“Order of the Phoenix” Wins Award for Best Score of Video Game

118

Mar 08, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Thanks to TLC reader Pete for letting us know the score to the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix video game was a recent winner at the Movie Music U.K. Awards. The music for the fifth Harry Potter video game, composed by James Hannigan, was named “Best Score-Game,” beating out scores from Halo 3, Lair, Bioshock and Mass Effect. You can read more about composer James Hannigan and hear excepts from his various works including a piece used frequently in the OotP game-”Welcome to Hogwarts”- here via this link, and watch a video interview with the composer on creating the score for the game from EA, here in our galleries.

16 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” Wins Award for Best Score of Video Game

Avatar Image says:

Cool, the music of that videogame is very cool!

Avatar Image says:

yeah I agree with alejandro, the music in the great was great, and the video game was great too!

Great news! Congratulations!!

Avatar Image says:

Congrats!!! Today is a happy day! My 18th birthday,OOTP’s wining more awards(I hope tommorow as well). YAY…I love you Leaky : )

Excellent…and thoroughly deserved.

Avatar Image says:

i wanna get the game so bad…..great job everyone who worked on the game! i’ve heard it was amazing!!!

and happy 18th birthday Matea!!!!!! lol

Avatar Image says:

I always thought many games soundtrack to be of high standards and even better than what hollywood films can muster. This is a great event to bring these unsung composer heroes to the fore. And yes OOtP video game was one of the best soundtracks. My favourite was Dreamfall (The Longest journey 2) – maybe that was the year before though, not sure.

Avatar Image says:

The music in the game was good, but I honestly think it’s a joke that it beat the epic soundtracks of Halo 3, Mass Effect, or Bioshock.

Avatar Image says:

Mark…You have to be kidding… Whatever you feel about the game itself the music was extremely good.

Avatar Image says:

I thought it was good, deserving of the nomination, but I just didn’t like it as much as the others. :)

Yay!

Avatar Image says:

Huh? It was good but Halo 3 was better!

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Mark. I’d have given it to Mario Galaxy or Bioshock.

Avatar Image says:

The award is deserved if you ask me. The music in the other nominated games is also good (if a bit hyped) and they are very good games but the Ootp music is incredible.

Avatar Image says:

The game was pretty good, I remember renting it a few weeks before the film came out. It was pretty nice, though my only complaints go to the lack of boss fights and the incredibly short story (and occasional poor acting here and there). But if there was one thing I liked, it was the score. Truly beautiful.

Another great thing about the game was the fixed combat system. While you had a very limited number of boss fights, the wand fighting system was incredibly original. Heres hoping the game play of OotP makes it into the last two games. Though, some more fighting tactics are welcome.

Write a Reply or Comment