleur and Bill’s cottage would be changed as the weasley’s secret room where they are hiding ( maybe Muriel’s or any other reative or just any house well hidden ). That would mean a lot of things if Harry was to kiss Ginny at that key point, expriencing once again love, maybe more forcefully than ever, thinking at last of blindly trusting Dumbledore, especially after Dobby’s death ( Wouldn’t it be a great and profund way to end the first film if they are to be two? ). Well I can understand that that would surely disappoint the most sentimental ( and gossip lover;D) of us if the kiss doesn’t happen during Harry’s birthday but… What’s more, this would also mean that the Weasleys were already in hiding before ” The Malfoy’s Manor ” chapter and that Ron did find refuge with them and not Bill and Fleur ( no problem though there as they are the biggest blood-traitors ever seen according to the pure-blood lovers and if WB decide not to introduce bill ( and Fleur again ) or in just few scenes, just to make them appear and satisfy some HP fans ! lol ) . So, what do you think?

Avatar Image says:

This is totally stupid!!! I was ac tually looking forward to Fleur! Me and my sister agreed that we couldn’t wait for the HBP, cause it would have been so hilarious with Fleur! This SUCKS!

Avatar Image says:

Okay, so I am as big of a fan as anyone and I want them to make the movies as accurately as possible and all, but some of you need to get a life… I mean, honestly! So what if she hasn’t read the last three books? We can’t all be like those of you dropped everything last summer and neither ate nor slept until you had finished DH! What it comes down to is this: it is impossible for them to make a film version of any of the books to the caliber of the books themselves. Just watch the movie and enjoy it; it’s not the end of the world…

Avatar Image says:

damn, i was really looking forward to that scene w/ the breakfast tray… good points made by Marcheline though… i hope she’s right, Poesy is totally wrong for Fleur anyway.

Avatar Image says:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! you cannot take phlegm out of movie 6! that toptally destroys the whole thing!

Avatar Image says:

Okay Fleur that would be auesome if they had her come back it was so funny how mrs. weasley, ginny and hermione didn’t like her at least i thought it was that woudl have been relly cool to bring back people that everyone knows.

Avatar Image says:

okay casey how could you PUT THE BOOK DOWN, for cereals, that woudl have killed me and taking out fleur is a huge deal to fanatic fans and i am one of thems no one is going to convince me that fleur and bill can be replaced with tonks and lupin!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well it is not that bad since she really is only a few chapters and should be in a few scences. What you should really worry about is her coming for the wedding in Deathly Hallows. It’s not like Bonnie Wright won’t be in the sixth movie. Get reading Poesy.

Avatar Image says:

Someone may have already mentioned this, i didn’t read all the posts, but as far as continuity goes, i can’t believe they haven’t even shown Bill or Charlie Weasley yet in the movies! I mean, Charlie was at the damn Triwizard Tournament, he helped bring the dragons! They’re both members of the Order of the Phoenix and they’re Weasleys for cryin’ out loud! WEASLEYS. Do i have to say it again? No, but I will. WEASLEYS, only the most important family in Harry’s life, the family he looks to as his own, the family who looks at him like he’s one of thier sons. I understand for the length of the movies, there’s not time for everything that’s in an 800+ page book(of course, i think all the HP movies should be at least two hours, and they’re not), but they could have at least given us glimpses of the oldest two Weasley sons by now. Maybe Fleur will be in HBP played by a different actress, maybe she won’t( I didn’t really like the actress anyway – she was pretty, but not drop dead gorgeous the way the books describe her). Regardless, they’ve already messed up by not showing Bill or Charlie at some point, even in a background shot, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they took them out altogether – where were Dobby and Winky in GOF?? We all know what happens to Dobby in the last book and it’s powerful and very important to Harry – the way the movies portray it, Dobby was just a visual gag in the second film. I could go on and on, and on, and on… It comes down to this – I’ll watch the stupid movies b/c I’m addicted to the mythology, I can’t help it, but there’s no way they’re going to please me. They’ll take out crucial aspects of the story and go for the stuff that looks good visually and makes a good trailer. The epic feel of Harry’s saga will be lost to special effects and re-arranged battle sequences that won’t even be as long as they should be, and I’ll leave the theater in a daze from the visual spectacle, and realize on my drive home that they screwed the fans yet again, me included because I dished out the money to see it.

And by the way, if people are willing to sit for three hours to see a Lord of the Rings film, what makes these movie executives think us Harry Potter fans wouldn’t?? I gues that’s Hollywood for ya.

Avatar ImageSidish_black6 says: She's great. . . . Avatar Imagethe-charmed-baja says: Oh, damn :(

Write a Reply or Comment