Thompson, Grint, and Watson Donate Clothes for Charity Auction

120

Mar 01, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Several actors from the Harry Potter films have donated pieces of clothing to a new charity auction, where proceeds will help the deafblind. Among those who have donated to the Sense charity auction currently open on eBay, are: Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney), who donated this autographed “Aerosmith” bomber jacket, Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), who donated this jacket (which he sported at the Goblet of Fire premiere), and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), who contributed both a DKNY t-shirt and a special autograph. Other notable celebrities who have donated to this auction include Dame Judi Dench, Dame Helen Mirren, Ewan McGregor, Kevin Spacey, and Graham Norton. These auctions will run now until March 7.

Thanks much to our Order parter RupertGrint.net for the tip!

24 Responses to Thompson, Grint, and Watson Donate Clothes for Charity Auction

Avatar Image says:

That’s awesome! If I were rich I would bought Rupe’s jacket!!! So I could sleep in it!

Avatar Image says:

OMG i want Emma Watson’s t-shirt sooo badly!!! She has like 30 bids already and the price is 165.00!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I REALLY REALLY want Ruperts jacket.

That’s a bit stalkersih isn’t it. :P

Avatar Image says:

ugh i wish so badly to be able to have emmas shirt or ruperts….........

Avatar Image says:

i would love emma’s t-shirt or Rupert’s jacket! If I had a credit card… i can dream

Avatar Image says:

it’s only £53 at the moment, mind you five days to go…

Avatar Image says:

I want Emma’s shirt so bad! If I had the money I wouldn’t hesitate to do anything I could to get it but unfortunately, I don’t. The shirt is DKNY too!

Avatar Image says:

I still don’t understand why the handwriting on Emma’s note looks nothing like the handwriting we’ve seen for seven years, why her signature looks nothing like her autograph signature and why, for someone apparently so good at English, she spelled “teamed” wrong. (“Teemed” does not mean “paired with.” “Teamed” does.)

I want Rupert’s jacket so bad.

Avatar Image says:

I think Emma’s note looks like her handwriting. It just looks like she wrote it really fast because a lot of the words are very scribbly. She did use “teemed” wrong, but who doesn’t misspell something occasionally?

I would love to get ANY of these things, but I have no money!

Avatar Image says:

Hey, where’d my comment go? I just agreed that the note didn’t look like Emma’s handwriting… hmph :S

Avatar Image says:

Nice!! That’s sweet of them all! :-)

Avatar Image says:

Somebody posted on another site that teemed can be used with clothing. It’s true, I googled it. Clothing sites uses teemed with this or that a lot.

Avatar Image says:

Cool!! I’d buy both Rupert and Emma’s stuff. I hope they’re genuine though.

Avatar Image says:

Cool! I really would like to get Rupert jacket (if I had the money, I mean) because it is nice… Although everything is cool, and all the items are donated for a good cause. A question: Could anyone please tell me what the handwriting of Emma says? I don’t understand it at all, and I feel that she writes like a kindergarden girl. Bye.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! I would love love love to have Rupert’s jacket. That would be amazing, but that thing is probably going to sale for tons of money. And that shirt and vest set of Emma’s is pretty cute. I like the color. There’s no way I would fit in it though. lol. But I think it’s awesome that they did this for charity, pretty cool.

Avatar Image says:

@Agustin: Lol. I read the autograph, but it did take some time. Maybe she can’t help but to write like that since she’s been signing autographs since she was like 10. Now everything she writes look like an autograph. but it’s still cool. i bet that little piece of paper is going to sale for a whole lot of money.

Avatar Image says:

is nigel grint rupert’s dad?

Avatar Image says:

I am going on e-bay right now to check out the stuff for sale. Obi Wan as well as the Potter clans things. Well wish me luck !!!!

Avatar Image says:

why is everyone making a big deal about Emma’s signature and how she spelled a word?

who cares? I personally find it strange that so many people do.

Avatar Image says:

Cool. I would give nearly everything to have Ron’s jacket.

Avatar Image says:

Emma’s writing is like that because she is so used to just scrawling her name. You should see other celebrities’s signature. Scary.

Avatar Image says:

I bidded for Ruperts jacket when it was about £52 but it’s abit too much now =[ I really want it!

Avatar Image says:

@Sheena: i totally agree. lol. some people just seem to want to find the smallest and most unimportant thing to nick, pick about. it’s annoying. i mean these people are doing something good they’re giving to charity and people are talking about someone’s handwriting. who cares.

Avatar Image says:

I am just wondering if anyone knows what the final sale prices ended up being? I was watching them in my eBay account just for that, and they randomly disappeared when the auction ended. That’s never happened before. : ( Curious…..

Write a Reply or Comment