Wizard Rock Winners Include Two Songs from “Jingle Spells”

124

Mar 07, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Wizrocklopedia has now announced the winners of their People’s Choice Awards, which included two songs found on Jingle Spells, our Get a Clue Charity Fundraiser Holiday CD. Selected as “Best Holiday Song” was “Christmas with the Weasleys” by The Remus Lupins (also named Band of the Year), and “Best Rap” went to “Oh! Christmas Tree” by the Whomping Willows, who also received the Lifetime Achievement award. Many other artists who contributed to Jingle Spells were also named winners in other categories; for the full list of winners, click here. A reminder that Jingle Spells is still available via iTunes and Amazon with all proceeds to benefit Book Aid International. Congratulations to all the winners !

Thanks Wendy!

16 Responses to Wizard Rock Winners Include Two Songs from “Jingle Spells”

Avatar Image says:

yay! those are two of my favorite songs from Jingle spells! Congratulations to all of the other winners as well

Avatar Image says:

First comment! That’s never happened before.

YEAH Christmas with the Weasleys, that should be my families song. We’re exactly like them it’s insane. I am convinced my parents were the inspiration for Molly and Arthur

Avatar Image says:

okay, just kidding. second one. we posted at the same time xD

Avatar Image says:

lol this is the first time I have ever commented first too =D

Avatar Image says:

Yay OBATR! Its the only Wrock group that can ACTUALLY sing…. End of an Era=best song eva!!!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! Way to go! [insert other genric congratulation here]! [insert more Luna-ish congratulation here]! As surprising as this is to me, a would-be avid Wizard Rock listener, I realize I shouldn’t be surprised.

Avatar Image says:

hehe yessssssss we rock, Rachael. or should I say wrock to make this more magical? XD

Avatar Image says:

NOOOOO the best on the Jingle Spells CD was Wrocking Around the Bathroom Stall by the Moaning Myrtles! ugh. rap. how sad.

Avatar Image says:

I love wizrock but I think the idea of handing out a “lifetime achievement award” is hilarious – how long have these bands been around? A few years? Give it another 50 years before you start handing out lifetime achievement awards.

Avatar Image says:

OBATR is amazing, i listened to happy Christmas day like a million jillion times and i still listen to it even though its not Christmas anymore…..........................................i need to buy more music

Avatar Image says:

Geez, The Remus Lupins did really really well!

Congrats, ALEX!!!

Avatar Image says:

OLIVER BOYD AND THE REMEMBRALLS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m slightly obsessed with listening to the OBaTR albums right now. There are some gorgeous songs on there, and Open at the Close is just perfect.

Avatar Image says:

I loved Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls, as well as the Whomping Willows, The Remus Lupins, and the Moaning Myrtles! Though, I think everyone who takes the initiative to go and make a Wizard Wrock band is pretty talented, whatever their vocal skills.

Avatar Image says:

those are hands down my two favorite wizard rock bands! I saw them together live, it was really awesome.

Avatar Image says:

Awww . . . my favorite was ‘the twelve days of wizard christmas’ it was rocking!!

Write a Reply or Comment